PC & Video Games

E3 2018: June 9th - June 12th. New game announcements and possible hardware reveals.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2018 11:15 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2162 posts
241 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 12:47 pm
Octopath Traveller trailer not shown in the presentation:

I am so psyched for this game.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2162 posts
241 upvotes
I've watched the Daemon x Machina trailer a few times now. It's like old Fromsoft and Platinum had a baby.

Edit: Oh, well of course it looks like Armored Core. The Producer and Lead Designer both worked on multiple games in the franchise.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5035 posts
733 upvotes
calgary
Assuming this is it, Im quite disappointed with Nintendo's year two offerings for the Switch.

At this point Im not sure I'll be buying a single game this year for the console.

I will be picking up the Mario Rabbids and Splatoon 2 DLC though.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6182 posts
2257 upvotes
Toronto
It seems everything has been revealed at this point so these are the highlights that caught my interest. Incoming wall of text

Yakuza 0 PC - $20 for a 4K/60fps version of this game. Totally unexpected and very welcome. I was waiting forever for a sale on PSN and this couldn't have worked out any better. I pray for more PS4 exclusives to get this treatment

Cyberpunk 2077 - What an insane looking in engine trailer and I only hope my PC holds up for this when it releases. Not really worried about gameplay and I'm already confident the world and story will be 10/10 material. Cant get over how good this trailer looks. I've never watched a game trailer so many times before this

Rage 2 - Action and visuals look awesome but too bad this isn't releasing for another year. Thought we'd get this sooner but looks like it'll be fun.

Seriko - Glad to see From Software finally doing something different and it looks great.

Ghost Of Tsushima - Looks like The Witcher 3 in Japan. Sign me up. Kind of weird how 2 Samurai games have popped up out of nowhere but whatever, I'm down.

Forza Horizon 4 - Looks great, a bit similar to FH3 but this series is a classic case of don't fix what aint broke, just give me more. Awesome that it's launching on game pass.

Assassins Creed Odyssey - Origins was my 2017 GOTY and this looks even better. That said I'm not sure I'm ready for this game having spent so much time on Origins recently but at least it'll be there when I want it. Hopefully the quick turn around doesn't mean a worse game.

Biggest disappointments are FF7 apparently not existing anymore and the next Wolfenstein being some weird co-op spin off.
Also totally underwhelmed by everything Nintendo. Still no reason for me to buy a Switch but at least I still have a long 3DS and WiiU backlog to keep me going until things pick up on this console.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1107 posts
292 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 4:09 pm
Seriko - Glad to see From Software finally doing something different and it looks great.

Ghost Of Tsushima - Looks like The Witcher 3 in Japan. Sign me up. Kind of weird how 2 Samurai games have popped up out of nowhere but whatever, I'm down.
There's also Nioh 2 that was announced. There were also rumors that the next Assassins Creed and Forza Horizon were supposed to be set in Japan. Guess Japan is making a kind of resurgence.

Also that new game by Remedy they are making for Sony, "Control" looks like Quantum Break 2 lol.
Aug 16, 2017
702 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
i like tactical games so I liked the Gears Tactics reveal, too bad i don't own an xbox so ill probably get it for the pc.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6182 posts
2257 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:27 am
There's also Nioh 2 that was announced. There were also rumors that the next Assassins Creed and Forza Horizon were supposed to be set in Japan. Guess Japan is making a kind of resurgence.

Also that new game by Remedy they are making for Sony, "Control" looks like Quantum Break 2 lol.
Forgot about Nioh 2. Haven't played the first but don't think i'd enjoy it either based on what I've seen

I totally thought Control was Quantum Break 2 as I was watching. Didn't even notice it was made by Remedy but it's very obvious now that you point it out
DimsumDeals wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 10:34 am
i like tactical games so I liked the Gears Tactics reveal, too bad i don't own an xbox so ill probably get it for the pc.
I mean if you have the option PC is the much better way to play Xbox exclusives at this point. A game like that especially will be better with mouse controls
Aug 20, 2009
6663 posts
1313 upvotes
Grimsby
Nioh had a fantastic combat system but unfortunately the level design lacked the intricacy and creativity of FromSoftware. I still enjoyed it but there are some pretty crazy difficulty spikes and some bosses simply aren't fun due to absurd levels of health making the fights a long grind. It's a very solid 8/10 game though. Looking forward to the sequel.
I think it's multi-platform - PS4, PC, XB1. Pretty sure I read that on the website anyway.

My biggest disappointment of E3 this year was not even the games themselves but the tepid preorder offerings from the various retailers here in Canada. I think I grabbed two things, that's it. Amazon especially had zip, I gotta rethink my Prime membership when its up since they keep taking things away.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1107 posts
292 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 5:49 pm

Not sure if I like the aesthetic style of Cyberpunk. I liked Blade Runner 2049 (movie) though.
The game looks and has more of a Ready Player One vibe than Blade Runner 2049 even though I am sure it was influenced by the latter. In the same way that The Witcher 3 is based on a series of books, Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2020 if anyone wants to catch up on some reading before the game comes out.

I read Witcher books and I thought they were great. Sidenote if anyone ever played Infinity Blade on iphone, I read the books created for that game and was not expecting to enjoy them as much as I did.
Feb 11, 2008
886 posts
5 upvotes
Finally Kingdom heart III is coming out. Anyone pre-order this game back in 2013 when Futureshop had the better E3 deals?
May 3, 2011
199 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Dragons4Life wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 4:27 pm
Finally Kingdom heart III is coming out. Anyone pre-order this game back in 2013 when Futureshop had the better E3 deals?
Yep, still get the monthly emails telling me it's on pre-order. That being said, anyone know how to update their credit card info for that order? Is it just through regular bestbuy customer service?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2110 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
Redviper wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 10:14 pm
Yep, still get the monthly emails telling me it's on pre-order. That being said, anyone know how to update their credit card info for that order? Is it just through regular bestbuy customer service?
I called BB online support, and had them update my CC info. Initially I was worried when the online CSR couldn't find my order, but finally found it, and actually transferred the order over to BB at the same price I was guaranteed to get from FS. So my order on BB doesn't show a promotional percent discount, but instead just shows what the final price is. The CSR made some notes to my order # on my account, so anyone who pulls up my order # and account # will see my phone call that I made to online support, and will know why I'm paying a much lower price than what it's going to be selling at.