• Sep 4th, 2014 10:09 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6945 posts
1686 upvotes
T dot 6
marc_t wrote: What is in it for you, OP? Seriously, what do you care, how does him selling fake affect your life?
Live and let die.
I think the problem is the seller is claiming they are authentic when they are not. If he was up front and said they were fake then it wouldn't be an issue (copyrights aside). But if people are buying these jerseys thinking they are real, only to have them fall apart later, then that's a problem.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Temp. Banned
Feb 28, 2005
3169 posts
1183 upvotes
Montreal
Jaytee wrote: I think the problem is the seller is claiming they are authentic when they are not. If he was up front and said they were fake then it wouldn't be an issue (copyrights aside). But if people are buying these jerseys thinking they are real, only to have them fall apart later, then that's a problem.
agreed
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
4339 posts
1536 upvotes
markham
i saw another guy doing the same...he had a sale...buy a jersey and get 6 first run movies for free..they were without a box just the dvd's...quality was hit and miss..
Dec 14, 2010
111 posts
29 upvotes
OP, how much was he selling these jerseys for? Full price of an original or was it a big discount?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3407 posts
2167 upvotes
GTA
In for one XL.

OP - do you take PayPal?
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
236 upvotes
Markham
Why do people want real authentic jerseys for? I can't see the benefit in it unless you're getting them autographed.
Be Happy
Sep 9, 2006
167 posts
9 upvotes
people have so much time ...
let him earn few bucks .... companies like rebook and nike make enough money from people who only wear branded ...
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2693 posts
236 upvotes
Markham
Jimboski wrote: To not look like a fool of course!
Any grown man who wears something with another mans name on the back already looks like a fool.
Be Happy
Deal Addict
May 16, 2005
2781 posts
176 upvotes
marc_t wrote: What is in it for you, OP? Seriously, what do you care, how does him selling fake affect your life?
Live and let die.
A lot of these 'counterfeit' goods, whether if its jersey's, purses, or dvd's are used to support a whole chain of underground criminal organizations including terrorist groups.
Don't think we should be encouraging these types of activities on our soil.
W5 and other investigative shows have done stories like these before, and the organizations that make and supply the fake goods are linked to lots of terrorist groups.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
12373 posts
6239 upvotes
Toronto
kabza wrote: K there's this guy that has a shop/stall in a well known market spot in my city that's openly selling what he calls "knockoff" jerseys. When I asked if they were authentic he said yes but it was only after I confronted him that he admitted that they were "knockoffs." They are "Reebok" NHL jerseys and look pretty darn real. To me they are counterfeit and I don't buy this whole knockoff non-sense. They have the Reebok trademark right on them so how could he claim "knockoff?"

It came to my attention after I took one of his jerseys to a reputable seller after the crap started falling apart on me. I demanded a refund and got it. I also had my Ipod record the entire conversation where he admits to selling phoneys.

What you guys think about it?
do you not understand what "knock-off" means?

It means fake
Nov 28, 2007
431 posts
145 upvotes
Etobicoke
I get that him telling people they are authentic is a dick move, but I doubt he's 100% a dick.

Hopefully he's selling them for a significant discount from the regular price these jersey's go for. I bought a knock off Jay's jersey as I only go to watch maybe 2-3 games a season so I couldn't justifying spending $100 to get an authentic one that I will most likely get ketchup all over. I knew what I was getting into, so no harm done.