Tags:
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
473 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
keshan wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:21 pm
I saw Costco has their V8 absolut on sale for 399 as well, what's the difference?
Costco has the Absolute for $399 or the Animal for $399? Pretty sure the latter. If not, that is a good deal because the return policy is better with Costco. Please confirm?
Aug 18, 2009
271 posts
117 upvotes
Barrie
oakley0023 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:50 pm
Costco has the Absolute for $399 or the Animal for $399? Pretty sure the latter. If not, that is a good deal because the return policy is better with Costco. Please confirm?

I can confirm costco's is similar to the animal not the absolute. Someone posted in the costco bf deals that costco actually has two models of it (they call it the v8 total but it's essentially a v8 animal) and one model has 2 extra tools but they have the same UPC. These tools are not the soft brush end being discussed in this forum.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1235 posts
320 upvotes
well that was easy.... Just asked why there was no V8 Absolute on the website... He said if i was interested he would throw in the Soft roller attachment for free making the v8 animal an Absolute.. Got order confirmation already. 459$ tax in (Quebec).... Wasn't planing on buying a dyson, But been looking for a new vacuum since installing my new hardwood floors...
Mar 7, 2011
36 posts
7 upvotes
Markham, ON
oakley0023 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 4:49 pm
I am wondering the same thing! Calling Dyson now but for $80 more, it seems like it.
Ended up pulling the trigger on the V10. Cancelled the order on the V8. Got the V10 + DOK + soft roller for $479.99 + tax!!!! Amazing deal! Thanks OP & robck!!

PS. Dyson rep on the phone originally did not give the same deal, and said she couldn't find it. But being nice helped in this case :). Quoted the details of the $479.99 robck deal and she said "I'm not supposed to do this, but I'll give it to you anyways" Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1235 posts
320 upvotes
gonna call to try to get this deal.....
silvergenesis wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 5:11 pm
Ended up pulling the trigger on the V10. Cancelled the order on the V8. Got the V10 + DOK + soft roller for $479.99 + tax!!!! Amazing deal! Thanks OP & robck!!

PS. Dyson rep on the phone originally did not give the same deal, and said she couldn't find it. But being nice helped in this case :). Quoted the details of the $479.99 robck deal and she said "I'm not supposed to do this, but I'll give it to you anyways" Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
May 4, 2015
17 posts
8 upvotes
North York, ON
I had no issue on the phone having them include the soft roller head with any of the V10 or v8 models. Ultimately I asked if they can do the v10 Motorhead and include the soft roller head and he said no problem. Also told me it’ll come with the docking station. Only problem is after looking at my email receipt the docking station isn’t on the item list. Should I call in and ask why it’s not included on the receipt or just hope it’s shipped with the order?
Images
  • C7274293-501D-4345-88A1-2B2835780148.png
[OP]
Dec 26, 2012
473 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Dyson is so busy I got connected to American agent.

Without my approval, she cancelled my V8 with free soft roller head (got email notice while on hold for 20 minutes!) and is now offering me the V10 at regular price, saying they can't discount 20% on new products but can throw in the soft roller head.

I said no way, A. I did not want to cancel my V8 just yet and I am not paying full regular price for a product I was offered 20% off on a few hours prior.

I am now back on hold. SMH.
Apr 15, 2010
259 posts
81 upvotes
Burlington
Persistence paid off! Had to call in twice.

Started off the phone call with "I would like to purchase the V8 Absolute but I don't see it on your site. I've noticed that you've been offering other people the V8 Animal with the soft roller head for $399?" She responded with "Alright, do you own any Dyson products? I said no, this would be my first but my work has a lot of Dyson products" And I just started giving all my information and got a confirmation. I also confirmed that "So I'll be getting the V8 Animal with the soft roller head right?" To which she responded that's correct, which essentially makes it the V8 Absolute.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1564 posts
244 upvotes
Vaughan
Ended up getting this deal. Waited about 5 minutes for an agent, started with the same spiel as @SpykeYs and no issues getting the soft roller included. Then I asked if they could do something about the 10% ebates (I know it's only 8% right now) and the fact that purchasing online comes with another free tool. Asked if I could place the order online to get the CB and then give her the conf# to add the soft roller and she said no. But she did throw in the extra tool (I chose the extension hose).

So $451 after tax I get the V8 animal + extension hose + soft roller. I'm good with that. Should have it all by mid next week.

Thanks again OP and @SpykeYs.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1235 posts
320 upvotes
Decided that I don't need the V10 motor head. But wondering if I should call back and ask for the extension hose.
Dec 22, 2007
654 posts
311 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
Hi !

I was able to place another order for

V10 Motorhead (Is it better than V8 absolute??)
Soft roller
Dok

479$ + tx

I’ll probably cancel my 399$ order for the V8 with soft roller.

Happy camper
May 4, 2015
17 posts
8 upvotes
North York, ON
Is the DOK listed on your order confirmation?
Dec 22, 2007
654 posts
311 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
Sparky724 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 6:42 pm
Is the DOK listed on your order confirmation?
My CC was charged but did not receive my receipt yet. I will let you know shortly.

Now need to go google V10 motorhead vs absolute... i have motor head is still good performance vs absolute.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1235 posts
320 upvotes
So I called back orginally to change to my order to the V10 Motorhead. But agent said the V8 animal with soft roller was a better deal. Came with more accessories and better motor. She said if I got a V10 obsolute then it would be worth upgrading Not sure if she was just feeding me BS. But figured would keep the V8 with soft roller. As if she could also throw in the extension hose and she said yes. So 459$ tax in. Thanks again to everyone who posted deal and updates.
Images
  • Screenshot_20181123-185343~2.png
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
2845 posts
25 upvotes
Dok was not listed on my confirmation. Guess I’ll call tomorrow and get it fixed or cancelled.
I had the guy repeat what was included too, ah well!