Expired Hot Deals

[DUCA] HISA (ON ONLY) ~3% until 2020/01/31 No Referrals in Thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 9:54 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2044 posts
416 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote: what's the best / easiest way of transferring money from this Saving Parked account to EQ (to maximize earning interests during the transfer days)?

Can I create a link from EQ Portal directly to Duca Parked account and pull from EQ portal? (do I get charged any fees from Duca for doing this?)
Pretty sure I was charged a fee when i pulled directly from the EMSA, but that it's free from the savings account. Didn't try to link into the EMPA.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1229 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
ssiu wrote: ditto here. Got email and haven't called yet, wondering if they will offer extension.

EDIT: looks like their current promotion is 2.5% for new balance https://earnmore.duca.com/ I am guessing the most they will offer if we call in is also 2.5% for the current balance. Probably will try LBC Digital at 3.3% (may change any time) if no hassle opening account http://forums.redflagdeals.com/lbc-digi ... 3-2330033/
I called them about their email "Don't Miss Out on Our Special Offers" and they pushed for their share offer and 5 years GIC, I am not interested, she said their promotional offer (2.5%) is for new money ans cannot be applied to my existing balance, so I will be moving my balance to another bank at the end of the month.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1229 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
drunkgoat wrote: Pretty sure I was charged a fee when i pulled directly from the EMSA, but that it's free from the savings account. Didn't try to link into the EMPA.
could you please let's know how much they charged you for pulling directly from your saving account?
Sr. Member
Feb 10, 2018
563 posts
295 upvotes
Can you close DUCA accounts over the phone or do you have to go in?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2044 posts
416 upvotes
sorry this was quite a while ago, I believe it was $2-4
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7130 posts
388 upvotes
York
Transferring $50,000 out of DUCA is the max per day to your linked account. Once all the cash is transferred out, will go to DUCA branch and close it, foregoing my $75 share.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2015
1172 posts
572 upvotes
dankup wrote: Transferring $50,000 out of DUCA is the max per day to your linked account. Once all the cash is transferred out, will go to DUCA branch and close it, foregoing my $75 share.
Pull from your other account, EQ has max of 100k per pull
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Newbie
Jun 14, 2011
83 posts
138 upvotes
SignedA wrote: Pull from your other account, EQ has max of 100k per pull
What's the quicker duration between the 2 if one wanted to transfer 100k?

For example:
  1. Day 1: Push 50K from DUCA to EQ. Day 2: Push 50k from DUCA to EQ
  2. Day 1: Push 50k from DUCA to EQ. Pull 50k to EQ from DUCA
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2015
1172 posts
572 upvotes
FunkMasterPhil wrote: What's the quicker duration between the 2 if one wanted to transfer 100k?

For example:
  1. Day 1: Push 50K from DUCA to EQ. Day 2: Push 50k from DUCA to EQ
  2. Day 1: Push 50k from DUCA to EQ. Pull 50k to EQ from DUCA
No idea, why don’t you do option 2 and let us know?
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1229 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
I just logged in to my account and it seems they transferred my money from the "parked account" to "save more account" without letting me know and the parked account is no longer there!

I had initiated a pull from EQ side on Jan 31 to transfer my money from parked saving account to EQ which hasn't been cleared yet. hopefully Duca doesn't stop that EFT transfer pull since the parked account is no longer there, otherwise I will be hit for NSF by EQ :(
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2015
1172 posts
572 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote: I just logged in to my account and it seems they transferred my money from the "parked account" to "save more account" without letting me know and the parked account is no longer there!

I had initiated a pull from EQ side on Jan 31 to transfer my money from parked saving account to EQ which hasn't been cleared yet. hopefully Duca doesn't stop that EFT transfer pull since the parked account is no longer there, otherwise I will be hit for NSF by EQ :(
I would try to stop it bc that account doesn’t exist anymore. There’s no where to pull from for EQ. This is why I waited until feb 1 to pull.

DUCA straight up tells you the promo park account disappears after the promo. You’re probably gonna have to take the NSF hit.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1229 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
SignedA wrote: I would try to stop it bc that account doesn’t exist anymore. There’s no where to pull from for EQ. This is why I waited until feb 1 to pull.

DUCA straight up tells you the promo park account disappears after the promo. You’re probably gonna have to take the NSF hit.
I called EQ today, it's too late to stop the EFT, but luckily EQ does NOT charge any NSF if the transfer doesn't go through. another good thing about EQ Bank. they are one of my favorite banks out there :)


EDIT: Duca processed the EFT Transfer today even though they had removed my parked account and transferred the balance to Save More account. so the transfer was completed :)
Last edited by bingo_jake on Feb 3rd, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2015
1172 posts
572 upvotes
bingo_jake wrote: I called EQ today, it's too late to stop the EFT, but luckily EQ does NOT charge any NSF if the transfer doesn't go through. another good thing about EQ Bank. they are one of my favorite banks out there :)
That’s good news!! :)
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone

Thumbs up if this post helped you 👍🏻☺️
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1198 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
bingo_jake wrote: I called them about their email "Don't Miss Out on Our Special Offers" and they pushed for their share offer and 5 years GIC, I am not interested, she said their promotional offer (2.5%) is for new money ans cannot be applied to my existing balance, so I will be moving my balance to another bank at the end of the month.
In case some did not see the new/main threads,

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/duca-duc ... s-2352677/
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/official ... d-2184548/

the new promo is now also 3% (till May 30), and even though it is officially for "new money" only, many (including myself) are reporting success getting the existing funds (from the just-expired promo) move into new promo account. Just call in and ask.

I like that they are responsive to current market/competition. (Unlike e.g. Tangerine) Even though 3% is less than 3.3%, with some of the mess I read about LBC, I may stick with DUCA for now.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Newbie
Nov 26, 2018
19 posts
5 upvotes
ssiu wrote: In case some did not see the new/main threads,

duca-duca-financial-ontario-credit-unio ... s-2352677/
official-duca-credit-union-thread-2184548/

the new promo is now also 3% (till May 30), and even though it is officially for "new money" only, many (including myself) are reporting success getting the existing funds (from the just-expired promo) move into new promo account. Just call in and ask.

I like that they are responsive to current market/competition. (Unlike e.g. Tangerine) Even though 3% is less than 3.3%, with some of the mess I read about LBC, I may stick with DUCA for now.
The 3.3% interest rate is coming to an end at LBC/B2B (Effective March 1, 2020)

https://www.lbcdigital.ca/en/saving/hig ... gs-account

Top