• Dec 6th, 2008 1:42 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 19, 2006
218 posts
12 upvotes

Which DS Lite Modchip to get?

Hey guys. It's been about 2 years since i bought a modchip for my ds lite and i've decided to upgrade. I just want to know which 1-slot solution is:

1)easiest to use
2)can hold at least 2-4gig microsd card
3)software/loading games easy to do
4)can play movies/mp3 and possibly go online

Can you also suggest a good location to buy one (pac mall?) and, if possible, how to tell if that modchip is a clone/fake (do they still do fakes?)

basically: what modchip do most ppl use and i'll end up getting that

thanks
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2007
1281 posts
50 upvotes
Scarborough
If you're not on a budget, I'd recommend CycloDS in a heartbeat.

Does everything you're looking for and more.

Search the BST forum, there are some dealers that sell them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5476 posts
119 upvotes
Scarborough
heimdal wrote:
Nov 15th, 2008 5:50 am
if you're not on a budget, i'd recommend cyclods in a heartbeat.

Does everything you're looking for and more.

Search the bst forum, there are some dealers that sell them.
+1
Core i5 6500 SL|GB Z170-UD3|2x8Gb DDR4-3000|eVGA GF GTX 1070 8GB SC|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|WD 256GB SSD|Hitachi 500GB|SG 500GB|SS 1TB|SoundBlaster Z|Logitech Z-5500|Dell 3007WFP-HC|Logitech G500|Logitech G510
Sep 14, 2007
98 posts
Mississauga
Yeah, cycloDS is the best right now for the DS lite. I am using the outdated R4DS which is fine for me still (yea, doesn't update as much but my games is still runing fine). But renember, the newer DSi won't work with any flashcart that is out of the market........for now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
Thanks for the info!! I can make these stocking stuffers for the girls!
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2002
4151 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
we should have more cycloDS in by wednesday :)
though we do have DSTT in stock still :)
Nov 21, 2007
7 posts
I'm confused...

"Santa" just picked up yesterday a Nintendo DS Lite for the kids (Walmart), haven't opened it and I don't know anything about Slot 1, etc...

Will the CycloDS work with this?

I understand that the CycloDS will not work with the Nintendo DSi, but that isn't to be released in North America until early 2009. I just want to clarify that the CycloDS will work with a newly purchased Nintend DS Lite. If not, it's going back.

Thx
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1395 posts
Hey guys. It's been about 2 years since i bought a modchip for my ds lite and i've decided to upgrade. I just want to know which 1-slot solution is:

1)easiest to use
2)can hold at least 2-4gig microsd card
3)software/loading games easy to do
4)can play movies/mp3 and possibly go online

Can you also suggest a good location to buy one (pac mall?) and, if possible, how to tell if that modchip is a clone/fake (do they still do fakes?)

basically: what modchip do most ppl use and i'll end up getting that

thanks
I'm confused...

"Santa" just picked up yesterday a Nintendo DS Lite for the kids (Walmart), haven't opened it and I don't know anything about Slot 1, etc...

Will the CycloDS work with this?

I understand that the CycloDS will not work with the Nintendo DSi, but that isn't to be released in North America until early 2009. I just want to clarify that the CycloDS will work with a newly purchased Nintend DS Lite. If not, it's going back.

Thx
Slot 1 is the slot located at the top of your Nintendo DS, where you normally put your "original" DS games into. Most flash cards nowadays are slot 1, including R4DS, DSTT, CycloDS, AceKard2 etc.

Although CycloDS is no doubt the best and high-ended card in the NDS flash card market now. However, I do not feel that it is necessary for MOST users due to its high price and extra features (do you really use extra features? slow motion, real time saving etc). If you are looking for a card that simply allows you to play games, movies, music, ebooks, images etc, a DSTT or AceKard2 will do the job flawlessly. They both support SDHC, allowing you to go up to 16GB capacity, user-friendly interface (menu), able to load games simply with a few clicks (copy & paste / drag & drop) and most of all, they are only 1/3 of what the CycloDS cost.

As an authorized reseller for all NDS flash cards, I would recommend both AceKard2 and CycloDS (if you want to go for the high-end) for your case. And yes, both AceKard2 and CycloDS will work for your newly purchased Nintendo DS Lite

Hope that helps :D
Jun 30, 2008
510 posts
20 upvotes
Hvae any of you guys use theses mod chips for the ds lite

R4 DS Revolution flash card (my choice by reading)

EDGE DS flash card

M3 DS Real flash card with Rumble Pack

If so would you recommended them?

How easy is it to use them?

Are they reliable?

thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1395 posts
Nero25 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2008 8:40 pm
Hvae any of you guys use theses mod chips for the ds lite

R4 DS Revolution flash card (my choice by reading)

EDGE DS flash card

M3 DS Real flash card with Rumble Pack

If so would you recommended them?

How easy is it to use them?

Are they reliable?

thanks in advance

EDGE = Clone of the CycloDS, in that case, why not get CycloDS instead?

M3 DS Real = Was one of the best and first card for SDHC support. However, due to its slow interface and poor game compatibility rate. I wouldnt take this into consideration.

R4DS = A popular and solid card. Only downside is the lack of SDHC support, which limits up to 2GB maximum capacity (but this already allows you to store 50 games at once on average). Another concern is that you cannot expect any further firmware updates from the "original" R4DS. You can only depend on third party firmware updates such as the YSmenu etc.

As an authorized reseller, I do recommend the R4DS out of the three given.
Jun 30, 2008
510 posts
20 upvotes
lazychild wrote:
Nov 30th, 2008 2:52 am
EDGE = Clone of the CycloDS, in that case, why not get CycloDS instead?

M3 DS Real = Was one of the best and first card for SDHC support. However, due to its slow interface and poor game compatibility rate. I wouldnt take this into consideration.

R4DS = A popular and solid card. Only downside is the lack of SDHC support, which limits up to 2GB maximum capacity (but this already allows you to store 50 games at once on average). Another concern is that you cannot expect any further firmware updates from the "original" R4DS. You can only depend on third party firmware updates such as the YSmenu etc.

As an authorized reseller, I do recommend the R4DS out of the three given.
do new games coming out work with r4ds? i been hearing that future games wont work with the r4ds.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1395 posts
Nero25 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2008 5:56 pm
do new games coming out work with r4ds? i been hearing that future games wont work with the r4ds.
As I mentioned above, you will have to depend on third party firmware / patches for updates.

Why not consider the AceKard2?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7327 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
I have an Edge and haven't had any problems yet. I think the only thing missing from the Edge compared to CycloDS, is the realtime save feature.
× < >