• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 2:56 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2339 posts
1088 upvotes
Ontario
I regret buying the V8 and not getting the hard-floor soft roller attachment. :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Aug 22, 2011
1 posts
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks for the hint. I purchased v8 animal last week for 399 and now I called them about absolute and they are sending the soft roller which is the extra item in absolute.
Apr 11, 2010
59 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
dwydl27 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 11:18 am
Call dyson this morning and they refund me the $80 difference between the absolute and animal
Do you already see the refund on your CC? I did the same last week mid-week but still haven't seen any refund...
Nov 16, 2003
542 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Tried calling at 12:30pm EST. They said they cannot honor this price. Best they could do was 775+tax for the v10 Animal, FloorDok and Softbrush rollerhead
.ACMD eht setaloiv siht gnidaeR
Oct 22, 2001
294 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
nuclearsnake2 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 1:14 pm
Tried calling at 12:30pm EST. They said they cannot honor this price. Best they could do was 775+tax for the v10 Animal, FloorDok and Softbrush rollerhead
Did you mention that you are a owner of prior Dyson products?
Turning off all RFD notifications... because all of it is eating up the 10 GB I got from Koodo.
Nov 16, 2003
542 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
I technically am, but not with one registered to me. Told them that.
.ACMD eht setaloiv siht gnidaeR
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1238 posts
804 upvotes
I got V10 absolute for $640+tax (w/ free dok)

I called asking for a refund of $80+tax as people here have been able to get v10 animal for the same price (with the free dok + soft roller), but she denied - saying v10 animal doesn't qualify for soft roller..

Should I try again? or is she right?
May 17, 2007
692 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
On the topic of Dyson anybody have a link to cheap filter replacements besides Amazon?
Sep 24, 2015
39 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
StewKatz wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 1:01 pm
Do you already see the refund on your CC? I did the same last week mid-week but still haven't seen any refund...
Just did it this morning, the lady put me on hold a few times to verify, agreed to do it as the end but mentioned “will send in the request”, confirmed with her though the request shouldn’t be denied.

Haven’t seen any email confirmation though.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1238 posts
804 upvotes
dwydl27 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 2:10 pm
Just did it this morning, the lady put me on hold a few times to verify, agreed to do it as the end but mentioned “will send in the request”, confirmed with her though the request shouldn’t be denied.

did you press 1? (which is if order is already placed) or 2 (for new orders)?
Sep 24, 2015
39 posts
12 upvotes
Calgary
theganguly wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 2:21 pm
did you press 1? (which is if order is already placed) or 2 (for new orders)?
I pressed 1
Apr 11, 2010
59 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal
dwydl27 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 2:10 pm

Yup - same here. She said she'd put in the request for a refund. As she was putting in the request, I asked her, "When you say request, does it mean it still needs to be approved or that it would go through for sure?" and she confirmed that it was already approved by her manager and that it was just a matter of entering into the system to be processed shortly. I did get an email, however, indicating that I wanted to make a return. She said it was normal and although I'm not actually making a return, it was proof that the request was put through, although the email is actually very generic and doesn't contain any reference numbers or refund amount... I guess I'll wait a few more days and if I see nothing, I'll call them back.
Aug 18, 2009
251 posts
91 upvotes
Barrie
I got an email notification Friday that my soft roller shipped with the tracking info. The purolator tracking says shipping label created on Thursday the 29th and there's been no update since. Anyone else stuck like this?
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1430 posts
199 upvotes
Vaughan
Q for those who received their package already. Does the soft roller head move (sway left and right) to easily for you? Mine moves so much it's hard to go straight.
Feb 6, 2017
890 posts
389 upvotes
theganguly wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 1:51 pm
I got V10 absolute for $640+tax (w/ free dok)

I called asking for a refund of $80+tax as people here have been able to get v10 animal for the same price (with the free dok + soft roller), but she denied - saying v10 animal doesn't qualify for soft roller..

Should I try again? or is she right?
I would keep trying if you really want to keep the V10. I'm going to call in later after work, if they deny the $80 difference refund then I'm just going to return the whole shebang. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't really *need* this vacuum so either a great deal or nothing. It'll be on them if they want to keep the sale, no loss on my part except for the time wasted.