PC & Video Games

E3 2017 Thread: June 10th - June 14th. New game reveals and announcements.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2017 10:59 am
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3129 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:23 pm
Don't worry,@SpicYMchaggis and I will play it with you. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
LOL... we'll see how it looks on stage at E3... And hopefully they show more than just a bunch of random streamers getting virtually drunk and virtually sailing a ship.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4732 posts
603 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:58 pm
LOL... we'll see how it looks on stage at E3... And hopefully they show more than just a bunch of random streamers getting virtually drunk and virtually sailing a ship.
I cant say much since the content is NDA'd but the community in the beta has been really great and playing with random strangers has been far more enjoyable then I could have ever imagined (of course it could be because of the types of people that are found in betas). There is a lot of stuff that they haven't shown in any official capacity yet outside of the ship combat that works really well and is very enjoyable and they keep adding interesting new surprises each week.

Those E3 demonstrations sure looked like an annoying lets play but the "reactions" of the streamers in the E3 presentation was -to my great surprise- not too far off from how I felt and reacted playing the game.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2001
4679 posts
1487 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:58 pm

I'll add you on XBL anyways, although all of my gaming time is taken up by MLB The Show.Face With Tears Of Joy
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:11 pm
I cant say much since the content is NDA'd but the community in the beta has been really great and playing with random strangers has been far more enjoyable then I could have ever imagined (of course it could be because of the types of people that are found in betas). There is a lot of stuff that they haven't shown in any official capacity yet outside of the ship combat that works really well and is very enjoyable and they keep adding interesting new surprises each week.

Those E3 demonstrations sure looked like an annoying lets play but the "reactions" of the streamers in the E3 presentation was -to my great surprise- not too far off from how I felt and reacted playing the game.
You are part of the beta community? That's pretty cool if you are.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3129 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 3:53 pm
I'll add you on XBL anyways, although all of my gaming time is taken up by MLB The Show.Face With Tears Of Joy
Yeah absolutely! I've been playing Prey lately and haven't jumped into much MP, but if I do grab Sea of Thieves, we can form a RFD pirate guild or something :D
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2028 posts
190 upvotes
Nintendo has picked up a new small booth adjacent to their main area in the west hall. It's not a big space, so I'm wondering if maybe they're relocating the Treehouse stream there? It's the only thing I can think of using it for.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Red Dead Redemption 2 has been delayed to Spring 2018.
Rockstar almost never appears at E3 in any capacity (the last time was in 2008 with GTA 4).
Rockstar usually releases trailers and announcements on their own accord at random dates and times.

IGN's road to E3 video previews:

God of War reboot

Spider-Man PS4 (by Insomniac)
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
anybody trying for Playstation Experience 2017 tickets right now? website perma dead :(
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
Playstation Experience is the December end of year event and is not always held every year.
I doubt tickets would be put up for sale when E3 and TGS have not occurred yet.

E3 is held at the same location every year. PS Experience has only been an annual event for 2 or 3 consecutive years and moves
to different locations and venues every year I think.
SuckaB wrote:
May 30th, 2017 1:27 pm
anybody trying for Playstation Experience 2017 tickets right now? website perma dead :(
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3538 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
May 30th, 2017 3:33 pm
Playstation Experience is the December end of year event and is not always held every year.
I doubt tickets would be put up for sale when E3 and TGS have not occurred yet.

E3 is held at the same location every year. PS Experience has only been an annual event for 2 or 3 consecutive years and moves
to different locations and venues every year I think.
Nah, I'm talking about the E3 livestream for Playstation...they have a few cineplex theatres doing the stream.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5852 posts
1229 upvotes
That is different from Playstation Experience.

What you are looking for is Playstation E3 Experience 2017:

Found the link on neogaf via google:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 034&page=1

direct link:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/05 ... s-june-12/

I think watching just one of the big Company's E3 events at a theatre would kind of be pointless unless Sony's announcements
are mindblowing like the ones in 2015. It will be livestreamed over the internet at the major websites anyway.

Going by the link, the only theatre in Toronto that is showing the Sony E3 conference is the one at Scotiabank Theatre.
Then there are only 4 other cinemas in all of Canada showing the event.

SuckaB wrote:
May 30th, 2017 3:53 pm
Nah, I'm talking about the E3 livestream for Playstation...they have a few cineplex theatres doing the stream.
Sep 12, 2012
671 posts
480 upvotes
Can't see how Sony can top last years. The orchestra was amazing.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2028 posts
190 upvotes
A good showing from Insomniacs Spider-Man would by itself top all of last years Sony conference for me. Less spectacle, more content. If one of the big three just popped out on stage and snapped their fingers and basically the entire rest of the conference was non-stop trailers and gameplay, they would win hands down. Actually, that's more or less why I think Nintendo's Treehouse is the best thing that has been going on at E3 the last few years.