• Sep 12th, 2017 1:25 am
Tags:
None
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
Talamasca wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 4:10 pm
I don't think I've ever seen a modern day war movie that wasn't rated R (in the US).
Good observation, but it's a smart move in this case - making an R-rated Christopher Nolan film would be box office suicide since the majority of his audience is under 18.
Aug 14, 2010
356 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
invite wrote:
May 6th, 2017 3:42 am
Good observation, but it's a smart move in this case - making an R-rated Christopher Nolan film would be box office suicide since the majority of his audience is under 18.
The Majority of his audience is under 18? huh?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3771 posts
448 upvotes
Aurora
I do trust in Nolan. I haven't seen his earliest directed works but have seen everything 2000 and beyond. Even his so-called mis-steps like Interstellar were films I found very enjoyable. I'll be seeing Dunkirk.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3130 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
invite wrote:
May 6th, 2017 3:42 am
Hmmm.. what makes you say that? Even his superhero movies are made for a more adult audience...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Jun 12, 2017
51 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
I am a huge Nolan fan and I am wondering in which theater can I watch this in 70mm in Toronto? Or should I just go to a regular Imax screening?
Apr 25, 2007
47 posts
Toronto
lambertbob912 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 12:36 pm
I am a huge Nolan fan and I am wondering in which theater can I watch this in 70mm in Toronto? Or should I just go to a regular Imax screening?
Best places to watch are either the IMAX in Vaughan or Mississauga. They offer the 70mm experience in IMAX. Most folks will agree that it's the best way to watch it.
Which format is the one, true Dunkirk? Nolan is known for relentlessly checking the quality of his films across the different distribution mediums, but in this case we’re talking about a film that was shot natively on two different 65mm formats. The ultimate expression of Nolan’s vision is no doubt the IMAX 70mm, with the traditional 70mm presentation running right behind.
You can find the screenings for IMAX 70mm here:
https://www.cineplex.com/Showtimes/dunk ... 7&Range=75
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2469 posts
528 upvotes
Vaughan
Anyone know from previous history if 70mm Imax movies are usually available in the 2nd week, ie. Weekend of July 29/30.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9960 posts
591 upvotes
Mississauga
Got my IMAX 70mm tickets for the 22nd. Gotta squeeze in this movie and a wedding in the same day! :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7260 posts
700 upvotes
Victoria
I wish the IMAX at the silvercity here was a real one. It's a fake imax :( I still go see all my films on it, but it's not the same.

The museum here has a real IMAX and plays commercial movies on it, but they play them months after they come out. Usually right at the same time as you can watch it at home. Kind of kills the desire to pay them full price to see a movie you can watch at home.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5476 posts
676 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Coming out in a few days and no reviews at all?!

Anyone know if there an embargo in place or if we have a possible dud?
I see this but don't really know the people posting; seem like second-rate bloggers/critics?
Jun 12, 2017
51 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
The embargo should be lifted today but I forgot what time. Anyways I have decided to watch in my regular cineplex with Imax. Going to mississauga for 70mm is too far for me.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25082 posts
5550 upvotes
GTHA
Cineplex sent me an email that I could get bonus 200 points when purchase a ticket from July 17th to 27th...

Screenshot.png