Expired Hot Deals

[Dyson] Dyson: Refurbished Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum $209.99 + Free Shipping (Restocked!)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2013 11:09 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3224 posts
329 upvotes
Belleville
dragynslayer wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:57 am
I ordered mine last Friday but didnt' get a notice yet that it's shipped. Should I wait for a confirmation email?
As opposed to what?
Aug 30, 2008
793 posts
79 upvotes
ON
Well I ordered mine when the thread got posted and it shipped out on the 21st. It was a little slower than I anticipated, but it's okay. I just hope mine's not too banged up and comes with some tools to help me clear the car as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1444 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough
I have the DC34, and really want to get this one, but can't justify getting it right now...
Btw, the DC34 is awesome... way better than the original DC30.

I'll just wait for a deal on the DC45...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Mar 18, 2007
190 posts
32 upvotes
EdmontonEdmonton
capturetheflag wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:54 am
Got mine yesterday and used it last night. Worked great. Everything looked to be in brand new condition except the plastic dust canister was cracked/scratched on the inside. Doesn't look like it will effect structural integrity. So far really happy with it.
They are clear that the canisters may be hazy or have some scratches or scratches on the machine, but I can't see that a cracked canister would fit the refurbished line: "Each one meets Dyson's high standards and comes with a full set of on-board tools." Personally I would call and ask them on that as $209 is still $209. You don't want it to spread on year 3 then have to jump through hoops to personally find the part.

I haven't received a shipping notice yet (only the receipt) - ordered on Saturday the 19th. The DC35 will supplement my DC14 which is still going strong and working perfect after 7 years (new post motor filter is on the way for that one too). Looking forward to receiving it.
Mar 18, 2007
190 posts
32 upvotes
EdmontonEdmonton
Slawek wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:18 pm
As opposed to what?
This got a real life LOL.
Oct 6, 2011
23 posts
25 upvotes
GT!! wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:48 am
What kind of condition was it in? Asking because I wonder if they aren't really new and that this is a way of selling at a discount while protecting margins on units sold to people who aren't price-sensitive. Obviously there could be some real refurbs, but it does seem weird that they would have so many available.

Looks like mine will arrive today.

-GT
Hi GT,

It is definitely refurbished. There are little scratches along the canister and the vacuum head shows normal wear from bumping it into walls and stuff but everything is functionable like a brand new unit!
Jan 28, 2003
858 posts
78 upvotes
Markham
wlee wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 3:21 pm
OOS now :!:
did you go online or did you call?
if you go online its OOS but if you can they have?
or thats what was last told by a user earlier...calling they have tons in stock...please update as im on the fence...but if its OOS by phone then they are really sold out!
thanks!
Sandviper
Sep 3, 2002
247 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
sandviper wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 3:26 pm
did you go online or did you call?
if you go online its OOS but if you can they have?
I just called in about 1.5 hours ago and was able to order one.

I was on the fence as well, but figured I could use a smaller and more compact secondary vacuum instead of lugging out the canister giant every single time.
You have died.
Your deeds of valor shall be remembered.
Press any key to continue.
Jan 3, 2006
236 posts
80 upvotes
Halifax
I just called and they still have them available but she insisted that it does not come with the other heads, just the one that is attached to it. I mentioned to her that a friend bought it with the other heads and she said nope. :| What do they do with used Dyson vacuum heads?

This is no good for me since I wanted to use it to clean my Taxi Van.
Jul 2, 2010
33 posts
25 upvotes
i ordered one this morning and they had it in stock!
Mar 18, 2007
190 posts
32 upvotes
EdmontonEdmonton
Received my shipping notice, so it is about 3-4 days between order and notice of shipping. I just assumed it came with the dock, motorized head, crevice tool and the Combination tool (brush) - Has anyone received it and not had those items in the refurbished package?
Dec 6, 2003
600 posts
194 upvotes
Ottawa
dustinbp96 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 2:15 pm
Hi GT,

It is definitely refurbished. There are little scratches along the canister and the vacuum head shows normal wear from bumping it into walls and stuff but everything is functionable like a brand new unit!
Mine arrived yesterday and I got lucky. I didn't see any evidence of it being previously used.

It works well! I used it on a carpeted area by the back door and picked up a bunch of sand and dog hair that my other vacuum wasn't picking up.
Mar 18, 2007
190 posts
32 upvotes
EdmontonEdmonton
kohnan wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 4:52 pm
Mine arrived yesterday and I got lucky. I didn't see any evidence of it being previously used.

It works well! I used it on a carpeted area by the back door and picked up a bunch of sand and dog hair that my other vacuum wasn't picking up.
What came with it? Dock? Crevice Tool? Combo/Brush Tool?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
1181 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary
Slawek wrote:
Jan 21st, 2013 7:51 am
Sometimes a customer buys one, realizes its purple and returns it. Other times they open the box and realize the plastic wrap is punctured so they return it. Other times the machine fails due to a broken component. You really never know. The one thing to know is this is their refurb process;

Dyson refurbished vacuums have been stripped down, cleaned out, reassembled and thoroughly tested. They’re restored to a fully functional condition. In short, they are everything a Dyson machine should be- they work properly and don’t lose suction. Dyson refurbishes vacuums that are returned to us by retailers or consumers. Refurbishing these machines, rather than disposing of them, means that the parts and materials are re-used instead of wasted.

When a machine comes to us to be refurbished, it is first stripped down as far as necessary. Components removed from the machine that meet our high standards of quality are kept and cleaned. Most damaged or broken components are sent away for recycling. The core of the machine is thoroughly cleaned and new parts are added to replace damaged or cosmetically unacceptable parts discovered during the stripping down process.

Just like our brand new machines, the rebuilt machine then undergoes a comprehensive series of electrical and performance tests to ensure that it works as it should. For our vacuums, one of the tests carried out is a suction test. All refurbished vacuums are electrically tested in compliance with electrical and safety requirements. One of the primary differences between a new Dyson machine and a refurbished Dyson machine is its appearance– a scratch here or there or a slightly clouded bin may provide a clue that it has been previously used. After it has passed all of the tests, the machine is then packaged and sent out.
FYI -

I ordered one about 4 months ago - came with :
Vacuum
- Charger
- Long Extension
- Vacuum head
- Crevice head
- brush head (good for cleaning the car)
- wall mount
- manual

Pretty happy with it - it looked new out of the package - strong suction

Initially thought that I was imagining that the power switch cuts out occasionally - but it was not a consistent issue
Mentioned it to my wife last week and she said the same thing
Call Dyson from work and they said I need to run a bunch of test with them on the phone

Their support hours don't fit with my schedule in Calgary so I need to find time to call them back
By the time I get home, the support line is closed and I cannot call on the weekend as I am out of the city.
Vacuum still works but it cuts out, but I will bear with it until I can contact them
:lol:

Calgary, AB
× < >