• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2019 1:39 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 11, 2018
38 posts
3 upvotes

Dryer Stacking

Has anyone here availed of a dryer and got it stacked?
Wondering if there is additional cost associated with the stacking or if there are extra expenses involved?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2476 posts
718 upvotes
Windsor
kaddu747 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2019 6:33 am
Wondering if there is additional cost associated with the stacking or if there are extra expenses involved?
Just stacked my washer/dryer combo this weekend (Whirlpool duet); cost $14 for the stacking kit (some rubber strips, and metal brackets), and I didn't need any additional dryer hose, or a different gasline, so that was all the costs for me.

You'll almost definitely need 2 people to stack them; dryers are pretty light, but probably not light enough for you to hoist up that high solo. Also, the dryer controls are now not as easily visible for my GF from the ground (she is ~5'2" tall, and the controls sort-of face upwards), so I have put a stool that permanently stays near the dryer now.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
12258 posts
12128 upvotes
Oakville
kaddu747 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2019 6:33 am
Usually the stacking kits cost between $20-80.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3812 posts
550 upvotes
Waterloo
kaddu747 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2019 12:30 pm
Thanks everyone
We've always have had them stacked ( about 15 years ) and when we got a replacement we also had that stacked. We will be renovating that area soon, after the reno they will not be stacked instead a shelf would be put on the space above to make that area usable for folding etc.
----
Pay it forward.