24 posts
66 upvotes

[DULUX] *HOT* DULUX PAINTS 50% Off + 3% CAA

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% + 3%
Expiry:
May 7, 2017

Dulux having a BOGO promotion starting April 17th. CAA member also get an additional 3% cashback. Dulux is a very reliable and high quality paint plus Dulux products are manufactured in Canada unlike Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore.
Last edited by OnetoThree on Apr 16th, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
123 replies
Feb 7, 2011
322 posts
50 upvotes
Can anyone suggest good patio wooden deck color/stain? Which one is better oil/acrylic?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10222 posts
1996 upvotes
GTA
For anyone unsure about Dulux, the last time they had this sale, we bought lots of this diamond paint and it really is excellent paint. Most of the time two coats isn't necessary.

They'll also allow you to buy the paint now and colour it at a later date.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 5, 2005
997 posts
81 upvotes
GTA
Anyone know the price for a can of the diamond interior paint?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1015 posts
219 upvotes
Coppertone2005 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 10:38 pm
around $78
May 2, 2006
938 posts
78 upvotes
Good deal thanks OP. Painted much of the house with the lifemaster line and very impressed with it.
Dec 20, 2010
69 posts
9 upvotes
We painted with the Diamond and very pleased, will pick up another couple cans for the one room that is left to do
Sep 24, 2012
23 posts
9 upvotes
Alberta
Coppertone2005 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 10:38 pm
Diamond is quite expensive but if you get to know somone who has a commercial account there, you can buy it at I think $52 per gallon (around 52 cuz not 100% sure) . And without account is $78 which is expensive but in the case with this deal it's really GREAT.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1038 posts
565 upvotes
Laval, QC
Got the same deal last year, would pickup a couple this time
Didn't know they have this 3% cash back for CAA members, thanks for the heads up
Sep 24, 2012
23 posts
9 upvotes
Alberta
sanjuo wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 10:24 pm
Can anyone suggest good patio wooden deck color/stain? Which one is better oil/acrylic?
The technology is changing everyday. I worked as a painter for a quite long time, and know I renovate, meaning I'm not regularly involved in painting, especially not deck staining, BUT based on my experience and that of other painters, one product I would strongly recommend you is Shark Skin from CLOVERDALE. It's a waterbased acrylic solid stain (I'm assuming you want your deck solid coloured) It has 7 years warranty on decks and 25 on sidings. And I can assure you that it has exceptional durability BUT you MUST prime your deck prior to using not only Shark Skin but any stain/paint no matter if the instructions tell you that it's not necessary, especially in bare wood. When using exterior paint or solid stains, don't get fooled by "All in one, Primer and Paint". That might be good for interior on already painted surfaces but when exterior is whole different story.
You won't regret using Shark Skin. It has some unique finish (I don't know but somehow looks like a shark skin and that's maybe a reason for holding this name) and applying is of course easy. Avoid using it in very hot days as it dries very quickly, hence making imperfections on the finish. The only bad thing is that they are limited in choosing colours. You can't choose any color that you want. Shark Skin has it's own catalog of colors and it's limited to some 50 I think.
If you're looking for clear stains, then you can use oil based, but remember that oil stains needs to be applied at most every two years in order to keep in good shape the surface of your deck, since the weather is so harsh in Canada, you don't want to wait until the stain starts to peel before reapplying new coat of stain.
Nov 18, 2015
452 posts
82 upvotes
diamond paint is pricey but wow is it good stuff. very scuff resistant and washable. not to thick like behr paint. great consistancy.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2008
4852 posts
463 upvotes
Mont-Royal
good for commercial? how many layers?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2324 posts
502 upvotes
Lethbridge
Excellent timing, was just out grabbing colour pallets Sat.
[OP]
Apr 16, 2016
24 posts
66 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 10:29 pm
For anyone unsure about Dulux, the last time they had this sale, we bought lots of this diamond paint and it really is excellent paint. Most of the time two coats isn't necessary.

They'll also allow you to buy the paint now and colour it at a later date.
Yep, Dulux diamond paint is fantastic. The paint is more on the expensive side when it is not on sale but you do get what you pay for. I loved the final appearance and ease of use in application.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel