PC & Video Games

E3 2017 Thread: June 10th - June 14th. New game reveals and announcements.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2017 10:59 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6037 posts
1319 upvotes

E3 2017 Thread: June 10th - June 14th. New game reveals and announcements.

Tentative schedule:

Streams: more to be added later
https://www.youtube.com/E3
https://www.twitch.tv/event/e3
http://live.playstation.com/

Annual EA Conference:

Pre-E3 2017 - announced so far:

- Microsoft to reveal the XBox Scorpio onstage.
- Nintendo to feature Super Mario Odyssey and it will be playable at the event.

Reggie Fils-Aime on Nintendo's plans for E3:
“Our various E3 activities will showcase the next steps for Nintendo Switch, from a summer of social competitive gaming to a holiday season highlighted by a milestone Mario adventure,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “With Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, fans at home can watch in-depth gameplay of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games launching this year.”

Past recent E3s:

E3 2015 had the best content and games announcements.
Improbable announcements of FF7 Remake, Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian even though it ended up being not as good as Shadow of the Coloussus, etc.

E3 2016 had most of its big reveals leaked a few days before the conferences (PS4 Pro, God of War reboot with Norse Mythology,
Sony PS4 exclusive Spider-man game).

Top 10 countdown of the all-time worst or most embarrassing E3 moments:

Last edited by XFactor11 on May 11th, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
282 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3540 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Any RFD peeps heading to E3 this year? I'm going as public since they opened up tickets this year.
Expensive I know, but it was one of those bucket lists items just to be there.
Anybody got hookups for attending press conferences? ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1682 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
My predictions:

Sony
- PS4 Pro price dropped to $350 USD
- Ability to change PSN names (feature only available on PS4)
- Knack 2, Gran Turismo Sport and Spiderman offically confirmed for Fall
- Days Gone releasing Q1 2018
- Bloodborne 2 announced
- God of War 4 and Detroit: Become Human get vague 2018 release dates
- Sony announces a new game with one of their PS1, PS2 or PSP-era IPs (i.e. Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Locoroco, Patapon etc)
- Final Fantasy 7 remake demo later in the year

Nintendo

- Starts with reminder that ARMS coming out that week
- More Splatoon 2 information
- Paid online service and cloud save features announced
- Successor to virtual console announced, HD NES, SNES games with online leaderboards
- More Joy-con colours
- Mario/Rabbids and Fire Emblem Warriors confirmed as Fall releases
- Skyrim quietly announced for December, no special edition, no mods
- Bayonetta 1+2 remastered, releasing this Fall
- Super Mario Odyssey delayed till 2018
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases in the West in Early 2018
- Super Smash Bros Melee HD and Eternal Darkness HD announced
- Pokemon Stars and Pokken Tournament for Switch announced for 2018
- Fire Emblem Switch gets a title
- Pikmin 4 re-confirmed
- Next Camelot Mario sports game announced
- Retro Studio new IP for Early 2018, also an announcement that they have begun to work on a new 2D Metroid
- Some random Kirby game
- Physical release of Snipperclips
- Animal Crossing mobile releasing this Fall
- Animal Crossing Switch announced, no major details, but some connectivity with mobile game
Last edited by heywhatsmyname on May 12th, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2040 posts
190 upvotes
heywhatsmyname wrote:
May 12th, 2017 1:58 pm
Nintendo
- Skyrim quietly announced for December, no special edition, no mods
- Super Mario Odyssey delayed till 2018
- Retro Studio new IP for Early 2018, also an announcement that they have begun to work on a new 2D Metroid
Unless Bethesda BS'ed the Switch Skyrim screens/footage thus far, we can already say pretty confidently that it's the Special Edition. No mods is a pretty obvious given though. I also can't see Super Mario Odyssey being delayed as it's flatly their entire holiday season. If we don't see whatever Retro has been working on, the studio is in serious trouble. They haven't sole-developed a game in seven years, and their last project was DKC: Tropical Freeze in 2014.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1682 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
Ascott wrote:
May 12th, 2017 2:29 pm
Unless Bethesda BS'ed the Switch Skyrim screens/footage thus far, we can already say pretty confidently that it's the Special Edition. No mods is a pretty obvious given though. I also can't see Super Mario Odyssey being delayed as it's flatly their entire holiday season. If we don't see whatever Retro has been working on, the studio is in serious trouble. They haven't sole-developed a game in seven years, and their last project was DKC: Tropical Freeze in 2014.
Bethesda couldn't confirm nor deny that Skyrim on Switch is going to special edition. If it was going to be the "Special Edition", Nintendo and Bethesda would have touted that confidently. I have a feeling it will be marketed something completely different....perhaps labelled as "Switch Edition".

I could see Mario Odyssey releasing in November. But I have a feeling it will be delayed till Spring. Nintendo is feeling confident about the Switch, they don't need to rush Mario for Fall. With the Mario/Rabbids title releasing this year, they may want to space out their Mario releases. Fire Emblem Warriors and a couple of remasters could fill in the release gap.

I believe Retro will show something this E3. Their long absence is why I'm predicting they will announce two games during this conference - a new IP and a Metroid game.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4832 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
Im mainly hyped for Nintendo's press conference this year.
I want to know what Nintendos plans are for the virtual console and I want an announcement for a Pokemon Sun/Moon port to Nintendo Switch.

Also give me more info on Sea of Thieves including a release date, The ongoing beta is :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and I want to know what fun stuff they have planned for that game.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6037 posts
1319 upvotes
SuckaB wrote:
May 12th, 2017 11:47 am
Any RFD peeps heading to E3 this year? I'm going as public since they opened up tickets this year.
Expensive I know, but it was one of those bucket lists items just to be there.
Anybody got hookups for attending press conferences? ;)
The 15,000 public E3 passes that were up for sale to the public have already sold out.
The tickets were around $250 USD each for the event (admission for all 4 days included).

Only the business VIP passes (must be able to prove that it is work related) are still being sold for $995 USD for each ticket.

Source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1374333

Last edited by XFactor11 on May 15th, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3540 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
yep... im gonna have so much "fun" swimming in crowds of ppl.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5992 posts
1695 upvotes
Canada
"- Ability to change PSN names (feature only available on PS4)"

What are you basing that on?
Apr 16, 2017
151 posts
156 upvotes
Excited for surprises.

I don't care much about what Microsoft is going to do - Scorpio doesn't appeal to me, and unless they reveal a long list of games that aren't just their yearly shooters, they've lost me.

Sony always has great thing to announce...that are four years out. So it's good to see what's in the future, but annoying because you won't be able to play them for a long while. Hoping they actually announce upcoming games. I'd be surprised if PS VR gets a mention - if it doesn't, consider it dead like the Vita.

Nintendo is who I'm most excited for, and I think most people are as well. There's a lot riding on what they're going to do here. Too long of a list of things I'd be excited for, so let's see.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6019 posts
810 upvotes
Grimsby
Excited for surprises.

I don't care much about what Microsoft is going to do - Scorpio doesn't appeal to me, and unless they reveal a long list of games that aren't just their yearly shooters, they've lost me.

Sony always has great thing to announce...that are four years out. So it's good to see what's in the future, but annoying because you won't be able to play them for a long while. Hoping they actually announce upcoming games. I'd be surprised if PS VR gets a mention - if it doesn't, consider it dead like the Vita.

Nintendo is who I'm most excited for, and I think most people are as well. There's a lot riding on what they're going to do here. Too long of a list of things I'd be excited for, so let's see.
Hmmm. Sounds familiar.
So there's a major unannounced AAA that Microsoft has marketing on. Not bad Xbox. Bring on E3.
I hope its something a little outside of their usual wheelhouse.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4832 posts
648 upvotes
calgary
Im pretty sure that marketing deal is for the new Assassins Creed.

I'll never understand how fan's of these things give two craps about marketing deals. I get why platform holders do these deals but it doesnt make a lick of difference to the consumer in the end.

Anyways Sony has RDR, CoD, and Star Wars Battlefront, I don't think MS can compete with that.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1682 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
raspeed wrote:
May 15th, 2017 4:42 pm
"- Ability to change PSN names (feature only available on PS4)"

What are you basing that on?
I've listened to a Kinda Funny podcast earlier this year where hosts Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty claimed that there was chatter that the ability to change PSN names will be announced this year. These guys are well connected with the PlayStation industry, so this is not a rumour to easily dismiss.

But we'll see what happens.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5335 posts
1737 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:40 am
Anyways Sony has RDR, CoD, and Star Wars Battlefront, I don't think MS can compete with that.
Gears 5, Forza 7, Halo 6, let's goooo!

Seriously though wouldn't RDR, COD, and Battlefront be on Xbox anyways? Maybe MS will have some big third party publisher reveals on their show as well