PC & Video Games

E3 2018: June 9th - June 12th. New game announcements and possible hardware reveals.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 11:15 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2140 posts
231 upvotes
Five minutes in to Devolvers conference and I've been called trash like three times and someone has already died. A+

Edit: So. Metal Wolf Chaos Remaster. That's certainly... a thing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
6562 posts
1596 upvotes
Devolver is good for weird humor.

Ascott wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 11:07 pm
Five minutes in to Devolvers conference and I've been called trash like three times and someone has already died. A+

Edit: So. Metal Wolf Chaos Remaster. That's certainly... a thing.
Aug 20, 2009
6539 posts
1199 upvotes
Grimsby
They basically rent time to troll and lord knows E3 needs some after stuff like the EA conference.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4849 posts
924 upvotes
Milton
XFactor11 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:34 pm
Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 announced as currently in development for next-gen systems (PC, PS5, XB2).
Bethesda killed it so far.
Aug 16, 2017
653 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
i liked tactical rpg games so that gears tactics game was pretty sweet.. too bad i dont have an xbox :(
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6057 posts
2175 upvotes
Toronto
spena wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 8:59 am
Bethesda killed it so far.
with what? nothing they showed is coming out anytime soon other than Prey DLC and Fallout 76 which looks terrible imo. Rage 2 looked great but even that is a year away from release
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5028 posts
722 upvotes
calgary
I thought both conferences were great yesterday, I was away until yesterday afternoon so I totally missed the EA conference but I attempted to watch it and it was really flat had nothing really exciting.

Too much intriguing stuff to really do a deep dive on any of them but that Halo Infinite: holeeeeee crap, what a reveal, this trailer shows everything Halo fanboys like myself have been pining for from 343 for years. It looks like we get a return to the classic art style, a return to the open world levels of the first three (except bigger and better), and the game is clearly set on a brand new installation which was kind of hinted at at the end of Halo 5. Unfortunately no date and this looked more like a showcase of the new engine they are building so this is probably a ways off. However it was just reported this morning by the guy who announced the name and presence of Halo Infinite that this could be coming next fall.

I also thought Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Ori, Gears 5, New Doom, New Wolfenstien, Rage 2 and the SoT Update all looked and showed up great.

I also think Fallout 76 looks cool, it seems this isn't the fallout game people want but to me that formula has gotten stale and Im extremely interested to see how that comes together. But then I also love the stories and emergent stuff that comes from being in a world with other real players.

Bit disappointed about how Anthem showed, as well as Shadows of the Tomb Raider and Crackdown. Also the new From Software game not being Bloodbourne kind of bums me out. That Battletoads reveal was brutal, I mean I loved that game as a kid, and to me it still holds up quite nicely but I don't think enough people have nostalgia for it to show a trailer like that without any gameplay.

I know Xbox is trying to appeal to a certain market here but all those Japanese games all look so laughably bad to me, I don't follow the series much but that kingdom Hearts demo was so bad.

An interesting take away for me as well is how bethesda announced 2 new next gen games and how Microsoft mentioned they were working on a new system. I always thought we were several years away from new consoles but Im starting to think we might see a PS5 next year and a new Xbox possibly the following year.

Finally I was expecting after last E3 that there would be a few surprise fall games announced at this E3, clearly that wasn't the case for Microsoft.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3413 posts
747 upvotes
Toronto
My takeaway from yesterday is that my wallet is relatively safe for at least the remainder of the year. I love that XBox is going to continue adding their exclusives to Gamepass on release day, so I'm set with just grabbing subscriptions to their service.
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 11:11 am
Finally I was expecting after last E3 that there would be a few surprise fall games announced at this E3, clearly that wasn't the case for Microsoft.
I haven't finished watching the XBox conference but from reading the highlights, it really does feel like they're just trying to maintain goodwill with their current consumer base and gearing up/saving up for a big next gen release by acquiring devs.

They know they can't compete this gen, but if they can become the console people turn to for multiplatform games because of the X, and promise devs that they can give the best performance moving forward, there's a chance they can at least further improve on relationships with devs and publishers so that they can get early consideration for timed exclusivity.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2140 posts
231 upvotes
SquareEnix is partnering with Platinum again for a new IP, Babylons Fall. Just a small tease, but hey it's Platinum, I'm down.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6057 posts
2175 upvotes
Toronto
I can't believe Square's show was that short and they made absolutely no mention of FF7 remake. Hopefully they're saving that for the Sony show tonight
Aug 16, 2017
653 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
well that was underwhelming,

Nintendo Save Us
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4849 posts
924 upvotes
Milton
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 10:34 am
with what? nothing they showed is coming out anytime soon other than Prey DLC and Fallout 76 which looks terrible imo. Rage 2 looked great but even that is a year away from release
Compared with the with the other publishers (EA, Xbox, Square E) so far, Bethesda's conference was far better in terms of announcements, speakers and actual gameplay. On top of announcing new IP.
Penalty Box
Aug 24, 2011
2073 posts
1205 upvotes
Toronto and London
Sony getting console exclusives from SE/Platinum again?

Loved Nier Automata (I know it's since been out for xbox), so can't wait!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2140 posts
231 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 1:37 pm
I can't believe Square's show was that short and they made absolutely no mention of FF7 remake. Hopefully they're saving that for the Sony show tonight
They basically restarted the FFVII remake a couple months ago after taking the development back from CyberConnect 2. Not surprising they don't want to air their dirty laundry. Industry rumors are that Cyber Connect 2 screwed the pooch really, really hard.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1094 posts
285 upvotes
Wow simply amazing video from Ninja Theory on why they joined Microsoft. They asked for fuil creative control and MS said yes. Maybe MS are finally learning from their mistakes and it makes me really hopeful and excited for Ninja Theory's next project.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)