Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DX.com

Lenovo ZUK Z2 Z2131 Smartphone 4GB/64GB SD 820 Dual SIM - White $169.99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2017 10:04 am
Oct 3, 2006
203 posts
33 upvotes
North York
Coming from old Nexus 5 and using it on Koodo, Z2 is pretty good.
I was expecting a terrible ROM and was going to put a custom ROM on it but the stock ROM I got is quite similar to the Nexus 5.
So, I've been using it with the stock ROM for a month and no problems/complaints.
Battery life is way better than my old Nexus 5, camera is just so so. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the Z2 for the price.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2400 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
cloud82 wrote:
Did you flash over the shipped ROM? If so, which did you choose, China or India?

I think I'll provide an update when I receive mine to give a mini review and provide info on flashing ROMs, bloatware, shipping times, customer service from reseller, etc. for people who are on the fence. Hopefully I'll remember!
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
any reviews on this? hows battery life?? deciding between this or motorola z play...........
Oct 3, 2006
203 posts
33 upvotes
North York
ChippewaBarr wrote: Did you flash over the shipped ROM? If so, which did you choose, China or India?

I think I'll provide an update when I receive mine to give a mini review and provide info on flashing ROMs, bloatware, shipping times, customer service from reseller, etc. for people who are on the fence. Hopefully I'll remember!
No, I did not flash the ROM. The shipped ROM I received is surprisingly okay (once I set it up, it's not that different from stock Nexus 5 I used)

I'm a light cellphone user and coming from Nexus 5 but for me, battery life is pretty good. (lasts approx. 2 and half days for me)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
son of A ....

PRICE WENT UP.

$180 USD now.
Oct 18, 2012
707 posts
657 upvotes
WHITBY
Looking for an opinion on whether this phone works fully on Public Mobile LTE. Thanks in advance.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8495 posts
2740 upvotes
Milton
zamiju wrote: Looking for an opinion on whether this phone works fully on Public Mobile LTE. Thanks in advance.
You should look for facts rather than opinions. Just compare bands or read past threads.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1527 posts
878 upvotes
Markham
reesefitzmaurice wrote: i have the zuk2, it feels like shit. i am using an iphone7 now
For several times the price, I am not surprised. I'd rather hear some more meaningful comments.
Jan 16, 2017
575 posts
339 upvotes
theastroboy wrote: For several times the price, I am not surprised. I'd rather hear some more meaningful comments.
With something like a phone, you would use that device everyday. It would be worthwhile to spend a bit more to get something like an asus zenphone (expandable memory, slightly lower processor).

The zuk2 feels so plastic like.
Jul 7, 2008
220 posts
59 upvotes
Malton, Mississauga
I used this phone for 3 weeks and ended up selling off on Kijiji.
Amazing hardware specs, Great build, descent Stock Rom, LTE worked on Telus/Rogers/Bell (checked all three), dual sim is also great, one for Lte and other for calls
BUT heat management is awful...even browsing BBC.com (less ads, no apps running in the background, 50% ram is free,, etc etc) for <30mins made the back overheat..so much that it felt really uncomfortable holding it in the hand..this was the deal breaker..

Note: google for Lenovo camera app apk and i heard its performance is much better than stock camera..