• Sep 12th, 2017 1:25 am
Tags:
None
56 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Seems like it'll be more of a drama than a war movie, can't wait to see it either way.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Jun 29, 2010
744 posts
155 upvotes
I'm curious if this will find any market share in the USA, considering Americans weren't part of the rescue @ Dunkirk
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
101 upvotes
Regina, SK
As long as Nolan doesn't twist history to give USA more of role in rescue @ Dunkirk. Plenty of American world scale war films tend increase the American role on film compared to history. U-571 always comes to mind.
May 22, 2016
725 posts
94 upvotes
Ontario
looks amazing just hope the american content is minimal just like the actual event.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1129 posts
254 upvotes
Amazing trailer. I saw it for the first time this morning before the feature film "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" at Scotiabank's laser IMAX theatre.

So glad Christopher Nolan is filming using IMAX cameras again. I was absolutely blown away to see the trailer was almost entirely in its IMAX aspect ratio of 1.44 to 1 and it only cropped down to the regular widescreen 2.35 to 1 for only a little bit. I'd say about 97% of the trailer was shown in full IMAX. Just WOW to what I saw this morning!!! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

edit: after checking wikipedia below I must have just watched the 7 minute IMAX preview instead of the trailer. Super cool.

Marketing

The announcement trailer debuted in theatres ahead of the superhero film Suicide Squad[28] and was released online on 4 August 2016.[29] According to data analytics firm ListenFirst Media, it generated the most Twitter engagement of all the trailers that were released that week.[30] The second trailer was released on 14 December 2016,[31] and shortly thereafter, a seven-minute preview was displayed prior to select 70mm IMAX showings of Rogue One.[32]

Your text to link here...

Your text to link here...
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25087 posts
5553 upvotes
GTHA
Christopher Nolan explains PG-13 rating in an interview with The Associated Press at the recent CinemaCon in Las Vegas
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... R_NOLAN_QA
AP: This film has been rated PG-13. Was that a choice you made during production?

Nolan: All of my big blockbuster films have been PG-13. It's a rating I feel comfortable working with totally. "Dunkirk" is not a war film. It's a survival story and first and foremost a suspense film. So while there is a high level of intensity to it, it does not necessarily concern itself with the bloody aspects of combat, which have been so well done in so many films. We were really trying to take a different approach and achieve intensity in a different way. I would really like lots of different types of people to get something out of the experience.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9960 posts
591 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't think I've ever seen a modern day war movie that wasn't rated R (in the US).

ETA: Oops, forgot about Pearl Harbor.
Last edited by Talamasca on Apr 5th, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.