Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
599 posts
164 upvotes
Longueuil

E*Trade Canada question

I got a quick question for you. I sent an application by mail last week for an optimizer account (4.15%) at E*Trade. Today I got an e-mail from them with my id and password. I can log into the site but then I see that I don't have any open account. I also checked and they didn't cash my cheque yet. Is this normal and I have to wait or should I simply contact them to get more info tomorrow when they are open?

Thanks
3 replies
Jul 7, 2004
197 posts
5 upvotes
Happened to me too, and the cheque cleared a few days after. Just give them a call, that's the fastest way to find out what's happening with your account.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2004
1914 posts
JEDI Force wrote:
Sep 5th, 2007 11:02 pm
I got a quick question for you. I sent an application by mail last week for an optimizer account (4.15%) at E*Trade. Today I got an e-mail from them with my id and password. I can log into the site but then I see that I don't have any open account. I also checked and they didn't cash my cheque yet. Is this normal and I have to wait or should I simply contact them to get more info tomorrow when they are open?

Thanks
Yes it is normal (because it takes a while for them to process anything).

There may be more then one reason your account is not fully opened and cheque not yet deposited, it is best to call around 4:30PM when it is less busy and ask what the status is.
They are actually opened till 12 midnight. But call before 6PM, the night shifts are sometimes part time and may not fully understand what they are talking about.

If you have any further questions, check out the thread to see if its already answered.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=457645
[OP]
Feb 25, 2004
599 posts
164 upvotes
Longueuil
Thanks for your quick replies. I just got back from work and noticed that my optimizer account is now opened so you were right!

Thanks for the link to the other thread, lots of info in there.