PC & Video Games

E3 2018: June 9th - June 12th. New game announcements and possible hardware reveals.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 11:15 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2007
1466 posts
403 upvotes
Nice, gears 5 is going to be sick. Gears 4 single player was good and I'm finally decent at MP.
Aug 20, 2009
6663 posts
1313 upvotes
Grimsby
Vesperia is one of my favs but its weird its getting a remaster instead of just BC treatment.

I managed to get the new Halo trailer to play and can't make heads or tails of what its supposed to be. I guess I will just wait til I get home tonight and look at the whole conference. I read the Crackdown 3 delay announcement the other day and just shook my head, such a long wait for what will probably be a mediocre game.
None of this will make a difference until next generation. I feel bad for Ninja Theory, MS is the killer of studios. Playground? What does that change? They already make Forza which xbox exclusive.
You're probably right but at least they're trying to compete. It shows they're willing to invest in studios and partnerships. The big thing now is letting them actually create without micro-managing them into oblivion like MS has done in the past.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6635 posts
1618 upvotes
Bryson wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 5:40 pm
CYBERPUNK!!

Not sure if I like the aesthetic style of Cyberpunk. I liked Blade Runner 2049 (movie) though.

Redmask wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 5:43 pm
Vesperia is one of my favs but its weird its getting a remaster instead of just BC treatment.

I managed to get the new Halo trailer to play and can't make heads or tails of what its supposed to be. I guess I will just wait til I get home tonight and look at the whole conference. I read the Crackdown 3 delay announcement the other day and just shook my head, such a long wait for what will probably be a mediocre game.

You're probably right but at least they're trying to compete. It shows they're willing to invest in studios and partnerships. The big thing now is letting them actually create without micro-managing them into oblivion like MS has done in the past.
Vesperia Definitive Edition is supposed to be available on XBox One, PS4 and Switch.
Japan had a different PS3 version that added a new character. The revised version of Vesperia never made it outside of Japan because Microsoft
bought exclusivity for it.

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 10th, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6635 posts
1618 upvotes
Microsoft had a good showcase.

That "Screw your order! This is about meeeee" quote in the Gears 5 trailer was laughably bad dialogue though.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 10th, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6635 posts
1618 upvotes
Bethesda has an event at 9:30 pm (Eastern Time)

coverage here:

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 10th, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28892 posts
2114 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ascott wrote:
May 11th, 2018 1:22 pm
The PC Gaming show is Monday June 11 @ 3PM PT/6PM ET. Last year X-Com 2: War of the Chosen and Age of Empires Definitive were announced there. The previous year was mostly hardware reveals, like Polaris GPU's and a bunch of VR stuff.
there is PC content in E3? how did I miss that for the last 10 years?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28892 posts
2114 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ascott wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 5:09 pm
Yeah, my bad. You thought Zestiria was that bad? I thought it was alright, 7/10. Better than Xillia, that game was like watching paint dry.

Jesus. This just keeps going.

Edit: Here comes Cyberpunk.
That was a fun way to do that trailer. Low on details and not even a release year though.
Xilia 1 was alright, Xilia 2 was garbage, same with Zestiria.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
3958 posts
16534 upvotes
TORONTO
Bryson wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 4:58 pm
This doesn't prove that MS has learned anything. The released a bunch of exclusives at the beginning of the generation and then fell asleep. They do this EVERY console generation. It's not enough to just give up this generation. People have literally spent thousands of dollars on their platform. PS4 is releasing exclusive after exclusive. Is MS really not gong to be releasing any more AAA exclusives for another 2-3 years until next gen? That's just ridiculous.
Xbox R.I.P.

I was ready to buy an X this year .. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1107 posts
292 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 5:43 pm

New Halo game is called Halo infinite and apparently it's not Halo 6 even though it will follow after Halo 5 and feature Master Chief.

Honestly investing into new studios is the BARE minimum they could be doing. I mean they have zero AAA exclusives coming out outside of the usual suspects. I mean that's not even trying, that's actually the opposite of trying. You're absolutely right about MS micro-managing Studios to death. They completely killed Rare when they forced them to make Kinect games. They lost Bungie when they tried to force them to make another Halo game when they really wanted to make Destiny. Imagine if Microsoft had Destiny as an exclusive? That would have been huge for them. That's why I said I feel sorry for Ninja Theory. HellBlade was an amazing game that got a lot of critical acclaim but under MS they probably would have thought that game was too controversial.

I mean look at Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War. Both were very successful. Imagine if Sony had forced their studios to make another Killzone game or play it safe with God of War and make it just all of the other ones?

Microsoft announced 18 exclusives at E3 this year which sounds like a lot but they actually announced 22 exclusives last year and it's not like it was a big year for MS this year.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1107 posts
292 upvotes
anon_s wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 6:40 pm
Xbox R.I.P.

I was ready to buy an X this year .. :facepalm:
Well I'm still very happy with my X because of the hardware. The original xbox one was a piece of trash because it was so underpowered. I mean playing The Witcher 3 on console at 60 FPS is amazing. There's still fun to be had on Xbox but mostly I play Sony exclusives on my PS4 Pro and multiplats and backwards compatabile games on my X.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8109 posts
956 upvotes
Victoria
I'd still buy in xbox if they put out a single exclusive I wanted to play. Hell, all they'd have had to do was put out another Fable game, and I'd of bought one . i read they tried to make some kind of online multiplayer, and then killed it :( ). I owned all 3 consoles in the last gen. Started with a 360, . Sony got its tentacles into me with the bluray ability of a ps3. For the same price as a standalone bluray player you could buy the console. Then after a year or two I started playing games on it, and the sony exclusives won me over. I only have a ps4 pro right now. I've been really happy with it,. I love how Sony still makes big single player AAA titles.
Aug 20, 2009
6663 posts
1313 upvotes
Grimsby
Bryson wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 7:53 pm
New Halo game is called Halo infinite and apparently it's not Halo 6 even though it will follow after Halo 5 and feature Master Chief.

Honestly investing into new studios is the BARE minimum they could be doing. I mean they have zero AAA exclusives coming out outside of the usual suspects. I mean that's not even trying, that's actually the opposite of trying. You're absolutely right about MS micro-managing Studios to death. They completely killed Rare when they forced them to make Kinect games. They lost Bungie when they tried to force them to make another Halo game when they really wanted to make Destiny. Imagine if Microsoft had Destiny as an exclusive? That would have been huge for them. That's why I said I feel sorry for Ninja Theory. HellBlade was an amazing game that got a lot of critical acclaim but under MS they probably would have thought that game was too controversial.

I mean look at Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War. Both were very successful. Imagine if Sony had forced their studios to make another Killzone game or play it safe with God of War and make it just all of the other ones?

Microsoft announced 18 exclusives at E3 this year which sounds like a lot but they actually announced 22 exclusives last year and it's not like it was a big year for MS this year.
I got home a few hours ago and watched the conference. After seeing everything I tend to agree, once you sort through everything it was the usual suspects propping up the show - Forza, Gears, Halo. No surprises there but frankly I'm a bit burned out on them. Forza Horizon 4 was really the standout to me. Cyberpunk 2077 I'm sure will be cool but I didn't know what to make of it based on the video. On the whole their show played out like an announcement that they're going to start making games again which is good but doesn't do us much good for another 2+ years. The acquisitions are a step in the right direction, though I question buying Undead Labs as it seems like an iffy value. Ninja Theory is a solid purchase though and hopefully we'll see some good stuff from them.

Also the gameplay trailer for Crackdown 3 was painful. How is that game not out already? There will be some interesting ex-dev stories one day on reddit about that mess.

Anyways at least they're trying and it was an entertaining show if nothing else. I thought there was going to be an X price cut but didn't see it unless it was at the very end. No new Elite controller either which is disappointing, the current one has terrible Q/A problems and needs a new revision.

Looking forward to seeing what Sony has to show us.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2162 posts
241 upvotes
Okay, the skit about Skyrim Very Special Edition was fun. I was pretty bored for a lot of Bethesda's conference, but this makes up for a it a bit. But just a bit, yeesh.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6635 posts
1618 upvotes
Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 announced as currently in development for next-gen systems (PC, PS5, XB2).

Fallout 76 seems like it will be an online focused MMO like Elder Scrolls Online, or Destiny.

Skyrim Very Special Edition announced at E3: Todd Howard acknowledges the memes.