• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 8:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6754 posts
974 upvotes

DxO Buys Nik Collection from Google, Will Resume Development

Best Photography News Today and what a way to steal the thunder from Sony. LOL.

I was just checking if I could still use Nik for my freshly downloaded Free copy of DXO OpticsPro 11 and this news popped up.

https://petapixel.com/2017/10/25/dxo-bu ... velopment/
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2141 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I hope someone buys Google's Picasa and continue development for that software. Hidden gem for the best photo management software.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6754 posts
974 upvotes
I find myself using Google Photos more now, at least for albums and sharing, I know Picasa had a desktop install but everyone seems to be moving to the clouds now.
zero_2003 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 12:16 pm
I hope someone buys Google's Picasa and continue development for that software. Hidden gem for the best photo management software.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5043 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
I know eh - I was looking into getting source code for it. The engine is so fast!
For Sale:
    Canon C100 + Canon 70-200 f2.8 + ...
Looking for: Sony Camera for video (for a good price)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2003
2141 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
hdom wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 5:31 pm
I find myself using Google Photos more now, at least for albums and sharing, I know Picasa had a desktop install but everyone seems to be moving to the clouds now.
Picasa pairs perfectly with google photo.

I use Picasa to sync my photos on my desktop from my DSLR to my google photo account.

I’m able to view all my photos (phone + DSLR) in one convenient location (Google photo) because Picasa is doing most of the grunt work (detect, sync and organize chronologically).