Hot Deals

[Drop App] Wealthsimple Offer 75k Points ($75) + FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 6:58 pm
Tags:
Nov 15, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
As an FYI for those who might not see the WealthSimple offer. I initially didn't have the WealthSimple offer when I first signed up, I submitted an "Other" ticket through the app asking for it to be added, and within half a day it was there. Just went through the wealth simple sign up and funding process, just waiting for the drop points now.
Feb 24, 2012
4 posts
CALGARY
joeyjones6 wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 2:52 pm
I got the Welathsimple offer and signed up but missed the part about using the same email as my Drop account and may have borked it. I've contacted Drop support and am hoping they can help sort this out.
Where did it say you needed to use the same email as your drop account?
Jun 6, 2011
122 posts
103 upvotes
Victoria, BC
dernando wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 8:31 pm
From the email:

Here's how it works:
Earn 75,000 Drop points when you sign up for a Wealthsimple account. Plus, you'll get your first $10,000 of investments with no management fees for one year.
Use the same email you use on Drop
Fund your Wealthsimple account

Please allow one week for us to verify with Wealthsimple that you've completed the offer. Questions? Shoot us an email at support@earnwithdrop.com
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20497 posts
3167 upvotes
Waterloo
dernando wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 8:31 pm
That's generally a required condition for all Drop offers - CIBC or WS

Check the offer T&C in your Drop app
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Jul 23, 2007
109 posts
21 upvotes
York
I downloaded the app. And could not go through the screen asking me to sign up my bank accounts etc.. how to go beyond that? Do I really need to link my cards/accounts?
zobi123 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:47 pm
It seems safe enough, they have more info about it here: https://www.earnwithdrop.com/pages/security
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1484 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
didi love wrote:
Nov 25th, 2017 8:37 pm
I downloaded the app. And could not go through the screen asking me to sign up my bank accounts etc.. how to go beyond that? Do I really need to link my cards/accounts?
Yes, it's mandatory to link a card.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2007
1341 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
i signed up early this week and got the points yesterday
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1791 posts
446 upvotes
Calgary
Set up the account but every time I try to link a bank account it doesn't link.

I get through all the pages and click confirm to choose the bank account, it takes me to the main page and the account doesn't show. Anyone else\

Edit: Figured it out. I had to complete their planner first.
Last edited by mchuong on Nov 28th, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 3, 2013
180 posts
59 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I dont believe Wealthsimple since they keep trying to hire developers with below average salaries..
Jul 28, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
I was approved for the Capital One Aspire Travel MasterCard offer through Drop (comes with 80,000 Drop points) on September 26, 2017. Today is November 28, 2017, and I have yet to receive the points. I emailed Drop support at the end of October and here is their reply:

"Bea Jimenez (Drop Support)
Oct 18, 12:32 PM CDT
Hey Henry,

Thanks for following up with us! We're waiting for Capital One to send us an updated report on credit card completions. We're so sorry that it's taken quite some time to arrive - we understand that this isn't the ideal experience and we hope that you understand!

We're trying our absolute hardest to check up on Capital One as many users have been affected by this delay. We assure you that once we receive confirmation from Capital One, the points will be awarded to you right away! We've also noted you on a separate list of members who have received their card already and are simply waiting to receive their points.

Again, we thank you so much for your patience - we've added 500 points to your account as a gesture of our gratitude Money BagMoney With Wings

Thanks for being a Drop member!"

I figured I'll give them another 2 weeks. By mid-November, I still haven't seen the 80,000 Drop points so I emailed them again, and I got the following:

"We are currently receiving a higher than normal amount of inquiries - but we promise we will respond to you as soon as possible! Our current response time is longer than we would like, and we ask that you please allow up to 7-10 business days to hear back.
This shouldn’t be something we experience for a long period of time, though with our incredible growth in Canada and the United States, we've seen a spark in support tickets! We truly appreciate your patience and understanding - you'll be hearing from us soon! "

Overall, my experience with Drop has been awful and their response time of "7-10 business days" is pretty terrible.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1321 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
If you link more cards, do you get more offers?

I still don't fully trust this system yet. I've only linked my credit card...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1321 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Also, how do the offers work for the restaurants?

It says I can earn 2points for every $1 spent... But how do I earn that? Do I have to go through the drop link?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)