Off Topic Archive

Locked: E-Cigarette NuSmoke, is it a scam?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2012 12:59 am
Tags:
None
Aug 31, 2010
291 posts
6 upvotes
I tried everything from E-Cigs (fail), Hypno Therapy, Nico Gum, Candy, Patch... etc...
More than 1 pack per day for 15 years...
Now I am Nicotine free (no patches, gum, smoke, etc... at all... ZERO) for more than 2 years...
The only method that works (along with major lifestyle changes and YES you may have to dump some smoking friends or hobbies)
is COLD TURKEY!!!!
All other methods (that keep nicotine in your system) merely change or slow the delivery method, but make no mistake about it, you are still an ADDICT!
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2330 posts
233 upvotes
Ajax
I get all my stuff from http://www.e-cigarette-china.com

The prices are WAY better than the sites in the USA.

I got the joy ego t with refillable tanks. Very nice.

The ejuice ships through just fine too.

Even deal extreme juice arrives no problems.
Jan 9, 2012
2 posts
NORTH YORK
zungis23 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 11:56 am
My mom wanted quit smoking. I bought this from Teambuy. Once it got in, we tried everything to work it and it was a complete dud. No proper instructions and the filters did not last more than 3 or 4 "puffs" AND no smoke.

My parents ACTUALLY went to the Richmond Hill address to complain because they never responded to emails. Guess what... No such unit or place. AND... when they asked around, several people working around there were saying that many ppl have come by to look for them... but they never existed there...

You decide. Scam or not?

Well finally I got an answer from them. I actually had to contact the website that offered the deal and they got a hold of them and they send me an email. But guess what now? If I want to get my money back, I have to pay to deliver them the box e-cigarrete and not only that, i have to send them the tracking number which means more money. What a waste of time and money. I recommend you to tell your parents to do the samething, if they didn't bought it directly from them. I also found a website from Canada where you can report them, I will look for it and send it to you. Companies like that keep stealing people's money because consumers give up and let them get away with it. I also plan to do a review of the product on youtube, this way people can have a real review of the product and not the reviews that this company have in their website which are completely fake.
[OP]
Jan 16, 2010
303 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
zungis23 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 11:56 am
My mom wanted quit smoking. I bought this from Teambuy. Once it got in, we tried everything to work it and it was a complete dud. No proper instructions and the filters did not last more than 3 or 4 "puffs" AND no smoke.

My parents ACTUALLY went to the Richmond Hill address to complain because they never responded to emails. Guess what... No such unit or place. AND... when they asked around, several people working around there were saying that many ppl have come by to look for them... but they never existed there...

You decide. Scam or not?

Wow, amazing. I know it's some time ago, but I'm really glad now that I didn't get these! I got some from the US, the ones made in China sucked, hardcore, but the one made in the US was half decent. Anyways, wasn't for me, was just the feedback that I got from the friend I got them for, being a non smoker I'd never try one of these, just like I'd never try a cigarette.

I wonder if any of the deal of the day website's do ANY background checks on the companies that they support.

From what I understand, deal of the day companies receive the money, then they forward the cash to the advertised product's owner, and they keep a cut. That being said, RFD MUST know a valid address for the product owner, since they would have had to send them a check!

If anyone wanted compensation, that's how I'd do it, go through the group buy site, or program, that you got it through, and make them forward you the companie's info! If I were a group buy manager, I wouldn't want the negative PR that could be established by a series of dissatisfied customers, since that would most certainly make them loose face.... Anyways, just sayin' ;)
"We'll always have Paris." :cool:

kaku.ca online movie rentals
-Same price for DVDs & Blu-Rays
-Refills available on all plans
[OP]
Jan 16, 2010
303 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
naty696 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2012 6:02 pm
Well finally I got an answer from them. I actually had to contact the website that offered the deal and they got a hold of them and they send me an email. But guess what now? If I want to get my money back, I have to pay to deliver them the box e-cigarrete and not only that, i have to send them the tracking number which means more money. What a waste of time and money. I recommend you to tell your parents to do the samething, if they didn't bought it directly from them. I also found a website from Canada where you can report them, I will look for it and send it to you. Companies like that keep stealing people's money because consumers give up and let them get away with it. I also plan to do a review of the product on youtube, this way people can have a real review of the product and not the reviews that this company have in their website which are completely fake.

Good call, didn't get to page 2 before making my commend lol

Good idea to make a youtube review, there seems to be a lot for e-cigs on there.
"We'll always have Paris." :cool:

kaku.ca online movie rentals
-Same price for DVDs & Blu-Rays
-Refills available on all plans
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7002 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
It's funny, I bought an HDSmoke to use in the summer car cause I don't smoke in it (and still haven't to this day :D , it smells so good inside) but I found that whenever I used it, I wanted a real cigarette that much more so I just got rid of it (garbage can).

I am going to buy the patches this weekend to kind of ween myself off of smoking, I actually do want to quit for health and financial reasons, and I've found that so many people in the last few years have quit smoking already and a lot of people are turned off by it now. Entered the driven to quit challenge yesterday!

Now excuse me while I go have a cigarette.
Nov 29, 2010
1 posts
Barrie Ontario
I bought two of these kits with extra cartridges as well on the deal of the day. I received both of them yesterday; I also bought two extra cartrige packs one menthol and one tobacco but received 2 menthol with a sticky note saying Tobacco flavour out of stock.
Both of them work fine but I have only used them for a day make sure you charge them first.
This product was shipped from Texas according to my packaging; only the billing address is in Richmond Hill.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14338 posts
1292 upvotes
Oshawa
Any business that has to hide behind an anonymous domain registration is automatically suspect.

WHOIS

Registered through: Cheap-DomainRegistration.com
Domain Name: E-SMOKECANADA.COM
Created on: 12-Oct-11
Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration E-SMOKECANADA.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains By Proxy, LLC
DomainsByProxy.com
Blacklisted brands: Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Vizio
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
9212 posts
230 upvotes
Brampton
It blew up in one dudes mouth, beware.
"The gentleman had sustained burns to his mouth and lips. He had evidently lost some teeth," said Division Chief Joseph Parker with the North Bay Fire Department.

Parker said the explosion also blew off a chunk of Holloway's tongue and set numerous parts of his office on fire.
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_n ... -explosion
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
I'm not sure anything could replace the satisfying feeling of thick tar building up inside my lungs with each breath.

Definitely a scam.
Listening to UkBassRadio NsbRadio ProtonRadio Tosi - TheCrypt

Oh... you must be a better internetter than everyone else. You get paid to be here.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7002 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
Kris81 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2012 1:08 pm
I use hdsmoke & it's pretty good ($60 for the start up kit).

A friend of mine uses greensmoke & loves it, but the start up cost is about $140.

This coming from 2 people who used to smoke a pack a day. Can't speak on behalf of nusmoke though.

I had the HDsmoke thing and it made me want a real cigarette even more
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1335 posts
40 upvotes
York Region
i really doubt that any group buy companies will do anything about Nu-smoke...my sister and i bought each of the specials...it's such a rip off! I bought it in November as i didnt want to out on the special...silly me!
Nov 12, 2011
1 posts
CALGARY
I bought their product from Dealfind and it was great! The vapor flavors a wonderful (I especially enjoyed the Cherry). There is no nicotine in the product just a nice flavor but it does produce a nice smoke and feels like a nice deep inhale like a cigarette. I suggest buying extra atomizers when you order. Only issue I had was it took 6 weeks for the product to arrive!
joeyr wrote:
Dec 6th, 2011 7:57 pm
I see this company all over the deal websites, RDF included in a past deal.
Can't seem to find Any unbiased reviews on them however!

I'd like to try their product, but not if it sucks, or if it's just an outright scam.

Here's their website: http://e-smokecanada.com -> it in itself looks sketch, but it may just be a low cost startup who did their own web design. I've purchased items from cheap looking sites and received amazing products, so I don't want to base it all on that either.
Basically a copy of their american website: http://nu-smoke.net

Anyone had any experience with this particular company? pls reply soon, the latest deal on kijiji ends tonight.
× < >