Hot Deals

[Drop App] Wealthsimple Offer 75k Points ($75) + FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:53 pm
Tags:
Jul 21, 2006
930 posts
152 upvotes
Do not use drop they are selling your data. My rbc got hacked also after connecting.
Nov 18, 2015
592 posts
155 upvotes
deelmkr wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:08 pm
what scares me about Drop is you have to provide your logins for banking/cc etc. that's the only hurdle i'm struggling with to join.
I bit the bullet a few weeks ago. I selected 5 places I go to. Or so I thought I realised there was a few more. Sucks cause I have a shell for gas I go to and it would have added up quick. I got like 5 bucks already doing honestly zip. Its pretty cool. So u use my scene CC. Get scene points and drop points for gift cards at the same time. I figure its my CC if there's a breach I despite.
Nov 13, 2006
490 posts
75 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
sickcityxiii wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:03 pm
I guess this wont work if I already have a WealthSimple acccount :(
Email Wealthsimple directly from their site. They helped me push the promo through, although I had signed up for the account not too long before the promo went live.
Beware the RFD Effect
Oct 27, 2016
63 posts
30 upvotes
While I like the concept of Drop, I will not give out my login under any circumstances. Those of you who do, clearly didn't read your bank's terms and conditions which explicitly state you cannot give away login and passwords to anyone. Guess what will happen to you when/if your accounts are compromised in any unrelated way and they see this?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1313 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
stratux wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:09 pm
Do not use drop they are selling your data. My rbc got hacked also after connecting.
Can you elaborate on this please?

This is very concerning. And now that you put this out there, I'm concerned about my account.

In what way did your RBC account get hacked? Did money leave your account?
Mar 12, 2011
404 posts
136 upvotes
stratux wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:09 pm
Obviously they are selling your data. They wouldn't give you gift certificates for free. They want to know what you're buying (and where, how often, etc.).
Jul 18, 2009
8 posts
Montreal
Just so you know the Amazon gift card is for Amazon.com, so you can't use it for Amazon.ca
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1483 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
downforce wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:58 pm
Just so you know the Amazon gift card is for Amazon.com, so you can't use it for Amazon.ca
I have used it many times for amazon.ca gift cards and I get the code instantly in my email.
Jul 18, 2009
8 posts
Montreal
zobi123 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:34 pm
I have used it many times for amazon.ca gift cards and I get the code instantly in my email.
If I open Drop and click redeem. I only see

Title : Amazon : Get it online with Amazon.com
Details : This reward is a 10$ amazon.com e-gift card.

Initially, thats what I thought too. I tried the gift card code for Amazon.ca and it didnt work (saying its an Amazon.com code).

How did you do it?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20460 posts
3158 upvotes
Waterloo
downforce wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:42 pm
If I open Drop and click redeem. I only see

Title : Amazon : Get it online with Amazon.com
Details : This reward is a 10$ amazon.com e-gift card.

Initially, thats what I thought too. I tried the gift card code for Amazon.ca and it didnt work (saying its an Amazon.com code).

How did you do it?
I redeemed $100+ worth of Amazon.CA (N x $10 each) in my Drop apps in the family, redeemed no problem (last usage last night)

Maybe you registered somehow as US resident/address? I know it was doable (to get different offers)
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1788 posts
442 upvotes
Calgary
Any idea if all the rewards are for Canadian retailers? Thinking about redeeming the bonus points from the Wealthsimple offer for Apple Store gift cards.

Also, I deposited $5 into the Wealthsimple account last Tuesday. Just received the points today so it took a week.
Dec 20, 2015
328 posts
129 upvotes
Nunavut
x2012t wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:45 pm
I dont believe Wealthsimple since they keep trying to hire developers with below average salaries..
They should be willing to pay more, especially since Ruby is more and more becoming a niche language.

I guess they are looking for a java developer now as well.
Last edited by Ytterbium on Dec 5th, 2017 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😃😃😃
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1483 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
x2012t wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:45 pm
I dont believe Wealthsimple since they keep trying to hire developers with below average salaries..
How much are they paying?
Jul 18, 2009
8 posts
Montreal
jerryhung wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:31 pm
I redeemed $100+ worth of Amazon.CA (N x $10 each) in my Drop apps in the family, redeemed no problem (last usage last night)

Maybe you registered somehow as US resident/address? I know it was doable (to get different offers)
Username : Email ending with .ca
Itunes region : Canada
I linked a Canadian Bank to Drop
I live in Canada and never lived in US so there's no way I input an US address during WealthSimple registration

Drop doesn't seem to have a country setting in the app so I don't know where else you could change Country
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1080 posts
237 upvotes
downforce wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:51 pm
Username : Email ending with .ca
Itunes region : Canada
I linked a Canadian Bank to Drop
I live in Canada and never lived in US so there's no way I input an US address during WealthSimple registration

Drop doesn't seem to have a country setting in the app so I don't know where else you could change Country
Theres two different Amazon links.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

spunwasi