Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dyson

Pre Black Friday Sale: Save $200 on Dyson V7 Animal Pro

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2018 10:34 pm
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1367 posts
2419 upvotes
Vancouver
I talked to the Dyson rep at Bellingham Costco yesterday about the US$100 off this coming Friday on the V8 (reg US$400). It's on the Costco Holiday coupon book. He said the V10 would have "unadvertised sale" as well. Will be interesting to check out the V10. However, since I am not staying overnight, the purchase of the V10 may trigger the border guy sending me to go inside to pay duties & taxes. If I only buy the V8, it seems less likely I need to go in the office to pay.
Jan 2, 2014
929 posts
679 upvotes
Ugh my girlfriend jumped on the V7 deal.... should I hassle her to return it for the V8?
May 20, 2018
284 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i got V7 from dyson website ? can i return it and get a v8 from bestbuy ???
Petrohead to EV-head , if there is one.
Apr 25, 2007
147 posts
53 upvotes
GTA
wranglery wrote: I talked to the Dyson rep at Bellingham Costco yesterday about the US$100 off this coming Friday on the V8 (reg US$400). It's on the Costco Holiday coupon book. He said the V10 would have "unadvertised sale" as well. Will be interesting to check out the V10. However, since I am not staying overnight, the purchase of the V10 may trigger the border guy sending me to go inside to pay duties & taxes. If I only buy the V8, it seems less likely I need to go in the office to pay.
wonder if Costco here will have similar sale to USA?
Costco V8 Total Clean (exclusive model) is currently $549.99 in-store ($559.99 online) - looks like it's the V8 Animal + some extra attachments.
If it's on sale at Costco here for $400-450, I'll probably buy from Costco...for the extra attachments and hassle free return. Like many others, what I really really want is the V10 Absolute! Let's see what the V10 sale price will be!
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
Got a tip from the OLED TV thread that Vision is currently matching BB's BF V8 pricing of $399.

Returned the V7 this morning to CT and just picked up the V8 Animal. No need to wait till the madness next Friday.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
Bellyhungry wrote: Got a tip from the OLED TV thread that Vision is currently matching BB's BF V8 pricing of $399.

Returned the V7 this morning to CT and just picked up the V8 Animal. No need to wait till the madness next Friday.
what madness.. isn't everyone online shopping..lol
Sep 25, 2017
165 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
Bellyhungry wrote: Got a tip from the OLED TV thread that Vision is currently matching BB's BF V8 pricing of $399.

I guess you're going to price protection the differences.

Careful with that:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/lowes ... tection;en
The product must be in stock, available for sale, and cannot be a limited time offer or available only in limited quantity.
Dyson v8 it is currently flagged: Limited quantities available

Canadian Tires, last I check one of the store they have 180 qty in stock for V8 Animal. That is a lot and I don't know if they are going to be on sales.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
DJRMITO wrote: I guess you're going to price protection the differences.

Careful with that:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/lowes ... tection;en

Dyson v8 it is currently flagged: Limited quantities available

Canadian Tires, last I check one of the store they have 180 qty in stock for V8 Animal. That is a lot and I don't know if they are going to be on sales.
I am not sure I follow. Can you elaborate?
Sep 25, 2017
165 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
Bellyhungry wrote: I am not sure I follow. Can you elaborate?
Were you buying the V8 Animal from BestBuy before Black Friday then try to bring in the receipt for a refund the differences?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5758 upvotes
How much does the soft or fluffy head attachment cost for the v8? I bought the V7 Absolute from the Bay and that attachment is pretty vital
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
DJRMITO wrote: Were you buying the V8 Animal from BestBuy before Black Friday then try to bring in the receipt for a refund the differences?
I bought the V8 from Visions the store as they were willing to match the Best Buy Black Friday price today.
Sep 25, 2017
165 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
Bellyhungry wrote: I bought the V8 from Visions the store as they were willing to match the Best Buy Black Friday price today.
Which store in GTA (if you're in Toronto)? I don't see the model on the website.

The Floofy (Fluffy) attachment is probably $150 cad alone.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
DJRMITO wrote: Which store in GTA (if you're in Toronto)? I don't see the model on the website.

I bought them at the Dundas/Dixie store.
Oct 11, 2007
79 posts
20 upvotes
If that attachment is $150 itself, why would anyone return their Bay day v7 over this deal?

Is the v8 that much better?
DJRMITO wrote: Which store in GTA (if you're in Toronto)? I don't see the model on the website.

Sep 25, 2017
165 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
ThaaCandyman wrote: If that attachment is $150 itself, why would anyone return their Bay day v7 over this deal?

Is the v8 that much better?
Both v7 v8 animal don't have that fluffy. For me, I don't need the fluffy since I mob the kitchen ceramic, I don't have wooden floor so I guess each their own.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1873 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver
I contacted Dyson.
To avoid requesting for a return shipping label, first refuse the package by Purolator. Call the Dyson support line and request a refund.

My order just shipped today. Worse case scenario, someone accepts the package, request for return label, and personally drop off the V7 at Purolator.

I got $35 from ebates. So it's $85 extra to go V8.
Oct 16, 2011
579 posts
403 upvotes
I got a V6 (brand new) during the eBay factory deals for $200 plus tax (when factoring eBay discount and eBates).

I usually use Swiffer for my hardwood floors, is it really worth upgrading to a V7 or V8 with a fluffy head for the floors? Swiffer usually seems to be working fine.

I’m considering selling the V6 on Craigslist and upgrading if it’s worth it.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
The v7 animal has around 25% less suction than the V8 and higher models. I found the sale price compelling but the more I read the more I realized it wasn't a deal.
Mar 14, 2018
864 posts
1207 upvotes
I have the ball from Costco which came with tons of accessories. Does anyone know if those accessories work with the V6/7/8/10 as well?
Oct 7, 2003
490 posts
323 upvotes
I’ve got both the absolute and pro just don’t see the value with the fluffy head on hardwood doesn’t the regular attachment capable for both carpet and hardwood?

Rather just return the absolute to save $65 or so

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)