Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Duracell Powermat 24H Power System - iPhone 4/4s, Galaxy S3 - $10 each

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2014 10:45 am
Tags:
None
May 20, 2012
242 posts
358 upvotes
Mississauga

Duracell Powermat 24H Power System - iPhone 4/4s, Galaxy S3 - $10 each

Deal Link:
iPhone 4/4s and Samsung Galaxy S3 Duracell Powermat 24H Power System - $10 each

I bought the Powermat for my iPhone 4s in-store and here are some of my thoughts:

Pros:
  • Wireless charging
  • Portable battery pack (Does not need case to charge)
  • Sturdy/solid case
  • Looks and feels like an iPhone 5
  • $10
Cons:
  • There is a case
  • Needs case to charge wireless with Powermat
http://auctionmaxx.com/Browse?FullTextQ ... 20powermat
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1171 posts
470 upvotes
This is a good price, but how legit is this website? They want your CC info even tho they advertise pay with paypal. seems fishy!
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11641 posts
2620 upvotes
Montreal
Sounds scammy. These things go for 140$ on amazon.ca
Aug 29, 2013
848 posts
737 upvotes
Waterloo
I can personally vouch for the credibility of this website. I have bought many things from AuctionMaxx both from the buy it now option (batteries, waffle maker, universal adapter) and the auction itself (golf clubs/balls, kids stuff, tools). No worries here RFD'ers.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
too bad the whole credit card validation chrage seems weird.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Nov 25, 2006
402 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
UPS Standard: $18.96 CAD to Ottawa.
Nov 25, 2006
402 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
snyper81 wrote: UPS Standard: $18.96 CAD to Ottawa.
Update: Once I noticed that you can combine shipping at $3.00 per additional item, I ended up ordering qty 4 of these. My total with taxes and shipping was $76.79. I ordered on Saturday and received them on Wednesday. I was very easy to snap my phone into the case and so far I am impressed with it. I kept 2 and 2 co-workers bought the other 2.

Thanks OP!
Nov 11, 2014
7 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Seems cheap for Duracell. Thank you for posting this.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
alkizmo wrote: Sounds scammy. These things go for 140$ on amazon.ca
WTF? You can get Powermat and Qi chargers for < $10 all over the place. I have 3 Qi chargers in my house and only paid $8.50 for each. It's just a piece of plastic with a coil of wire in it and a tiny amount of circuitry.

For the record Qi is a better technology than Powermat right now since a lot of phones ship with it out of the box so you don't need ugly cases.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Jul 7, 2008
285 posts
68 upvotes
Just letting you guys know that the shipping estimate for Quebec is about $20. Kinda heavy for me, but the powermat looks cool.
Nov 25, 2006
402 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
brunes wrote: WTF? You can get Powermat and Qi chargers for < $10 all over the place. I have 3 Qi chargers in my house and only paid $8.50 for each. It's just a piece of plastic with a coil of wire in it and a tiny amount of circuitry.

For the record Qi is a better technology than Powermat right now since a lot of phones ship with it out of the box so you don't need ugly cases.
Other than the expensive name brand Qi chargers, the rest are hit and miss as far as quality/dependability. One of the downsides of these cheaper brands is the heat factor on your battery as they tend to get very warm/hot. I have tried a few and this was my experience. If you get lucky you may get the Qi charge base for $10 to $14 but you still need to buy the receiver that installs into your phone. That's another $7 to $10. I wouldn't say that a lot of phones ship with this already, it's more like a few do. As far as saying the case is ugly, I disagree. I find it rather attractive with it's nice high gloss look. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII and I find it wraps the phone rather nicely and is less bulky than my Otterbox Commuter. I do agree that the iPhone case is not as aesthetically pleasing.

The other main differences if you were to do a fair comparison is;

The Duracell charge base can charge 2 devices at the same time where as the Qi only does one. The base is very sturdy and has some decent weight to it.
The Duracell bundle also comes with a very handy portable charge pack that has 2 built-in charge adapter cables. One for Apple and one micro usb. This also has the wireless charge ability build in and alone would be at least $20.
Nov 25, 2006
402 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
the_game151 wrote: Just letting you guys know that the shipping estimate for Quebec is about $20. Kinda heavy for me, but the powermat looks cool.
I agree that the shipping they charge is very high but if you can do like I did and get a few friends/co-workers interested then the cost comes down substantially. In my case, buying 4 brought my total cost down to $20 each.
Nov 25, 2006
402 posts
73 upvotes
Ottawa
bobbyg9 wrote: This is a good price, but how legit is this website? They want your CC info even tho they advertise pay with paypal. seems fishy!
The PayPal option showed up when I went to check-out and pay.