• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2012 11:57 am
Tags:
None
Dec 19, 2009
18 posts
10 upvotes

Dropbox : receive extra 23GB of space for 2 years

I don't know if I can post this, but xda developpers created an apk that gives you 23GB for 2 years. It worked for me and many many other users.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ht=dropbox

here is the link for the APK from the OP at xda : http://www.mediafire.com/?yjvzu2mdrybdrqt

If it works for you and feel generous, you can donate to OP at xda.
44 replies
[OP]
Dec 19, 2009
18 posts
10 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2012 12:01 pm
why would you post this? that thread is closed and the link was removed by an admin already...

Hmmm... They removed it 5 minutes before my post. I didn't notice when I posted. I will write an update if they have the apk back.
Mar 21, 2010
710 posts
92 upvotes
Edmonton
I keep getting a "can't connect to dropbox" error when logging in :(

I am using the SDK rather than a real phone but I don't see why it wouldn't work... I did the same thing with box.com's 50GB... but 23GB @ dropbox would be waaaay better.
Jul 30, 2009
230 posts
200 upvotes
I keep getting a parsing error... anyone able to help? Thanks?
"Wow, this thread is like a pen full of donkeys and then I went to that link and it was like going into a stripper room with no strippers." Acid_
Jul 30, 2009
230 posts
200 upvotes
Thanks OP, got it to install - now just seeing if it will actually work
"Wow, this thread is like a pen full of donkeys and then I went to that link and it was like going into a stripper room with no strippers." Acid_
May 28, 2005
401 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Sweet, thanks OP, it worked! got my space increase notification.
Mar 21, 2010
710 posts
92 upvotes
Edmonton
hm, so I was able to login via the android SDK after installing the apk, but it didn't really do anything... maybe i'll have to try it from my buddy's Galaxy Nexus tomorrow...

really want that extra space. 3GB kinda sucks!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3611 posts
510 upvotes
BC
May not be worth the risk if you use dropbox for anything of importance. In that thread, some mentioned it involved using someone else's credentials to get it, so this may be a bit more of a hack.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Nov 2, 2011
290 posts
96 upvotes
LANGLEY
The post says something about it only being for Sense before so I'm assuming it was a promo at one time for HTC phones with the Sense UI and he figured out a way to make Dropbox think you had that.

Worked for me but I had to delete the real Dropbox first and then install his. To go back to the official app you need to uninstall the fake and then reinstall from market.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
6813 posts
1028 upvotes
sounds like a scam to steal storage space by defrauding Dropbox and HTC and stealing personal info and identity from a phone owner

This is probably why the thread got shut down on xda.

And probably DropBox will close those accounts down because of fraudulent activity
× < >