Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DealExtreme.com

DX - High Quality HDMI Cable 1.8 metre

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2009 4:09 pm
Tags:
None
17 replies
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
yes i know about mono. but these look better built and have free shipping
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
also takes 3-4 weeks to get to your house...
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
3526 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
popo wrote: also takes 3-4 weeks to get to your house...
Only two unless its not in stock, and monoprice takes the same. I would still rather order from mono and get the cable for half of this price.
Aug 21, 2006
142 posts
7 upvotes
infamouskid wrote: yes i know about mono. but these look better built and have free shipping
Honestly, I think I'll trust Monoprice over DealExtreme....
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
I actually bought a HDMI from dealextreme and it seems to work :lol: . I think they are HDMI 1.3a certified at least thats what it said on the box. As for the cable, it does feel more solid and stiff than monoprice cables (i have both) but i'd still go for monoprice.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3929 posts
2259 upvotes
Monoprice cables have been tested and have the same quality, if not better, than Monster cables. You can't go wrong with Monoprice. :)
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2008
1104 posts
89 upvotes
I personally wouldn't trust any cable with Ferrite beads attached.

You get what you pay for, I guess for that price, they can't be bothered to properly shield the cable internally, they need external Ferrite Cores.

Hey, but thats just my own opinion. :razz:
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2001
4486 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
Ferrites are expensive, thats why many do not use them.

Ferrites are really only useful in reducing cable to cable crosstalk and a tiny amount of external interference - if you have only one HDMI device, there is little need for them. Three or more - the ferrites start to become important.

They also must be of exact shape and length (coke can shaped like a magnetic field in no gravity space) which many cable manufacturers do not know how to attach them properly, including monster cable.

I would greatly trust monoprices cables over a generic.
A US nickel is worth more than 5 cents.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1876 posts
130 upvotes
Aj23 wrote: Only two unless its not in stock, and monoprice takes the same. I would still rather order from mono and get the cable for half of this price.
DX has been really slow lately. I recently ordered items that were in stock (said shipping in 1-3 days) but took over 2 weeks just to get shipped. it then takes another 1-2 weeks to get to my house. so 3-4 weeks sounds about right.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
myapple wrote: DX has been really slow lately. I recently ordered items that were in stock (said shipping in 1-3 days) but took over 2 weeks just to get shipped. it then takes another 1-2 weeks to get to my house. so 3-4 weeks sounds about right.
The only delay I ever had with DX shipping is when they were having their New Years celebrations...If the item was in stock all my orders usually ship in about 3-4 days and gets delivered to me within 10 -14 days after leaving Hong Kong...

I have no complaints with shopping @ DX but I haven't shopped there in the last 3-4 months so things might have changed..Everything I have ordered from DX as come in on time...

I just made my first order with Monoprice for 2 HDMI cables and if I get similar service as I have been getting with DX I will be very satisfied...
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
Aj23 wrote: Only two unless its not in stock, and monoprice takes the same. I would still rather order from mono and get the cable for half of this price.
it has always been 3-4weeks for me even if they have it in stock
Banned
Nov 11, 2006
8770 posts
31 upvotes
any of u guys find those cheap mono cables don't fit too well in the connections? its kinda 'loose'

my cheap monster cable fits very snugly

both same pic quality as far as i can tell tho
E5200 @ 3.5200 Ghz BIOS 1.38125v 24/7 | Asus P5Q PRO | G.Skill F2-8000CL5D 8GB ram @ 853MHz on 2.10v | 1 TB Samsung F1 Spinpoint HD | 1 TB Seagate 7200.11 rpm| 1 TB WD1001FALS Black Caviar | Antec SONATA 500w Designer Case | BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC+ 512MB PCIe 2.0 | OCZ Vendetta 2 HSF | Samsung LN40A530 C(rappy) panel | Logitech G51 sound | Xbox 360 60gb | *PS3 w/ 263gb | Nintendo Wii LU37 | Vista Ultimate x64

/me wuz pwn3d by GAG forums lolz
Mar 23, 2008
861 posts
233 upvotes
Scarborough
kleptodathief wrote: any of u guys find those cheap mono cables don't fit too well in the connections? its kinda 'loose'

my cheap monster cable fits very snugly

both same pic quality as far as i can tell tho
Nope.. all 3 of mine click right into place and tight.. Very satisfied with them for the 3 bucks each I paid for them
Dec 28, 2006
201 posts
56 upvotes
Winnipeg
popo wrote: it has always been 3-4weeks for me even if they have it in stock
Off topic, but my 2 cents...

Deal Extreme is slow, now. I purchased something last Summer and it got here in about 1 1/2 weeks.

More recently, I purchased 3 items, all in stock, on Feb 14 and it is still being "packaged", before it gets shipped.
:confused:
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Same here. My cable from MP fits just like it should.
01s0uljah wrote: Nope.. all 3 of mine click right into place and tight.. Very satisfied with them for the 3 bucks each I paid for them
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4603 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby
myapple wrote: DX has been really slow lately. I recently ordered items that were in stock (said shipping in 1-3 days) but took over 2 weeks just to get shipped. it then takes another 1-2 weeks to get to my house. so 3-4 weeks sounds about right.
They're doing catch up from Chinese New Year.
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)