[Dyson] Dyson V8 Absolute $399.99 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 2:56 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1148 posts
364 upvotes
Note that to price match Visions' Boxing Day deal, Dyson has the V7 for $268 plus a free accessory. Regular is $399. Seems like a good deal. I decided to order to upgrade from an older DC35 used for the main floor of our home. We have a Miele (great product) for carpet and tougher jobs. The stick is handy for the hard surfaces and leather on our main floor.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4418 posts
624 upvotes
so are people still getting v10 + dock for 650+tax ? I called in just now and was told its 650 + floor dock regular price. DId you guys have to order first and do an adjustment later?
May 14, 2007
254 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
Prof wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 11:33 am
Note that to price match Visions' Boxing Day deal, Dyson has the V7 for $268 plus a free accessory. Regular is $399. Seems like a good deal. I decided to order to upgrade from an older DC35 used for the main floor of our home. We have a Miele (great product) for carpet and tougher jobs. The stick is handy for the hard surfaces and leather on our main floor.
Could you tell me what miele product is that?
I am worried if the v7 has enough suction for my apartment that is covered with 90% carpet.
Dec 14, 2012
102 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
Called in this morning to ask if I can have loyalty discount on top of boxing day deal and was told I could get either one promotion but not both. Thus if you apply loyalty discount you will get v10 absolute, you could get price reduction by 20% * 799 = 160 which is $10 more then boxing day price. If anyone succeeded to get both boxing day + 20% loyalty please kindly share with me. That would make me trigger the deal. :)
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
20188 posts
136021 upvotes
GTA
There are V10s now in the Dyson refurb store (just saw it in an eBay promo email). Haven't looked into the details to see what they include, but may be worth a look.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1148 posts
364 upvotes
Honger wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:53 pm
Could you tell me what miele product is that?
I am worried if the v7 has enough suction for my apartment that is covered with 90% carpet.
The similar newer version of ours is this model from Costco. The key is the electric power head for carpet. Our entire main level is hard surface and while the Miele is great, it's more convenient to use a light cordless. This is an apple and orange comparison mind you. I would choose Miele in a canister before a Dyson but in this application, Dyson seems a wise buy.
Oct 17, 2010
619 posts
208 upvotes
Edmonton
Overstep wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 3:02 pm
Called in this morning to ask if I can have loyalty discount on top of boxing day deal and was told I could get either one promotion but not both. Thus if you apply loyalty discount you will get v10 absolute, you could get price reduction by 20% * 799 = 160 which is $10 more then boxing day price. If anyone succeeded to get both boxing day + 20% loyalty please kindly share with me. That would make me trigger the deal. :)
I was able to get the absolute extra as well as the dok for $649 this morning. I actually want all of the accessories so this worked for me as opposed to buying a lower model and trying to neg the rest of the accessories (which they were willing to do but not provide all of them).
Dec 21, 2014
20 posts
4 upvotes
Madden, AB
Prof wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 11:33 am
Anybody know if its possible to get a soft roller head with something like this? I can't seem to find them selling the piece separately anywhere. It looks to me like the only way to get it is to get a v10 absolute or up. Was hoping I could get an older model with the soft roller for cheaper.
Aug 8, 2018
11 posts
7 upvotes
8008135 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 3:32 pm
I was able to get the absolute extra as well as the dok for $649 this morning. I actually want all of the accessories so this worked for me as opposed to buying a lower model and trying to neg the rest of the accessories (which they were willing to do but not provide all of them).
I was able to get v10 motorhead and above that i added soft roller brush, dyson dok, mini motorized tool... Dyson dok contains all tools... Got all in for 504 including tax.. I don't think i missed any tool and it's equivalent to top end v10 at absolutely great price
Mar 28, 2017
29 posts
2 upvotes
qwertyuio wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 6:24 pm
I was able to get v10 motorhead and above that i added soft roller brush, dyson dok, mini motorized tool... Dyson dok contains all tools... Got all in for 504 including tax.. I don't think i missed any tool and it's equivalent to top end v10 at absolutely great price
how can you get that offer?
Oct 17, 2010
619 posts
208 upvotes
Edmonton
qwertyuio wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 6:24 pm
The motorhead comes with the direct drive head vs the torque drive head found on the animal and absolute models. I wanted the torque drive head. I'll be selling the extra accessories as I'll essentially be getting double on some of them which will bring the overall cost down and leave me with the better power head.
Nov 21, 2013
19 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Just when u thought a post died..

I just got today V10 animal + soft roller + dok = $559+tax
Nov 9, 2015
4 posts
Ottawa, ON
BDLouie wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 6:10 pm

I might have to call in and see if I can swing this. That'd make a very happy wife!
Dec 9, 2018
10 posts
169 upvotes
BDLouie wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 6:10 pm

How did you get that deal?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1525 posts
205 upvotes
For the people that got the V8, how do you like the battery life ? I'm getting about 30 minutes run time on regular suction. It takes about 4 or 5 hours to charge up. Is that normal ?