Fashion & Beauty

Dry Clean Canada Goose

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 4:27 pm
Mar 28, 2010
842 posts
37 upvotes
Markham
Any dry cleaners in the Markham area? I can't travel all the way uptown or downtown for a dry cleaner.
Dec 20, 2010
194 posts
8 upvotes
You don't need to dry clean a down jacket. You can out it in the washing machine like any other garment, except you ned to
remove the fur trim first. Call Canada Goose. Ask any manufacturer of down apparel.

Do you dry clean your down duvets ? No.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5249 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
uweschiffke wrote:
Apr 15th, 2011 4:35 pm
You don't need to dry clean a down jacket. You can out it in the washing machine like any other garment, except you ned to
remove the fur trim first. Call Canada Goose. Ask any manufacturer of down apparel.

Do you dry clean your down duvets ? No.

you can't remove the fur trim on all models so it'll get ruined in the machine. The wash instructions also specify that the jacket needs to be dry cleaned to avoid messing up the teflon coating and machine washing voids warranty
Jan 9, 2004
790 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
jetlee101 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2010 4:23 pm
Damn, it's far =\. Did anyone have their CG jackets ruined from dry cleaning?

Nope. My jacket was perfect from Careful Hand Laundry, albeit with a bit less fur. I dropped my jacket off at Gibson's in Etobicoke today. I'll report back when I get it.
44 75 6F 6E 67
Microsoft/Apple/VMware certified IT consultant serving the GTA. PM me for info/rates.
eBay
Heatware
[OP]
Sep 9, 2008
187 posts
9 upvotes
Some of my friends said the fur on their chilliwacks shrunk. Makes me scared to go dry clean mine.

Any dry cleaning experts that can help answer why the fur would shrink after dry cleaning?
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5249 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
jetlee101 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2011 12:37 pm
Some of my friends said the fur on their chilliwacks shrunk. Makes me scared to go dry clean mine.

Any dry cleaning experts that can help answer why the fur would shrink after dry cleaning?

I believe its because they cover it it up while they dry clean the rest of the jacket. Mine appeared that way and I just fluffed it back up after I took it back.
Jan 9, 2004
790 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Oops, forgot to update. Gibson's did a good job at half the price of Careful Hand Laundry. I can't find any damage and the fur looks the same. A++
44 75 6F 6E 67
Microsoft/Apple/VMware certified IT consultant serving the GTA. PM me for info/rates.
eBay
Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5504 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough
LeetViet wrote:
May 8th, 2011 5:12 pm
Oops, forgot to update. Gibson's did a good job at half the price of Careful Hand Laundry. I can't find any damage and the fur looks the same. A++

Sounds good, I'm going to bring mine in then for cleaning. :)
Core i5 6500 SL|GB Z170-UD3|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF GTX 1070 8GB SC|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|WD 256GB SSD|Hitachi 500GB|SG 500GB|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|Dell 3007WFP-HC|Logitech G500|Logitech G510
Apr 21, 2009
98 posts
12 upvotes
Well I use my Maytag Washer & Dryer, plus a lil bleach cuz it's a white jacket. Looks brand new after.
(I know the tag said no bleach but I only put very lil) And the funny thing is the jacket is water resistant so I had to put my washer on heavy fast so that it can clean better or else it's pointless. :D
Jun 12, 2006
380 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
susan_2020 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2011 2:34 am
Well I use my Maytag Washer & Dryer, plus a lil bleach cuz it's a white jacket. Looks brand new after.
(I know the tag said no bleach but I only put very lil) And the funny thing is the jacket is water resistant so I had to put my washer on heavy fast so that it can clean better or else it's pointless. :D

wouldnt that mess up the fur? or do you not have a canada goose?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3017 posts
452 upvotes
Markham, ON
susan_2020 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2011 2:34 am

‎............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Mar 9, 2009
144 posts
23 upvotes
The dry cleaner store close to my house (Dufferin/King) charges $26 + tax for a down jacket but im not sure if its good or not. Anyone wanna give it a try?
Apr 21, 2009
98 posts
12 upvotes
s4s wrote:
Nov 4th, 2011 11:18 am
wouldnt that mess up the fur? or do you not have a canada goose?

Well I have a Canada goose woman fur vest which u can detach the hood. *Google it*