• Oct 17th, 2017 6:01 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 25, 2008
182 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote: No.

Queens quay...liberty village have a lot of buildings under 750 per square foot.
Liberty village you're right next to the gardiner and train tracks though, I think this is a better option especially since they are still revitalising

I'm considering this one too but skipping parking , I don't drive. I know there cons to appreciation on units without it but I would rather just use the money towards a larger unit instead.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4529 posts
4058 upvotes
dcpyke wrote: Liberty village you're right next to the gardiner and train tracks though, I think this is a better option especially since they are still revitalising

I'm considering this one too but skipping parking , I don't drive. I know there cons to appreciation on units without it but I would rather just use the money towards a larger unit instead.
A lot of agents say parking is important, but I have never seen it as a good investment. From all the places I saw, units without parking are actually selling better.

However, I also found that having parking in the building is a good idea if you just want to rent it out. There will always be people looking for it.
Apr 28, 2009
137 posts
27 upvotes
Anyone went to the platinum event today? It was busy!
Jul 5, 2006
359 posts
15 upvotes
We did consider this as well but in end went with Peter and Adelaide. More expensive psf ($900+) but it seems to be a more established location. I’m sure this project has good growth potential though.
Dec 25, 2008
182 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
ouaouaron wrote: Anyone went to the platinum event today? It was busy!
I was there with my Dad - I managed the get one of the earliest appointments so got my first choice. I know office itself was busy with just inner circle but there was also a tent or something for all the agents, they kept being redirected back outside. He couldn't believe it was so crowded just for the option to buy units : )
Jan 21, 2017
988 posts
339 upvotes
dcpyke wrote: I was there with my Dad - I managed the get one of the earliest appointments so got my first choice. I know office itself was busy with just inner circle but there was also a tent or something for all the agents, they kept being redirected back outside. He couldn't believe it was so crowded just for the option to buy units : )
oh really? anyone knows if it is sold out? friend is considering it.
Apr 28, 2009
137 posts
27 upvotes
DPR2017 wrote: oh really? anyone knows if it is sold out? friend is considering it.
Heard from a neighbour they got the last unit last night and the agent sales were fully sold out...

Not sure about Inner Circle sales.
Jan 21, 2017
988 posts
339 upvotes
ouaouaron wrote: Heard from a neighbour they got the last unit last night and the agent sales were fully sold out...

why is this going like hot cakes??????? I did some # crunching. it is like 30% increase from their 2016 condo (and that was only 4% increase from the 2015 release).

how come while house prices are coming down a bit the condo prices are just getting a bit cray cray (imo)??
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
DPR2017 wrote: why is this going like hot cakes??????? I did some # crunching. it is like 30% increase from their 2016 condo (and that was only 4% increase from the 2015 release).

how come while house prices are coming down a bit the condo prices are just getting a bit cray cray (imo)??
Condos are more affordable option. Buying power got clipped by about 20% so someone who could afford 700k house a year ago is now able to afford much less which takes them out of a house search and puts them into the condo market.

I'm not sure I like the design of the building but RP is a good investment. People like to turn their noses but RP is already a success story and people who bought early have done very well. Prices used to be dirt cheap.
Dec 25, 2008
182 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
DPR2017 wrote: oh really? anyone knows if it is sold out? friend is considering it.
ouaouaron wrote: Heard from a neighbour they got the last unit last night and the agent sales were fully sold out...

Inner Circle sale was only last weekend. You may still have luck with some vip agents. I believe if person cancels within the 10 cooling off period agent has a chance to offer it to another of their clients. I know I had a call last time for Wyatt but unit was over my budget.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: Condos are more affordable option. Buying power got clipped by about 20% so someone who could afford 700k house a year ago is now able to afford much less which takes them out of a house search and puts them into the condo market.

I'm not sure I like the design of the building but RP is a good investment. People like to turn their noses but RP is already a success story and people who bought early have done very well. Prices used to be dirt cheap.
What does RP stand for?
Nov 20, 2006
80 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
how does it compare to king west area?it goes 850-900ish psf
which is better investment?
not familiar with RP, but Google map shows the area is newly developed, looks pretty decent
Jun 15, 2017
298 posts
129 upvotes
genjurok wrote: how does it compare to king west area?it goes 850-900ish psf
which is better investment?
not familiar with RP, but Google map shows the area is newly developed, looks pretty decent
King west is better in my opinion
Jan 21, 2017
988 posts
339 upvotes
Dumb question, but you guys think condos will continue to go up? What are the factors contributing to the hyper growth beyond reduction in spending power?

I mean, to get a decent unit, you are looking at $500-600k level now. Which seems very steep lol.
Nov 20, 2006
80 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
DPR2017 wrote: Dumb question, but you guys think condos will continue to go up? What are the factors contributing to the hyper growth beyond reduction in spending power?

I mean, to get a decent unit, you are looking at $500-600k level now. Which seems very steep lol.
I think it's mostly beoz houses are so expensive and out of reach for a lot of people. It makes condos a more affordable option, but over $700k for a 800sf unit plus $550 per month condo fee seems too much for me.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21738 posts
21353 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
genjurok wrote: I think it's mostly beoz houses are so expensive and out of reach for a lot of people. It makes condos a more affordable option, but over $700k for a 800sf unit plus $550 per month condo fee seems too much for me.
I think people are now trying to shack up and buy together. It's becoming more and more difficult for a single person to buy a new condo. The costs are just too high for the average person but decent for the average couple.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
6209 posts
3028 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great project and a good in - right in the city and for significantly lower than anywhere nearby, due to the preconceptions about Regent Park. There have been huge improvements in the neighbourhood in the last five years. It was even featured in the NYTimes as a model for integration and city revitalization. As the city grows, and the classist, racist a-holes who consider SJW to be a bad thing die off or changes their views, the neighbourhood will do even better, and your return will be even better.

If it was a live unit, I'd rather live here than amongst the entitled and douchey frat boys in King West and Liberty Village who leave their empties in their lobbies.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2496 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
milhaus wrote: This is a great project and a good in - right in the city and for significantly lower than anywhere nearby, due to the preconceptions about Regent Park. There have been huge improvements in the neighbourhood in the last five years. It was even featured in the NYTimes as a model for integration and city revitalization. As the city grows, and the classist, racist a-holes who consider SJW to be a bad thing die off or changes their views, the neighbourhood will do even better, and your return will be even better.

If it was a live unit, I'd rather live here than amongst the entitled and douchey frat boys in King West and Liberty Village who leave their empties in their lobbies.
Good luck with your vision, prices there will always (at least in our life) be below the other parts of downtown.
Nov 20, 2006
80 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Went there yesterday around 7pm. It's quite new and still being developed , around dundas and regent park.

Doesn't feel dangerous. Thought it would be sketchy from the reputation. I saw a couple of families walking there. Overall it feels positive.

The resale condos in RP however typically have condo fee $530ish for 700 sf. It seems too much for that size.
Basically I could buy a bigger 800+ sf but a bit older condo at yonge and Finch with similar price, and slightly lower condo fee. And it's a better neighborhood IMO and easier access to 401, but longer commute to DT core.
Rent is similar for two bedroom unit in the two areas, around $2500.