Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
DxO

Free Copy Of DxO OpticsPro 9

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2017 9:53 am
Tags:
37 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
Worth downloading if only to just use the PRIME noise removal option. The PRIME noise removal works quite well IMO and it's all I use this for before exporting to Lightroom.

wearysky wrote: Actually, that one was the elite edition (still available, looks like), whereas this one appears to be the regular edition.
If it's the regular version in the OP the Elite version would be better in the link above your post since I don't think the PRIME noise removal option is included in the regular version but I may be wrong.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Picked this up a week or two ago. Hoping to use it with my new DxO camera.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
drdtyc wrote: Re-post of a Dec-2016 post found in RFD Freebies forum:
sharewareonsale-dxo-optics-pro-9-elite- ... c-2062430/
I *never* would have found that thread in the freebies forum and I appreciate the OP sharing this deal here.

I can confirm that this is the "elite" edition and it's way less hassle compared to using the link in the freebies forum.

This is excellent software and it would actually be worth the $200MSRP. To get it for free is a scorching hot deal IMO. I use this program all the time with my RAW files from my digital camera. I'm always blown away by how much nicer it makes my photos look.

Thanks OP!
Apr 28, 2007
356 posts
201 upvotes
Regina
I noticed they dont list Win10 in the supported os list. Can anyone confirm they have used under win10 x64?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
warrenz wrote: I noticed they dont list Win10 in the supported os list. Can anyone confirm they have used under win10 x64?
Yes, it works. Even the dpi scaling is working for 4k resolution.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1116 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP for the deal.

Anyone know if the key is a single time use key, or can it be used again? (i.e. if I move machines and need to reinstall).

Also, I'm using Mac OS X Sierra (10.12.3) and DxO starts but ends abruptly. Anyone else having any issues?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
Ayumix wrote: ...
Also, I'm using Mac OS X Sierra (10.12.3) and DxO starts but ends abruptly. Anyone else having any issues?
I get a "Network Error" message when I try to register the app for the 31 day trial. App starts and seems to run OK and I can bring in an image but I think it needs some additional modules so I can edit the image, maybe it does not have those because I'm not registered yet. Will try again later. Running MacOS El Capitan.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1139 posts
405 upvotes
Ayumix wrote: Thanks OP for the deal.

Anyone know if the key is a single time use key, or can it be used again? (i.e. if I move machines and need to reinstall).

in the email they send with the registration key it states
' "Your activation code can be used simultaneously on 2 computers (Mac and PC)."

so I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem moving it around from pc to pc.. I've done it on previous versions of this software.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
U need dxo to get this software? Is is like Vegas pro?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
L4cky wrote: U need dxo to get this software? Is is like Vegas pro?
It is a standalone software. It can also be linked to DXO, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro etc.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2505 upvotes
BC
wearysky wrote: Actually, that one was the elite edition (still available, looks like), whereas this one appears to be the regular edition.
I signed up for that one; after giving you the download link (with their own Sharewareonsale downloader/installer), the email you get from Sharewareonsale points you at OP's link to claim your license code. In both cases you're getting the Elite version. It's just one less step if you get it directly from the DxO page instead.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
L4cky wrote: U need dxo to get this software? Is is like Vegas pro?
Basically what this software does is it enhances your digital camera's RAW files. It corrects any distortion from your particular lens, it corrects the lighting, has excellent noise reduction, and basically cleans up and enhances your photos automatically. It can batch process your entire library. The difference it makes to the photos is astounding. It takes a lot of processing power and many hours to process a large photo library, but the results are well worth it. I use it on all my photos.
Feb 2, 2013
464 posts
449 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
I saw on the website that this software is only for certain cameras, and mine (a Canon T2i Rebel) isn't listed. Can the software somehow tell what camera you're using by analyzing your photo files?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
barrensky wrote: I saw on the website that this software is only for certain cameras, and mine (a Canon T2i Rebel) isn't listed. Can the software somehow tell what camera you're using by analyzing your photo files?
It corrects the lens distortion. Even if your camera is not supported it will still work and it will still make a big difference with your photos.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10208 posts
11271 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: It corrects the lens distortion. Even if your camera is not supported it will still work and it will still make a big difference with your photos.
I would NOT count on that. Can anybody confirm this?

Generally if software doesn't support your camera it won't be able to import the RAW file from that camera.

I've had that problem with Samsung RAW files.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8093 upvotes
repatch wrote: I would NOT count on that. Can anybody confirm this?

Generally if software doesn't support your camera it won't be able to import the RAW file from that camera.

I've had that problem with Samsung RAW files.
RAW files are pretty universal. I'm talking about the lens correction. Even if DXO doesn't support your lens, all of the other features of the software will work. It's just one of the corrections that it does. Have you even actually used this software? If not, perhaps you should not be arguing with someone who has a lot of experience with it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)