$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1991 posts
171 upvotes
leaftors wrote:
Jan 9th, 2013 11:16 pm
How was it?

Comes back clean every time. It gets kind of blackened with dirt under the wrists and front. Just annoyed by hefty price.
Dec 20, 2006
934 posts
147 upvotes
Anyone know a good place in Brampton/sauga for dry cleaning CGs?
Phantek Enthoo Luxe | Asrock Z87 Killer | Intel i7-4770K | Swiftech H240X | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Club3D 290 RoyalKing 4GB | BenQ XL2411Z |

XBL | PSN | League | Steam : xehpwn - feel free to add me.
Apr 4, 2009
13 posts
1 upvote
Went to pick up my WHITE nobis cartel from Careful Cleaners today on Avenue Road.

Fur clumped up like crazy and it was not puffy at all. I counted at least 6 fist-sized down-balls and everywhere else there was barely down. This includes the front, back and sleeves.
Though they did an amazing job with the actual cleaning, (it is a very vibrant white, looks brand new). The guy i was dealing with me was very shocked with the results with the down and seemed very helpful in trying to remedy the situation. He said he'll send it back and to come back next week. Made it sound like he was going to give me a discount as well for the trouble.

I'll post an update next week when i get it back.

Careful cleaners is definitely on the expensive side, but I was using this when giving him an earful "I drove all the way from markham and paid the premium because i was expecting a quality job, not for my $800 jacket to be ruined"

Cost was $46 (heavy down jacket) + $6 (removable hood). Definitely on the expensive side
Apr 15, 2013
1 posts
SCARBOROUGH
ttthai wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 7:05 pm
Try creeds. http://www.creeds.com/

A good cleaner will remove the fur trim, and resew it back on after cleaning.
reviving an old thread....any other cleaners recommendations?
I just got off the phone with Creeds.... Base price for a Canada Goose Jacket is $185!!!!
Nov 8, 2014
1 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
I just got mine cleaned for $38.00 a tAnna Cleaners at 1033 Bay street.
Looks like new now.
Happy that I did.. just waiting for freezing temperature now.. LOL
Nov 15, 2014
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Did you keep the fur on yours when you washed it at Anna Cleaners? May I ask what jacket you have?

Oct 30, 2013
291 posts
34 upvotes
GTA
The dry cleaners at York University charge $49.95 and my friends tell me the results are good other than a little chemical smell that comes from their jacket for a bit.

I think I might just spend $15 more and give my down jacket to Hollerandizing, apparently the $65 cost includes pick-up/drop-off even to Sauga, insurance of the jacket should things go bad, and dry-cleaning itself, word is that they specialize in fur so might as well give it to them.

Still thinking, any reviews from Hollerandizing?

They were recommended by Sporting Life, or probably they pay Sporting Life and Harry Rosen to advertise for them.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1459 posts
724 upvotes
GTA
Bumping up....

Can anyone recommend a dry cleaners in Markham for the same reasons as in this thread?
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Dec 28, 2010
426 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Does anybody know a good place in Mississauga area ?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1172 posts
231 upvotes
Montreal
Just a tip to all you canada goose moose knuckles type of coat owners.... if u want the fluffyness bulkyness back ... put it in the dryer machine at AIR only. With a few tennis balls.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1805 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
GreyMatter22 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2014 12:05 pm
The dry cleaners at York University charge $49.95 and my friends tell me the results are good other than a little chemical smell that comes from their jacket for a bit.

I think I might just spend $15 more and give my down jacket to Hollerandizing, apparently the $65 cost includes pick-up/drop-off even to Sauga, insurance of the jacket should things go bad, and dry-cleaning itself, word is that they specialize in fur so might as well give it to them.

Still thinking, any reviews from Hollerandizing?

They were recommended by Sporting Life, or probably they pay Sporting Life and Harry Rosen to advertise for them.
Ha! Basically... no store gets that much advertising unless someone is pocketing a cut. I heard mixed reviews for Hollerandizing... chek the google. I recall seeing a bunch of reviews. Some loved them others hated them. Forget which site. Then again, unless you really muck up the jacket, you shud only dry clean maybe once every 2yrs or so...
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1805 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
sunshineheartbeat wrote:
Nov 16th, 2014 6:15 pm
Did you keep the fur on yours when you washed it at Anna Cleaners? May I ask what jacket you have?

That's why the Expedition sucks as the fur collar cannot be removed. But I believe the Polar Bear version does come off but costs like a $100 bux more.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1805 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
ttthai wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 7:05 pm
Try creeds. http://www.creeds.com/

A good cleaner will remove the fur trim, and resew it back on after cleaning.
Nuts! Lolz. Just get a CG jacket that has removable fur collar (simply unzip) before dry cleaning...