Dry Clean Canada Goose

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2019 10:48 pm
[OP]
Sep 9, 2008
187 posts
9 upvotes

Dry Clean Canada Goose

Does any one have experience dry cleaning their canada goose jacket?

Any recommendations for scarb/markham area?
71 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1275 posts
12 upvotes
I took mine to a dry cleaners on Hwy7 and main street (the plaza with the royal bank) and they told me they was down filled jackets differently. However, I've noticed the jacket isn't as poofy as when I bought it but at least its clean and is still warm...
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1735 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know general prices to dry clean a cg jacket?
Aug 7, 2009
798 posts
3 upvotes
I need to clean mine too, getting dirty
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1735 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
I got a quote of 40-45 from careful hands dry cleaners anyone know any place cheap but good?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3483 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto
LeetViet wrote:
Oct 16th, 2010 3:52 pm
I was recommended to Careful Hand Laundry by a Canada Goose rep. They did a good job and there is no damage.

http://carefulcleaners.com/gossip.html

sweet, thanks for the info. it's not bad since you dont need to dry clean it that often anyways. rather than having a nice jacket ruin
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2008
1735 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
I had mines cleaned at Careful Hands, it came back with a lot of patchy white spots and the fur wasn't what it used to be. It was pretty disappointing and apparently it cost me $55 for the extra care they hand to provide. That's $60 for laundry which is really expensive and for the service I am disappointed they make you sign a waiver before they take it which removes all their responsibility this is extremely disappointing since I'm going to have to get this cleaned again.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND Careful Hands, I guess when you get big you lose that customer touch since they would not take any liability for the patchiness still on the jacket and I argued it right at pick up, they are expensive as well. Save your money go somewhere else.
Banned
Nov 7, 2010
659 posts
24 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
take pictures of your jackets, at the laundry place, right before you hand it to them
i would
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1566 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
I have recently had the pleasure of discovering a great dry cleaner. Gibson's on Dundas West near Royal York. They are great and I will not hesitate to take my CG there in the future. I haven't had my CG cleaned yet, but these guys know their stuff. I have taken in several vintage and delicate pieces recently and they come back perfect. Plus, I got a coupon for $7 of my next service after my first visit.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1579 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke
hoponpop wrote:
Nov 21st, 2010 9:40 pm
I have recently had the pleasure of discovering a great dry cleaner. Gibson's on Dundas West near Royal York. They are great and I will not hesitate to take my CG there in the future. I haven't had my CG cleaned yet, but these guys know their stuff. I have taken in several vintage and delicate pieces recently and they come back perfect. Plus, I got a coupon for $7 of my next service after my first visit.

price?
Kherani wrote:
Dec 26th, 2009 2:30 pm
I'm getting my learners permit soon, and I understand that you need to do a written test. Whenever I ask my older friends about it, they tell me to read "the book". What is this book they're referring to?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1566 posts
502 upvotes
Toronto
As I said, I haven't done it yet so I don't know about the price. But feel free to call them and ask. I am curious myself as I am sure others would be. Please post here when you find out.