Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Dulux or Glidden Paint Buy One Get One Free

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2015 8:39 pm
26 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1241 posts
620 upvotes
The 6ix
How much do they usually charge for 1 gallon?
Oct 26, 2002
114 posts
29 upvotes
London
I just bought 2 gallons of Dulux Diamond yesterday. $62 a gallon so worked out to $31 each. Never used it before and going in a basement family room.
Nov 11, 2012
140 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
I've bought from Dulux on Portland last time they had the BOGO deal. They were helpful and friendly. They even refunded me on brushes I didn't use.
I'll get another two gallons from them...have to paint the railings before installing the new carpet.
Dec 9, 2001
349 posts
76 upvotes
Oakville (Greater To…
How does this compare to the Sherwin Williams 40% off sale, paint quality and pricing wise?
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
thanks --- very good experience with dulux pint in the past
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by bubble_dl
How is Dulux compare to Behr? Thinking to paint the baby room coming week. Will paint the room and leave it vent for couple days, but wife still worry about DULUX (diamond or lifemaster) will cause health problem to the baby.
Lifemaster is Zero VOC -- http://www.dulux.ca/en/our-products/...ifemaster.html ... That's one of the reasons we chose it for our interior.

sorry i can't post the correct link right now, but search on dulux web site "lifemaster" and it will pop up
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
Better than behr?
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP (and thanked). I picked up two cans of Interior Kitchen & Bath to be tinted later.

I've been trying to do research on interior and exterior house paint on the web. It can be quite confusing given the large number of companies and all the brands they each have. Dulux is a brand of AkzoNobel. They are a worldwide supplier of paints and coatings. Their head office is in Amsterdam. Some of their brands include: Dulux, Sico, Sikkens, Glidden and Cuprinol.

Dulux is sold in the U.K. and Canada but not in the U.S. In the U.S. AkzoNobel have sold brands such as Glidden, The Freshaire Choice, Ralph Lauren and a few others. In December, 2012 AkzoNobel sold their American company to PPG Industries.

Anyway, it seems the Dulux paint we find here in Canada is a premium line of paint at a fairly premium price (higher than the price of the Home Depot, Lowe's or Walmart brands (such as Behr, Olympic, etc) but less than the regular price of Sherwin Williams. Glidden paints seem to get good reviews on Consumers Reports.

Anyway, IMHO Dulux seems like a really good deal when they have it on buy one get one free (basically getting a premium paint at a middle of the road price)....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
What's the cheapest line of paint from Dulux/Glidden that is included in this promo?
Feb 17, 2002
970 posts
40 upvotes
Edmonton
Bought 3 (& 3 free) cans of primer for a basement project.. thanks for the tip!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
boyohboy wrote: What's the cheapest line of paint from Dulux/Glidden that is included in this promo?
This. Anyone have an answer?
Let's hug it out
Oct 28, 2005
363 posts
176 upvotes
Thanks. Just in time for my basement reno.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1162 posts
110 upvotes
Thanks I used Dulux before.. they are good
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1394 posts
783 upvotes
FYI, I called in for some general pricing on interior latex eggshell paints

Kitchen/Bath - $52/gal
Lifemaster (0 VOC) - $57/gal
Diamond - $61/gal

About 10% more than Behr Premium Plus Ultra, which I've used in the past and seems to be good paint. The 2 for 1 sale will save me $300 when repainting the upstairs of the house, so I will probably try this out.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8234 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Glidden Eggshell is $19.97 at Canadian Tire everyday. Too bad this doesn't work there.