Expired Hot Deals

[Dyson] Dyson: Refurbished Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum $209.99 + Free Shipping (Restocked!)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2013 11:09 am
Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2008
823 posts
84 upvotes
ON
Ordered...thank you :D

A perfect vacuum for the small apartment lol
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
1193 posts
138 upvotes
Kanata
very tempting, my only concern is the battery life, since it'll be for our seldom-used basement, if I leave it on the charger most of time, will it shorten its battery life?
Oct 6, 2011
24 posts
25 upvotes
just letting you know that a replacement battery can be purchase on eBay for about $40 so if it starts to lose it's juice in a few years, $40 can make it like-new again!
Nov 19, 2009
430 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this last time and I love it. I have an 800 sqft place and have never had trouble vacuuming it all. Battery has never run out. Plus because it's wall mountable, it hides nicely in a closet. One of the best RFD purchases I've ever made.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18309 posts
1119 upvotes
I have this and can comment on it:

- I use this as my secondary vacuum to clean up little spots, random dust bunnies and for quick touch-up
- while suction is good (picks up dust, pet hair, mud, rocks), it still doesn't compare to a canister vacuum (which is my main vacuum)
- battery life is 15 mins as advertised, beauty is it doesn't lose power as the battery is drained, still sucks at the same power consistently
- holding down the trigger is required to use the vacuum, it can get kind of tiring
- good for cleaning the car, lots of attachments and the long narrow head is good for crevices, nooks and crannies...

If your original battery dies or you want a secondary battery, look on Amazon.ca....there is a 3rd party that is rated pretty good and only costs about $10-15....nothing beats OEM but for a 3rd party, it works in a pinch (too lazy to find the exact one, it was previously mentioned by a RFDer)
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1136 posts
139 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
I bought one at Costco last month. I use it for the upstairs, since I hate lugging around the Kenmore canister.

Pros:

It cleans almost as well as the Kenmore, which was a top rated model when I bought it around 2003, but I have to use the "max" setting on our very dense carpeting.
It's great for cleaning bare floors, especially the bathrooms because you can close the doors easily and get the junk behind them.
Battery life is as advertised. The charger supposedly doesn't overcharge, which helps greatly with keeping the battery working properly long-term.
The small head is actually great, because it makes it very maneuverable.
The small motorized head addon is fantastic for vacuuming the stairs.
The canister holds a lot.
I can actually almost vacuum the whole house (2000 sq ft.) with one charge.

Cons:

I hate the bagless system. It makes a mess when I empty it.
I wish the head had just a tiny bit more clearance from the floor. It has difficulty picking up stuff that's thicker than 1.5mm.
It can't suction stuff up if you have the head off, if you're trying to pick up larger debris.

For $209 though, that's a smoking wicked price and well worth the money.
Dec 28, 2008
574 posts
104 upvotes
Rural Ontario
Quick question: do the attachments from the main upright models fit this cordless one? (ie: crevice tool, small brush, etc)
"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Build model airplanes!" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a hundred times." - Tommy Boy.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2695 posts
492 upvotes
Montreal
Couldn't resist any longer ... bought one. Thanks OP (I guess ... <wallet hurting>)!

BTW, where does this offer come from? ... I mean if you navigate the Dyson site and look for refurbs you won't find the DC35 listed.

-GT
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
2834 posts
938 upvotes
thanks
If I have answered your question, Hit THANKS!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3105 posts
69 upvotes
dustinbp96 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2013 11:39 am
just letting you know that a replacement battery can be purchase on eBay for about $40 so if it starts to lose it's juice in a few years, $40 can make it like-new again!
Hey there, do you have a link to the battery you bought?
Thx
Jul 29, 2008
51 posts
5 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote:
Jan 16th, 2013 2:45 pm
Thx Kate, I bought one the last time you posted....love the Dyson, perfect for my condo...

Don't forget to click on the green CASHBBACK link when buying, I forgot last time and didn't get my CASHBACK....
On what page is there a link for cashback? I couldnt find it

Thanks
Oct 31, 2002
793 posts
7 upvotes
thanks. just what i've been looking for.
Mar 18, 2007
192 posts
39 upvotes
EdmontonEdmonton
Thank you for posting this - ended up buying one.
× < >