Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DUCA

HISA (ON ONLY) ~3% until 2020/01/31 No Referrals in Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2020 9:54 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Where do u see your account numbers, routing, and transit so u can add it on tangerine link account?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2559 posts
823 upvotes
I see Duca has taken my $1 deposit, but I have not received any emails or phone calls from them to indicate my account is ready. How long does it take to get the email that I can logon ?
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
sylvestor2002 wrote: I see Duca has taken my $1 deposit, but I have not received any emails or phone calls from them to indicate my account is ready.
I applied on Wednesday. I got my e-mail yesterday that my account was ready.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
for those who wonder if its free for transfer, u can have an unlimied chequing. there are no fees to transfer between tangerine, or other banks when linked together.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
May 22, 2015
294 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Tangerine offered 2.75% for my tfsa till the end of year, compare duca 3% hisa not sure which one should I go, funds currently in RBC 3% will be expired in couple of days, did anyone called tangerine to match?
Last edited by lcwman on Mar 25th, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
lcwman wrote: Tangerine offered 2.75% for my tfsa till the end of year, compare duca 3% hisa not sure which one should I go? Funds currently in RBC 3% will be expired in couple of days, did anyone called tangerine to match?
max tangerine is 2.75, you beter go with duca

I am from quebec and has 2.75% with tangerine and I drove to toronto to open a duca account
- Training 101
May 22, 2015
294 posts
94 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
L4cky wrote: max tangerine is 2.75, you beter go with duca

I am from quebec and has 2.75% with tangerine and I drove to toronto to open a duca account
Wow.. I'm gonna give a push to duca apply later tonight.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
lcwman wrote: Wow.. I'm gonna give a push to duca apply later tonight.
If I were you and if possible, apply in branch might be even better.

And bring some tangerine or other accounts deposit form or voided check, the person can link right away.

You go in, and you exit with everything functional.
- Training 101
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Scavos wrote: what are people's DP for hard or soft pull?
Hard pull.
L4cky wrote: Did u all require an hour with a financial adviser to open a bank account in branch?
@L4cky looks like you found out first-hand.
L4cky wrote: Do u need a chequing account with duca to move money from tangerine or simplii to duca 3%?
No, can link all the savings accounts.
bingo_jake wrote: I used to have a Zenbanx account long time ago (Zenbanx accounts in Canada are offered by DUCA Financial Services Credit Union Ltd.). am I considered a new or existing member?

can someone please confirm the process steps:

1- open a chequeing / normal saving account online at https://nofee.duca.com/ (you need to have a cheque from your other bank to link the account - you can upload the scan of a $1 cheqeue for this process)
2- transfer your money into the above newly created chequeing account by EFT (e-transfer) from other bank pulled from the Duca account; (push from other bank only if you create a link to this account from your other bank account like tangerine)
3- call in or visit branch to transfer the fund to a new promotional saving account (with %3 interest), and you are all done.

and then for transferring funds in and out:
4- you may link your promotional account to your other banks (like Tangerine) and use direct EFT to push into or pull money from this promo saving account.
5- if we use the chequeing account for EFT (push / pull), is there a hold when transferring money in or out?
I think it doesn't matter, since the "new customer" would only matter for the old referral program. It's $1 per new membership, and you can have more than one.
sealll wrote: I was wondering if you can EFT directly (push/pull) into the park savings account (3%) to avoid having to call in if you set an external link to that account right off the go?
You can, usually via micro-deposits (EQ, Tang, Hubert). Else you'd have to create your own PAD form or void cheque to link it at Simplii. You may be able to link it at Meridian via e-statement. Only catch is they remove Park when there's no HISA promo, so it'll be a dead link half the time.
L4cky wrote: max tangerine is 2.75, you beter go with duca

Well done. I hope you got to enjoy other things down in Toronto.

Two tanks of gas for round-trip would set you back ~$75-150 depending on the vehicle and where you tank up, not counting spend on resto, hotel, etc. I'm assuming you have a sizeable balance to transfer to DUCA to justify the trip.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
neelpa wrote: https://nofee.duca.com/
its still working and shows bonus also.
Where do you see the $50 bonus? Can't find anything in ToS.

If this is the same offer as before, one can open the account online but need to transfer money over phone and not online. I believe this is the same here:

"Current DUCA Members, please note that this offer is for deposits new to DUCA and is not available through online or mobile app (Smartphone) transfers from a current DUCA account. Please visit your DUCA branch or call Member Connect at 1.866.900.3822 to take advantage of this offer."
Aug 31, 2014
169 posts
403 upvotes
peli33 wrote: Where do you see the $50 bonus? Can't find anything in ToS.
They deleted the page and redirected it a few days ago.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
peli33 wrote: Where do you see the $50 bonus? Can't find anything in ToS.

If this is the same offer as before, one can open the account online but need to transfer money over phone and not online. I believe this is the same here:

"Current DUCA Members, please note that this offer is for deposits new to DUCA and is not available through online or mobile app (Smartphone) transfers from a current DUCA account. Please visit your DUCA branch or call Member Connect at 1.866.900.3822 to take advantage of this offer."
  1. empty out DUCA (via me to me transfer to external)
  2. transfer funds back to DUCA
  3. send secured message via online banking to transfer funds balance to Park account
  4. earn 3%
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
3590 posts
2953 upvotes
Montreal
miketss wrote: The idea is while he is in a college and doesn't make any money put all earned interest on his income to decrease taxes.
That’s not how taxes work, look up attribution.
Wealthsimple Premium
Dec 8, 2008
434 posts
104 upvotes
unclefester wrote: Yes thanks.

The number she quoted me was 200 thousand per day max. No multiple transactions above or beyond that amount on the same calendar day.

It's an intriquing offer isn't it?

11 days for me to got at Meridian & then I think it's off to Duca for the first time.
yes, 200K per day. 100K increments max
Dec 8, 2008
434 posts
104 upvotes
agit wrote: Yes I’ve open my account online in the last Summer\Fall Promo never been in any branch. you will have to email or mail check for the share

Yes and the signup payout will happen in the first week after the 3 months waiting period “LOL don’t ask why” that what I was told and that what actually happened.

Yes and free for EFT be careful $$$ clear the same day so no double dip Disappointed Face HOWEVER you must EFT or ATM deposit in a the regular saving acc or chequing then call to transfer to 3% HISA and the checking account is also free

All above base on the last promo good ppl to deal with
Yes, careful with trying to double dip. They withdraw the money quick!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
3590 posts
2953 upvotes
Montreal
miketss wrote: Can you please be more specific?
The income is attributed to the taxpayer who provided the capital. If your son and you open a joint account, he contributes $100 and you contribute $9900, then you need to claim 99% of the income, irrespective of whose name is first on the account and who is on the tax receipt.

Random Google link for CRA attribution. https://ca.rbcwealthmanagement.com/docu ... 4884dc789a
Wealthsimple Premium
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
2117 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
S5 wrote: The income is attributed to the taxpayer who provided the capital. If your son and you open a joint account, he contributes $100 and you contribute $9900, then you need to claim 99% of the income, irrespective of whose name is first on the account and who is on the tax receipt.

Random Google link for CRA attribution. https://ca.rbcwealthmanagement.com/docu ... 4884dc789a
But if you gift (not loan) money to an adult son (18 or over), there is no attribution, right? (You have to be able to prove that it is a gift, if audited. e.g. if your son blows the money on a Lamborghini and you have no recourse, that proves it is a gift Face With Tears Of Joy )
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
3590 posts
2953 upvotes
Montreal
ssiu wrote: But if you gift (not loan) money to an adult son (18 or over), there is no attribution, right? (You have to be able to prove that it is a gift, if audited. e.g. if your son blows the money on a Lamborghini and you have no recourse, that proves it is a gift Face With Tears Of Joy )
Sure if money is truly gifted with no regard on funds then there is no attribution. That is very different then the intent in the post I was responding to.
The idea is while he is in a college and doesn't make any money put all earned interest on his income to decrease taxes.
Wealthsimple Premium
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
2117 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
S5 wrote: Sure if money is truly gifted with no regard on funds then there is no attribution. That is very different then the intent in the post I was responding to.
Right. I just mean to point out that "gift money to adult children to invest, without attribution" is a valid financial strategy, it is even mentioned in the PDF you linked. It needs sufficient/high level of trust, and it needs to be done correctly. (e.g. joint account has poor optics and probably not a good idea. Give money for adult son to invest in his individual account could work. etc.) The parent has no legal control once the money is gifted. But there is no rule that prevents the son to gift money to the parent in the future either.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)