Dyson DC29 for $255 at Can Tire!! YMMV, Price Match

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2014 3:09 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2013
2 posts
AJAX
Thanks OP, picked one up yesterday at CT. Definitely worth the hassle, only used it once so far but night & day difference between my last unit.
Sep 27, 2005
976 posts
141 upvotes
I went with the DC43 for $359.99 since we have a pet. The extra suction and larger canister will be better for us.
Aug 5, 2012
102 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
Went to CT in Burlington off Guelph line but they were completely sold out. So I bought a Shark Rocket instead which was also on sale. Apparently this vacuum also has great reviews. But I can return it of it doesn't perform as great. Got a rain check for the dyson dc29 at CT for the CT sale price because they can't PM from the target flyer if its not on sale when I am buying it. I would of been willing to pay for the item now and get it for the target price and wait until the shipment comes in! But that option wasn't available.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1618 posts
49 upvotes
jessiekins wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 3:48 pm
Went to CT in Burlington off Guelph line but they were completely sold out. So I bought a Shark Rocket instead which was also on sale. Apparently this vacuum also has great reviews. But I can return it of it doesn't perform as great. Got a rain check for the dyson dc29 at CT for the CT sale price because they can't PM from the target flyer if its not on sale when I am buying it. I would of been willing to pay for the item now and get it for the target price and wait until the shipment comes in! But that option wasn't available.
I think CT's return policy states that the item has to be unopened/unused to be returned. So just an FYI if you do plan on using and then returning the Shark Rocket, you may be refused...
Aug 5, 2012
102 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
mochachicka wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 4:04 pm
I think CT's return policy states that the item has to be unopened/unused to be returned. So just an FYI if you do plan on using and then returning the Shark Rocket, you may be refused...
Yup I asked them about it in store. You're right. But I'm thinking if I just turn it on to test and see the suction power and if it isn't powerful enough, I can put it all back nice and pretty in the box and be able to return it. But yup I may e refused. Although I'm hoping this unit won't let me down lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
gman1975 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 3:35 pm
I went with the DC43 for $359.99 since we have a pet. The extra suction and larger canister will be better for us.
how did you manage that? the cheapest I saw the DC43 animal was 550
[OP]
Aug 11, 2012
110 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
jessiekins wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 2:23 am
So for those who have bought one, have you tried it? Is it worth the buy/hassle of price matching and searching for? Contemplating buying one...
Just tried it for first time today. Definitely worth it.

Had been using a $100 Bissell model which worked fine but the difference is amazing with the Dyson. The quality and build of it is a huge difference as well.
Aug 9, 2010
273 posts
284 upvotes
Nk12345 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2013 7:22 pm
Just tried it for first time today. Definitely worth it.

Had been using a $100 Bissell model which worked fine but the difference is amazing with the Dyson. The quality and build of it is a huge difference as well.
Same here. tried the dc35 a week or 2 ago, was extreeeemely dissapointed. My 70$ bissel was working better

I decided to give another try to Dyson with the dc29 ( i can NOT understand the differences between all these dc 25/43/29/49/99/23809834 ... it's SO vague )

I got it for 300+tx - 30$ CT money. It works well, only hiccup is, once again, the litter pellets ( i use the Yesterdays News type of litter ) that wont get sucked easily... With my bissel, i just hovered once on all the pellets at the door of the litterbox, and everything would get sucked in right away. With this one, i have to constantly check if the pellets get sucked in or not because it doesnt always work... :/
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1428 posts
185 upvotes
Winnipeg
our dc43an showed up the other day. I liked it. not sure it's worth 500+, and I wasn't too impressed with how it handled hardwood floors, but if got stuff out of the carpet that's probably been there for a year. it's PERFORMANCE is good. the build quality, features, and ease of use however, not so great. the one feature I REALLY miss is cord management. we had a 'cheap-ish' hoover pet vac before and the cord management was so nice. having to go back to dragging around a cord, and wrapping it up after each use it's a big annoying. I could honestly see this being a once a month kind of vacuum, and use the hoover in between just because it's SO much more convenient and easy to use.

for 200-300 this would be fine, but at 550, I don't think I should have to make these compromises. no cord management, no on-board tool storage, cheapish feeling plastic, on/off switch nowhere near the handle, brush on/off switch doesn't save it's setting(it automatically turns on with the vac, and you have to manually turn it off every time, could be annoying if you rarely use it), no lever to release from upright position(you just 'force' it down, which scares me for durability). overall it just feels like they wanted the machine to be as slim and sleek and simple looking as possible, with good suction and performance. very little effort was put towards convenience, durability, or ergonomics.