Jan 18, 2016
149 posts
74 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

DUCA Credit Union - No Fee Chequing Account + $50 Bonus + $50 Charity

Deal Link:
Retailer:
DUCA
This is a No Fee Chequing. And there's NO monthly fee and NO minimum balance!

All our No Fee Chequing bundles include:

Unlimited deposits & withdrawals
Unlimited cheques and EFTs
Unlimited withdrawals when using DUCA and THE EXCHANGE® Network ATMs
Unlimited bill payments
Unlimited Interac® point-of-sale transactions

Not only do they offer you a No-Fee chequing account, they'll actually give you and your charity some money! Join In Program to get a $50 bonus for you and $50 for the local charity of your choice! Call us at 1-866-900-3822 or click "Apply Online" in their website.

Terms and Conditions for Join In Program:

All funds directed to charities will be reconciled on December 31st, and paid out in January. Members WILL NOT receive a charitable tax receipt.

For a charity to be considered it must be registered in Canada and must provide their charitable organization number. Charities that fall under any of the categories listed below will not be considered: Political party groups, Groups or charities that are inconsistent with generally held Canadian values and laws, Programs that benefit individuals as opposed to groups, Partisan organizations with exclusionary activities or ideals, Programs that expose DUCA to legal issues.

The referred Member must be at least 16 years of age, purchase the required Membership Share for $1.00 and open a chequing account. Within 90 days thereafter, the new Member will automatically receive a $50 credit by direct deposit to a specified DUCA account. The referring Member must have an active DUCA account. Within 90 days thereafter, the referring Member will receive $20 credit by direct deposit to a savings account.

DUCA reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1423 posts
312 upvotes
Thanks OP. With a referral, do we get 50$ + 20$ or 50$ only?
Wins
2015: 69.99$
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
149 posts
74 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I believe $20 goes to the person who refers. So if you open new a/c and refer then yes.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9341 posts
581 upvotes
Sounds like they might actually be a decent financial institution to deal with considering how good those terms are.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
3003 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
$50 is not enough. I would be in if it was $200 or even $100.
signature removed for rule violation. no referrals allowed.
[OP]
Jan 18, 2016
149 posts
74 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
ar2020 wrote:
May 5th, 2017 9:19 am
$50 is not enough. I would be in if it was $200 or even $100.
Yes there is TD, CIBC, RBC offering that but does not comes free and you pay what you get. Tangerine is the best option out there but it also does not have every service mentioned above free and also its ATM is limited to Scotia.
Sep 4, 2007
806 posts
188 upvotes
Edmonton
Does opening this account result in a hard credit check?
Dec 25, 2013
316 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
frozenmelon wrote:
May 5th, 2017 2:10 pm
Does opening this account result in a hard credit check?
I think Yes it would.. I believe all online account setup do..
Dec 25, 2013
316 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
I'm tempted.. maybe I'll do it in a month or two if it's still up, just applied for A Gold Amex and am churning that sucker and I see there is a free $100 for signing up for a free Scotia Momentum Visa
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3882 posts
450 upvotes
Tried to sign up but I don't have any cheques and they want me to send one. The reason I'm signing up is for the free cheques.
Dec 25, 2013
316 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Kherani wrote:
May 5th, 2017 11:38 pm
Tried to sign up but I don't have any cheques and they want me to send one. The reason I'm signing up is for the free cheques.
Don't you have an account with Tangerine? If not, they give you a $50 bonus plus your first book of cheques are free..

I thought everyone on here had an account with Tangerine
Apr 14, 2017
34 posts
17 upvotes
Ychanceit wrote:
May 6th, 2017 1:20 am
Don't you have an account with Tangerine? If not, they give you a $50 bonus plus your first book of cheques are free..

I thought everyone on here had an account with Tangerine
With PC financial you get subsequent cheques for free as well IIRC.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2813 posts
41 upvotes
Home
Keep in mind there is a $5.00 yearly membership fee so, it not FREE like PC or Tangerine.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6680 posts
279 upvotes
York
Doesn't mention how long you have to keep the account open for
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel