PC & Video Games

E3 2017 Thread: June 10th - June 14th. New game reveals and announcements.

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2017 5:22 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2919 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:40 am
Im pretty sure that marketing deal is for the new Assassins Creed.

I'll never understand how fan's of these things give two craps about marketing deals. I get why platform holders do these deals but it doesnt make a lick of difference to the consumer in the end.

Anyways Sony has RDR, CoD, and Star Wars Battlefront, I don't think MS can compete with that.
Sony has Destiny 2 exclusive too IIRC... Didn't realize they also had Star Wars Battlefront. I would've thought maybe EA would throw Xbone a bone since they're doing EA Access...
PSN: M̶1̶G̶O̶m̶i̶g̶s̶ | XBox Live: M1GO
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
May 9, 2007
673 posts
173 upvotes
heywhatsmyname wrote:
May 12th, 2017 1:58 pm
My predictions:

Sony
- God of War 4 and Detroit: Become Human get vague 2018 release dates
According to a tweet by the game's Director, God of War 4 has been playable from start to finish since December 2016. I can't see them taking longer than a year to polish, balance and playtest the game.

SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 16th, 2017 10:40 am
Im pretty sure that marketing deal is for the new Assassins Creed.

I'll never understand how fan's of these things give two craps about marketing deals. I get why platform holders do these deals but it doesnt make a lick of difference to the consumer in the end.

Anyways Sony has RDR, CoD, and Star Wars Battlefront, I don't think MS can compete with that.
You forgot probably the biggest one of them all, Destiny 2.

I think the problem with Microsoft is that they just go after games that nobody cares about. Assassin's Creed is played out. That series was done many games ago and peaked with AC 4 Black Flag. Compare that with the games that Sony has and MS can't compete. Instead of wasting that money just invest it into some 1st party studios and give gamers some unique experiences.

This video explains it best. Microsoft is confused and I've criticized Phil Spencer in the past but a company's lack of direction has to fall on the shoulders of it's leader.

heywhatsmyname wrote:
May 16th, 2017 2:49 pm
I've listened to a Kinda Funny podcast earlier this year where hosts Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty claimed that there was chatter that the ability to change PSN names will be announced this year. These guys are well connected with the PlayStation industry, so this is not a rumour to easily dismiss.

But we'll see what happens.
Colin Moriarty is still with Kinda Funny? I thought he was fired.
May 9, 2007
673 posts
173 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:42 pm
Gears 5, Forza 7, Halo 6, let's goooo!

Seriously though wouldn't RDR, COD, and Battlefront be on Xbox anyways? Maybe MS will have some big third party publisher reveals on their show as well
Yes games like RDR and COD are coming to Xbox anyways but the problem with marketing deals is that xbox owners will be locked out of exclusive content despite paying the same price for the exact same game. It's a BS practice and anti-consumer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5609 posts
1176 upvotes
Bryson wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:01 pm

Colin Moriarty started his own Patreon page and now makes $40,000 a month which is more than the crew at KindaFunnyGames makes ironically.
SJWs took a joke Moriarty wrote on the internet as an extremely sexist remark, while he says it was just a playful joke.

The people that backed him are against the SJWs who were easily offended.
Whatever happened to free speech? SJWs start crying over anything on the internet these days.

https://www.patreon.com/colinslaststand

Moriarty quit Kinda Funny Games because Greg Miller, his best friend, did not support him when the SJWs tried to smear him.
Moriarty supported Miller when Miller was going through cancer treatment but when this situation came up, Miller sided with the SJWs.

Summary of the events that lead to him quitting Kinda Funny Games:
https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/13/14911 ... xist-tweet

Moriarty only does commentary on Politics now and no longer covers games.

Last edited by XFactor11 on May 16th, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
May 9, 2007
673 posts
173 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:13 pm
Colin Moriarty started his own Patreon page and now makes $40,000 a month which is more than KindaFunnyGames makes ironically.
SJWs took a joke Moriarty wrote on the internet as an extremely sexist remark, while it was just a playful joke.

The people that backed him are against the SJWs who were easily offended.

https://www.patreon.com/colinslaststand

Moriarty quit Kinda Funny Games because Greg Miller, his best friend, did not support him when the SJWs tried to smear him.
Moriarty supported Miller when Miller was going through cancer treatment but when this situation came up, Miller sided with the SJWs.

Moriarty only does commentary on Politics now and no longer covers games.
Well to be fair I didn't find the joke to be that offensive but it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. I doubt the friends would have had a falling out over one joke. I still hope they both crash and burn. Miller for not supporting his friend and Moriarty for being an unfunny try hard douchebag, the latter probably being the reason for the split.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4634 posts
574 upvotes
Bryson wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:05 pm
Yes games like RDR and COD are coming to Xbox anyways but the problem with marketing deals is that xbox owners will be locked out of exclusive content despite paying the same price for the exact same game. It's a BS practice and anti-consumer.
"exclusive content" is such a joke, most of the time it's either some form of timed exclusivity or something akin to a preorder bonus.
I feel like the industry as a whole has moved away from it over the past few years.
ReeGee wrote:

Seriously though wouldn't RDR, COD, and Battlefront be on Xbox anyways? Maybe MS will have some big third party publisher reveals on their show as well
Yeah they will be, I was mainly referring exclusively to marketing deals on third party games. I see some merit in these platform holders doing them but as a consumer that stuff doesn't make any difference to me anyways.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1628 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:01 pm

It was a couple months back when he was still with Kinda Funny. If I'm not mistaken the PSN name rumour was casually announced during one of the PS I Love You episodes.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2919 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:

I'm still very hopeful that State of Decay 2 can be a good game... other than that, I have no idea what to expect anymore.
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1628 posts
420 upvotes
Toronto
I watched Kinda Funny on a regular basis and I could tell that Colin was not "feeling it" for sometime. He did not have much to say about games and was interested in political commentary more.

It was clear that Colin was just trying to get a rouse with his "joke". I don't think people were offended that its sexist, but people were upset at his attempt to bait others. He also seems to throw stones from a glass house. He can dish it (targets victim culture, political correctness etc), but he cannot take it (often claims he is being unfairly targeted/victimized).

I liked Colin's perspective on all things PlayStation. At his best, he brought a level of seriousness and depth that the other Kinda Funny members did not bring. The quality of the channel has declined.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4634 posts
574 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:49 pm

I'm still very hopeful that State of Decay 2 can be a good game... other than that, I have no idea what to expect anymore.
People all over are sleeping on Sea of Thieves but its gonna surprise some people when it finally comes out which is hopefully this year.
heywhatsmyname wrote:
May 16th, 2017 4:56 pm
I watched Kinda Funny on a regular basis and I could tell that Colin was not "feeling it" for sometime. He did not have much to say about games and was interested in political commentary more.

It was clear that Colin was just trying to get a rouse with his "joke". I don't think people were offended that its sexist, but people were upset at his attempt to bait others. He also seems to throw stones from a glass house. He can dish it (targets victim culture, political correctness etc), but he cannot take it (often claims he is being unfairly targeted/victimized).

I liked Colin's perspective on all things PlayStation. At his best, he brought a level of seriousness and depth that the other Kinda Funny members did not bring. The quality of the channel has declined.
I really enjoyed CM exclusively on KindaFunny but I agree with this, I had a lot of respect for him even after his not at all funny joke put him in hot water. But the fact that he has doubled down on it just to piss even more people off really rubbed me the wrong way. Also his political views are trash. Its too bad, Kindafunny is pretty bad without him.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
1959 posts
179 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
May 16th, 2017 5:02 pm
Sega bought Atlus last year, their other big announcement could be related to the Persona RPGS.
Sega Sammy bought Index corp. which owns Atlus back in 2013. The acquisition was completed last year, which is why Sega publishes Atlus games now.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
2919 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 16th, 2017 5:29 pm
People all over are sleeping on Sea of Thieves but its gonna surprise some people when it finally comes out which is hopefully this year.
I think what really turned me off from Sea of Thieves was the presentation at E3... I don't know, it just felt so fake with all those streamers interacting with each other... I'm sure it's a fun game, but also seems like one that you need to play with others to fully enjoy, kind of like how Ghost Recon Wildlands was. Thoughts? Do you play it with randoms, or do you have a group of friends that play with you? Unfortunately, most of my friends are on PS4, and the ones on Xbone likely wouldn't play this...
Gamervets.com
Dorkshelf.com
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5694 posts
653 upvotes
Grimsby
Sea of Thieves isn't even on my radar to be honest and Rare is a shell out of what it used to be. I want some high quality SP games from Microsoft, something a little outside of their usual wheelhouse. I'm hoping whatever their big announcement is for E3 is not that MMO I keep reading rumors about.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4486 posts
1286 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 17th, 2017 9:43 am
I think what really turned me off from Sea of Thieves was the presentation at E3... I don't know, it just felt so fake with all those streamers interacting with each other... I'm sure it's a fun game, but also seems like one that you need to play with others to fully enjoy, kind of like how Ghost Recon Wildlands was. Thoughts? Do you play it with randoms, or do you have a group of friends that play with you? Unfortunately, most of my friends are on PS4, and the ones on Xbone likely wouldn't play this...
Don't worry,@SpicYMchaggis and I will play it with you. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel