Tags:
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
509 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
domigirl wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:42 pm
Purchased V8 absolute $489 on the staples website on Saturday. I received an email today (Tuesday) saying my item has shipped. Few minutes later received another email saying "unable to be delivered and has been received back at our delivery center...This means your original method of payment will be refunded for the full amount of the purchase. "
I contacted staples, and they said the item is out of stock - will not provide rain check as this item has been discontinued in Canada. Rep said I can select any vacuum (even greater $489) as a substitute. TOO bad there is no other dyson vacuum on the website...urgh

from staples website:
Staples.ca will automatically let you know if an item is out of stock when you attempt to add it to your cart. We’ll also recommend alternative products in the event the item is out of stock in your area. In case of an out-of-stock situation, our call centre associates are ready to assist you with selecting an acceptable substitute.
In the rare instance that an item becomes out of stock after you’ve placed an order, we’ll notify you right away.
I would call Dyson, they'll make you a deal based on your poor experience without a doubt.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
509 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Kev84 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:01 pm
Ordered the V10 Animal with Soft Roller for 480+tax.

Called in again to ask about the Floor Dok (tried to used the last week the offered me trick).

However, they said that all V10 now comes w/ the Floor Dok by default. She confirmed its the white one with the sliding component.

I guess i'll find out when i get it. :rolleyes:
I think you mean V10 Motorhead for $480?

Animal would be $560 I believe with the 20% off discount, not $480.
Nov 16, 2005
456 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
oakley0023 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 4:20 pm
I think you mean V10 Motorhead for $480?

Animal would be $560 I believe with the 20% off discount, not $480.
Correct, my bad.
Feb 16, 2014
22 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Purchased V10 Absolute with Dok for $799+plus taxes-$40 ebates cashback on Nov 23. Then after reading this thread flipped an email to Dyson support and had been going back and forth and at one point I requested to cancel my order. Got home today to find out that already delivered. I called the support line and explained the situation and they applied 20% discount.

Now my questions are, 1) what will happen to my ebates cashback? Will this be reduced too because of the reduced purchase price? 2) why did I only receive $40 ebates cashback? It was 8% on Nov 23, so should have been $63.92 (8% of $799).
Apr 28, 2015
63 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
called in and was on hold for 30 mins.

Just said I was looking for a deal on a stick vacc because I missed out on the BF deals. told her I had been looking online and saw ppl talking about the deals on the motorhead and animal. offered me both deal right off the top. got the motor head bc its perfect for what we need. =D
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1900 posts
933 upvotes
bigddd888 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 3:34 pm
My confirmation email does not contain the free Soft Roller. Call in again and they told me it was cancelled by the Fraud department and the Soft roller head only comes with the Absolute model.
So my order will just be the V10 Motorized + Dok. He also told me that a lot of orders have been cancelled and go out without the Soft Roller head.

Does anyone have the same issue with the order?
Very strange - both CSRs I spoke with were quick to agree to including the soft roller, it was the Dok that was the main sticking point. Did you cancel your order?
Aug 8, 2018
26 posts
10 upvotes
Got v10 motorhead (20%off)+soft brush+doc=$499 including taxes
Nov 27, 2013
7 posts
I did not cancel the order. The CSR agree to include the Soft Roller but it is not in the order confirmation.
Just wonder did it show Soft Roller in your email order confirmation?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1900 posts
933 upvotes
The soft roller shows in my order confirmation
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1255 posts
329 upvotes
Still no shipping confirmation. Ordered the v8 Friday. Got a order confirmation but no shipping. Guessing they must be swamped. Hope they don't end up cancelling my order. :(.
Jun 2, 2016
19 posts
20 upvotes
Kemptville, ON
Still no shipping confirmation for me either, ordered the V8 animal and soft roller head Friday around lunchtime and I noticed this morning the charge to my credit card is now gone...uh oh... I am really hoping my order doesn't get cancelled as I already returned the one I got from Staples Friday when they confirmed my order. Will be calling them when they open.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2494 posts
1010 upvotes
Sudbury
No shipping confirmation here yet either...but have my order confirmation.

Still have my V8 Total Clean from Costco...will keep it until the other unit shows up.

I have faith!
Aug 18, 2009
290 posts
127 upvotes
Barrie
kanewtz wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 6:25 am
No shipping confirmation here yet either...but have my order confirmation.

Still have my V8 Total Clean from Costco...will keep it until the other unit shows up.

I have faith!
In the same boat as you, got my shipping confirmation at 230am this morning. My soft roller was put on a separate order so waiting until that ships before returning the one I bought from costco.
Aug 2, 2003
23 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bigddd888 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:06 pm
I did not cancel the order. The CSR agree to include the Soft Roller but it is not in the order confirmation.
Just wonder did it show Soft Roller in your email order confirmation?
Same boat, no softroller on the confirmation email, but when I noticed the issue I phoned in again and the csr said there was a note on the order number stating I should get the roller and that everything is fine. Got the tracking number yesterday but no soft roller. Will need to phone in today to find out what’s going on. Did you get a separate confirmation for the soft roller?