• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 1:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1308 posts
80 upvotes

Dry Herb Vaporizers from AliExpress - Post your experiences

I'm currently looking at the rock-bottom priced, but seemingly highly-rated following vapes, to replace my misplaced MFLB Crying Face Sleepy FaceLoudly Crying FaceWeary Face

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3289500 ... ce6a9b5b70

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284536 ... ce6a9b5b70
[Call To Action] ✈ New air travel rules: Canadians are in for a rude awakening🍁

Thank You RFD Community! 🤘
2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
19 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11198 posts
2056 upvotes
wait for arizer to have another bogo sale
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41300 posts
5030 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
My friend has one. I used it and it works.
Thats it. It was the cheapest model on ebay i believe...
But this review is just to give you an idea of what cheap vapes are like.
Fit and finish feels rough. It feels cheap. But it does work and is still working after a few years.

On the other hand... i own a Pax 2. Top of the line @ the time. Finish is great. Works amazing. Smooth and tasty. It even looks good, its very classy... thats what i bring to weddings or special events so i can medicate while matching my attire/setting. Great for keeping a small foot print and low profile.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6721 posts
1049 upvotes
Toronto
Get something made of metal. The plastic that is used on those low end vapes is ABS which can not hold up to the high temperatures, there are other issues build issues with those types of vapes but the plastic issue is the biggest outstanding one.

I have had about 3 cheap vapes, the first two were $20 vapes made of plastic and died after a short period of time, the last one was a "black mamba" (the snake name) which is made out of metal but the end where you suck in the vapor was designed by a retard.

My primary vape is a arizer volcano, or something like that, I use my cheap black mamba vape when my primary vape needs to be cleaned.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1308 posts
80 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:10 pm
Fit and finish feels rough. It feels cheap. But it does work and is still working after a few years.

On the other hand... i own a Pax 2. Top of the line @ the time. Finish is great. Works amazing. Smooth and tasty. It even looks good, its very classy... thats what i bring to weddings or special events so i can medicate while matching my attire/setting. Great for keeping a small foot print and low profile.
I cancelled my order of the AliExpress long narrow V2 one ... found out it's a rebrand of a 2012-2013 vape that had bad reviews ... gonna hunt for another MFLB
toalan wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:19 pm
Get something made of metal. The plastic that is used on those low end vapes is ABS which can not hold up to the high temperatures, there are other issues build issues with those types of vapes but the plastic issue is the biggest outstanding one.

I have had about 3 cheap vapes, the first two were $20 vapes made of plastic and died after a short period of time, the last one was a "black mamba" (the snake name) which is made out of metal but the end where you suck in the vapor was designed by a retard.

My primary vape is a arizer volcano, or something like that, I use my cheap black mamba vape when my primary vape needs to be cleaned.
Unfortch I need something stelathy and discrete and good for travel ... not a tabletop giant hehe
sexyj wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 9:46 am
wait for arizer to have another bogo sale
Any idea when those come around?

2019: 📶Umidigi A5 Pro, 📱PayTM, 🏧HSBC, 💸Coast Capital, 🚗Turo, 💳Stack Financial, 🍽SkipTheDishes, 🍷LCBO, ✈RBC WestJet
Jan 2, 2018
409 posts
344 upvotes
Why would you risk your health like that? I get being low on cash but that small amount of savings is not worth it imo. Dynavaps are relatively cheap and will last you a lifetime. The efficiency of a dynavap over a cheap aliexpress alone will make up for the cost in bud.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7095 posts
3367 upvotes
Toronto
the whole point of vaping is that it's healthier than smoking so it's an area I wouldn't even consider using cheap no name Chinese electronics. Who knows how the air path is designed and I wouldn't be surprised if you end up smoking some circuit board fumes. I'd honestly rather roll and smoke joints again than trust some obscure cheap vape. Quality vapes cost a lot for a reason
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3893 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
grilw wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:16 pm
Dynavap requires carrying and using a butane torch and then touching a scalding hot piece of metal each time how's that good design?
I have 4 of them, never have I burnt myself.
You say get high, I say hello!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1308 posts
80 upvotes
edgedamage wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:33 pm
I have 4 of them, never have I burnt myself.
Still how is it good product design that's worthy of a premium price tag when you need to purchase an entirely separate device ( that is not cheap , and requires frequent refills ) , and then you're heating up a tube looking device more akin to a crack pipe , then you have a very hot tube to have to lug around (you better not put it in your pocket and keep on walking)

I much prefer the minimalism and stealth of a battery operated device such as the MFLB , or just make my own own candle/lighter powered contraption using a mason jar / light bulb for less than 10 bucks , just as a weekend project for infrequent use , you know?

Even when I charged its batteries in its original charger , it was all as plain as vanilla ice cream , people around me were none the wiser as to what I used those batteries for , even better than a microUSB-jack type of device

Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11198 posts
2056 upvotes
last one i think it was april, so it'll probably come soon.

i bet a sale for canada day
grilw wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 11:02 pm
Any idea when those come around?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Apr 15, 2014
724 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jun 10th, 2019 3:10 pm

I bet you look like James Bond at those weddings with that stylish vape. LOL.
Please respond
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1308 posts
80 upvotes
CardinalComb wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 8:05 am
I bet you look like James Bond at those weddings with that stylish vape. LOL.
blows 2 smoke rings like 0 ... 0 ... 7! License to vape

Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3893 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
grilw wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 11:34 pm
Still how is it good product design that's worthy of a premium price tag when you need to purchase an entirely separate device ( that is not cheap , and requires frequent refills ) , and then you're heating up a tube looking device more akin to a crack pipe , then you have a very hot tube to have to lug around (you better not put it in your pocket and keep on walking)

I much prefer the minimalism and stealth of a battery operated device such as the MFLB , or just make my own own candle/lighter powered contraption using a mason jar / light bulb for less than 10 bucks , just as a weekend project for infrequent use , you know?

Even when I charged its batteries in its original charger , it was all as plain as vanilla ice cream , people around me were none the wiser as to what I used those batteries for , even better than a microUSB-jack type of device
Trust me I have used cheap vapes also, and I can tell you a vapcap put in it's holder still hot is cooler than my black mamba. As for the black mamba it works but the glass lined mouth piece is a pain in the arse. Small cheap and made with parts that don't offgas gross plastic ordors, cannot be had for under $80.
You say get high, I say hello!
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11632 posts
3011 upvotes
GTA
I think it's ok to order a cheapo vape to test drive the whole vape thing. If you like it, then you'll more than likely get a better unit. If vaping is not for you, then you're out $20.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)