• May 14th, 2019 10:48 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2910 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
LeetViet wrote:
May 8th, 2011 5:12 pm
Oops, forgot to update. Gibson's did a good job at half the price of Careful Hand Laundry. I can't find any damage and the fur looks the same. A++

Was not very impressed. Took my down vest which is made out of 60/40 cotton / nylon shell. First off when they gave me back the vest, the down had shifted so much. My vest was not fluffly anymore. Read online its b/c it wasn't dry enough - so the down clumps up. On top of that the outer shell material looks like there is little hairs like its pilling - instead of it being smooth They blamed the manufacture on the item saying they did construct it well and the pill/hair was from wear and tear. They pretty much eff up my vest. I left it with them to get fluffy it up some more but they said they can't do anything with the outer shell. When I go pick it up next week I'm going to give them a earful. Going to ask for my money back. Going to propbably have to send it back to the manufacture in the states to see if they can fix it. So pissed. You think they check out the vest before to see if the down has shifted. Poor quality control.
Jan 9, 2004
805 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Irbe wrote:
Nov 18th, 2011 9:46 am
Was not very impressed. Took my down vest which is made out of 60/40 cotton / nylon shell. First off when they gave me back the vest, the down had shifted so much. My vest was not fluffly anymore. Read online its b/c it wasn't dry enough - so the down clumps up. On top of that the outer shell material looks like there is little hairs like its pilling - instead of it being smooth They blamed the manufacture on the item saying they did construct it well and the pill/hair was from wear and tear. They pretty much eff up my vest. I left it with them to get fluffy it up some more but they said they can't do anything with the outer shell. When I go pick it up next week I'm going to give them a earful. Going to ask for my money back. Going to propbably have to send it back to the manufacture in the states to see if they can fix it. So pissed. You think they check out the vest before to see if the down has shifted. Poor quality control.

Is this a Canada Goose vest? If so, why are you sending it back to the states?

It's unfortunate you had a bad experience with Gibson's. I referred my friend and her Canada Goose came out fine. I've had coworkers who also had a good experience with Gibson's.
44 75 6F 6E 67
Microsoft/Apple/VMware certified IT consultant serving the GTA. PM me for info/rates.
eBay
Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2910 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
LeetViet wrote:
Nov 21st, 2011 12:26 am
Is this a Canada Goose vest? If so, why are you sending it back to the states?

It's unfortunate you had a bad experience with Gibson's. I referred my friend and her Canada Goose came out fine. I've had coworkers who also had a good experience with Gibson's.

Nope its a Crescent Down Works vest. Made in seattle. They have been in business for the last 35 years, and I doubt its the product that basically fell apart. I just don't understand how they can give me back a vest where the down as shifted so much. You think they do some sort of QA
Oct 4, 2007
20 posts
toronto
I bring all my expensive stuffs including CG and Descente ski clothes to a shop called Town Gate in Oakville on Ford Dr.

It's a bit of a drive for me and they are expensive but I like the fact that the owner is hands on and they limit the number of clothes they clean every day to stay on top of things. Beside, the owner himself rocks very sharp looking CG and Burberrys all time time, so he must know how to care for them. Lol
May 10, 2005
283 posts
15 upvotes
Any new updates on locations for a good Canada Goose jacket dry cleaners in Toronto/North York/Markham area?
Aug 30, 2008
851 posts
123 upvotes
ON
Interested in knowing some good places to clean as well.

From doing some research some folks bring their jackets to "green" cleaners... not sure if this is necessarily better?

Also, I wonder if asking for a quote to clean a down jacket would be cheaper than to ask for a quote on a CG jacket hahaha.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1492 posts
335 upvotes
Toronto
stardustcross wrote:
Sep 20th, 2012 8:44 pm
Also, I wonder if asking for a quote to clean a down jacket would be cheaper than to ask for a quote on a CG jacket hahaha.
Depends if it has fur
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Jul 9, 2012
1 posts
I bought my Expedition from Taglins Int'l here in Montreal and they told me that Miss Browns is the most reputable place, based on customers that bought from them. I called them and they said they'll charge about $30. I also called Nettoyeur Daoust and they know about Canada Goose (not sure if they know how to clean it). They charge about $26+tx .

Before I called those places, I went to Atmosphere and the associates told me to put saran wrap over my fur ruff and then put alluminum foil over it and cup it but not to crush it. It's to protect the furm for those fur that cannot be removed.
Aug 30, 2008
851 posts
123 upvotes
ON
Oh good point. Was planning on detaching the fur... Should probably mention that next time I ask places.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
If you can remove the fur trim from the hood, or at least the hood from the jacket, do so before submitting it to the drycleaner.
Aug 30, 2008
118 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
best drycleaner in Toronto for down jackets?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
3094 posts
7 upvotes
Anyone experience bridle trail cleaners for their CG in unionville/markham?
Items For Sale:
BST Feedback: 17
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1991 posts
171 upvotes
I've taken my white Kensington 3 times to Loblaws (once to Hoggs Hollow location and twice to Bayview Village). They charge an arm and a leg for it because it's long. Was like $60 after tax :(
Aug 30, 2008
118 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
girlstar wrote:
Jan 8th, 2013 8:49 pm
I've taken my white Kensington 3 times to Loblaws (once to Hoggs Hollow location and twice to Bayview Village). They charge an arm and a leg for it because it's long. Was like $60 after tax :(
How was it?