• Jun 11th, 2020 12:29 pm
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10359 posts
1484 upvotes
Toronto

Dyna Trap @ Costco

Has anyone tried the Dyna Trap @ Costco ? Any good ?
18 replies
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
Yes pretty good.
I bought it last year.

After one night.

1 month in June
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10359 posts
1484 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the information. All the sudden, I see tons of bugs (reddish orange tiny flies) in my yard, so I just installed the Dyna Trap and hope it will work. By the way , I notice the package comes with two extra bulbs, and each bulb lasts 4 months, basically a season. So, the package should be enough for 3 years usage. Do you know where can we buy these replacement bulb after that and how much are they ? Thanks

By the way, is the purpose of the bulb/light just to attract the bugs to fly in ? If so, does it mean any bulb would work ? and no need to have the ultra violet light ?
el'ation wrote: Yes pretty good.
I bought it last year.

After one night.

1 month in June
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
I put mine in on sunday, I have maybe 50 mosquitos in it, nothing like the pictures above so far. and the mosquitos are going crazy right now
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10359 posts
1484 upvotes
Toronto
There were tons of tiny flies just before the rain storm. I assume the device will be fine under the rain outdoor, right ? I only plan to take it back indoor before the winter.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21708 posts
17382 upvotes
Markham
Never heard or seen this before. How much is it at Costco? Is it instore now?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10359 posts
1484 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: Never heard or seen this before. How much is it at Costco? Is it instore now?
$90, not sure if they still have it now. It was several weeks ago.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
rdx wrote: $90, not sure if they still have it now. It was several weeks ago.
I saw it at st albert Costco on Monday this week right when I entered the store, I think it was 90, we paid 75 a few months ago I believe.
May 18, 2018
841 posts
915 upvotes
rdx wrote: Found the replacement bulbs from Amazon.ca, $16.88 for two. Not sure if this is the best deal, but pretty reasonable price :)

https://www.amazon.ca/DynaTrap-41050-Re ... 077&sr=8-2
I wonder how long the fan is rated for in these things and whether you can buy a replacement? Looking at their website all their fans are out of stock.

I mean it is working outside exposed to the elements, honestly I can't see it lasting for 3 seasons but we'll see.
May 18, 2018
841 posts
915 upvotes
Inclemental wrote: They were $69.99 in Ontario last month.
I found it in Ontario, at a wholesaler called K&K Liquidation for $65, this is for the 1/2 acre version of the Dynatrap. If you're aware of any wholesares in your area try your luck.

This same model is priced at $139 at Home Depot.
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10359 posts
1484 upvotes
Toronto
PanchoVilla wrote: I found it in Ontario, at a wholesaler called K&K Liquidation for $65, this is for the 1/2 acre version of the Dynatrap. If you're aware of any wholesares in your area try your luck.

This same model is priced at $139 at Home Depot.
I see. But I feel better with Costco return policy :)
Deal Guru
Jun 7, 2005
10359 posts
1484 upvotes
Toronto
PanchoVilla wrote: I wonder how long the fan is rated for in these things and whether you can buy a replacement? Looking at their website all their fans are out of stock.

I mean it is working outside exposed to the elements, honestly I can't see it lasting for 3 seasons but we'll see.
Hope it lasts long than 3 seasons, maybe someone who has used for more than 3 seasons can comment. Actually, it is still not hot and humid this season yet, I will see if it works well in July and August when there are lot of bugs in my backyard with all trees surrounded.
May 18, 2018
841 posts
915 upvotes
When you think about it, if you run this trap for 24hours, each season will total about 3,000 hours, times that by 3, that's a lot of hours on a little fan exposed to so much dust, insects, moisture, UV light, etc.

Anyway, you can't expect this thing to last forever, it would just be nice to be able to buy parts for replacement so I don't have to buy the whole thing again. However if it works out well, it will be worth the money buyign it again.
Sep 26, 2019
222 posts
123 upvotes
Montreal,QC
I bought mine at Costco for 69.99$
It work fine, just like in the picture above.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Does this actually attract and kill mosquitos though? I don't care about killing other bugs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)