Expired Hot Deals

[Dyson] Dyson Canada ebay Outlet - DC24 $299 and DC17 $329 Now added!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2010 12:34 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 27, 2003
114 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto

[Dyson] Dyson Canada ebay Outlet - DC24 $299 and DC17 $329 Now added!

Just noticed that the Dyson Canada Outlet on ebay has added the following models to their refurbished online outlet:

DC24 - $299.99

DC17 - $329.99

The Dyson Canada Outlet on ebay can be found here:

http://shop.ebay.ca/dysoncanada/m.html

For reference The DC24 retails at The Bay for $499.99 and in the US for $299.99 NEW.

Dyson Canada Refurbished models come with a 2 Year warranty vs. 5 Year when purchased NEW.
14 replies
Dec 3, 2003
284 posts
Toronto
Can't these also be purchased directly from their service center at the same price? It's in Mississauga from what I heard, anyone know details?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1160 posts
66 upvotes
Brantford
Thanks OP! My wife and I really want to get a Dyson. However, with that said -- we have 3 cats in our household. Always getting hair in the carpet in the bedrooms. We have a central vac, which does work great but not so well with the embeded cat hair. Should we be waiting to get a Dyson *Animal* edition to address this problem? Are there really any differences between a regular version and an Animal edition, or is it just a marketing scheme?
Jul 24, 2008
732 posts
241 upvotes
onemax wrote:
Sep 18th, 2010 5:16 am

For reference The DC24 retails at The Bay for $499.99 and in the US for $299.99 NEW.
I guess Dyson didn't get the memo that the Canadian dollar is almost on par with the US?

I bought mine from the States. That being, when I called the support line because the vacuum didn't work, they said the warranty is not valid in Canada.
Dec 30, 2007
18 posts
Toronto/Hamilton/Bra…
scotty01 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2010 2:44 pm
Thanks OP! My wife and I really want to get a Dyson. However, with that said -- we have 3 cats in our household. Always getting hair in the carpet in the bedrooms. We have a central vac, which does work great but not so well with the embeded cat hair. Should we be waiting to get a Dyson *Animal* edition to address this problem? Are there really any differences between a regular version and an Animal edition, or is it just a marketing scheme?

I believe that the animal version has a rotating brush attachment. If that is the only difference, you can buy the attachment for about $80 from FS or you can find them for about $40 on kijiji if you are lucky.
-Mike
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2007
4523 posts
974 upvotes
Kootenays
I have the "animal" attachment, as it was included with a DC14 we bought from Dyson's refurb site, even though it wasn't supposed to be. It's a 6" wide attachment with a beater bar that would be used on upholstery. The only time I use it is on our couch for dog hair.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1160 posts
66 upvotes
Brantford
Thanks guys. So as far as this 'Animal' edition attachment goes, its only for upholstery? I guess I figured there would be something to address flooring as well (carpet) for pet hair.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28315 posts
821 upvotes
PayPal kills the deal.
Hail Eris!
[OP]
Feb 27, 2003
114 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote:
Sep 18th, 2010 6:14 pm
PayPal kills the deal.

How so? You don't need a paypal account to pay.
Dec 24, 2009
188 posts
1 upvote
scotty01 wrote:
Sep 18th, 2010 3:44 pm

I have the DC24 with two cats, I recommend getting the model with the larger canister because it fills up pretty quick.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1160 posts
66 upvotes
Brantford
cih wrote:
Sep 19th, 2010 11:19 am
I have the DC24 with two cats, I recommend getting the model with the larger canister because it fills up pretty quick.

Thanks for the suggestion. Which model you recommend?
May 13, 2007
406 posts
183 upvotes
We have one cat and one dog, and I am consistently amazed at the amount of hair that the DC25 picks up.

I read that Dyson vacuums really suck, and it's true.
Nov 13, 2007
273 posts
64 upvotes
They are not that great. I have the dc07 and works ok. Would never spend that kind of money for one again. They do suck good but so do some of the other brand names. Have simillar model just like it now.
× < >