PC & Video Games

E3 2019: June 8th - June 11th. XBox Scarlet reveal, new games and Sony MIA.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 1:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7395 posts
2097 upvotes

E3 2019: June 8th - June 11th. XBox Scarlet reveal, new games and Sony MIA.

This year's E3 will be a transition year. It will be the last year that will showcase PS4 and XBox One games while Microsoft is expected to
reveal the XBox Scarlet (two different models) and some next-gen games along with it. 3rd parties are expected to show some next-gen titles as well.

Microsoft allegedly has two different next-gen XBox's being prepared for Holiday 2020. A higher-end model to succeed the XBox One X (Scarlet) and the base model
that will succeed the XBox One S (Lockhart).

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-scarlett

Sony will not be at the E3 event at all this year.
EA decided to do their own event in Hollywood instead of Los Angeles this year.

E3 Schedule:

Electronic Arts, EA Play: June 8th - 9th: Hollywood
Microsoft, XBox Event: June 9th. 4 pm EST, 1 pm PST
Bethesda: June 9th, 8:30 pm EST, 5:30 pm PST
Devolver Digital: June 9th, 10 pm EST, 7 pm PST
PC Gaming Show: June 10th, 1 pm EST, 10 am PST
Ubisoft: June 10th, 4pm EST, 1 pm PST
KF Games showcase: June 10th, 7:30 pm EST, 4:30 pm PST
Square Enix: June 10th, 9 pm EST, 6 pm PST
Nintendo: June 11th, 12pm EST, 9 am PST

E3 Coverage:

Youtube E3 - https://www.youtube.com/user/E3
Twitch E3 - twitch.tv/event/e3
https://www.youtube.com/nintendo

3rd party E3 coverage picks:
Easy Allies - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp ... 53rZsB3jaA
Giant Bomb - http://www.giantbomb.com/
IGN - https://www.youtube.com/ign/
GameSpot - https://www.youtube.com/user/gamespot/videos

Leaks on ResetEra:
- PS5 is less powerful than XBox Scarlett based on development kit tests
Mecha Meister on ResetEra:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/next-g ... na.120059/

Official PlayStation 5 Specifications Revealed so far:
7nm 8 Zen 2 Cores (Unknown clock-speeds, and whether it will have SMT)
7nm AMD Radeon NAVI GPU (Unknown clock-speeds and core count)
Ray tracing support (Hardware-accelerated? Software-accelerated?)
8K Output support
SSD (allegedly faster than PC solutions available at the time of publication)
PS4 Backwards compatibility
Not coming 2019
Revealed by Mark Cerny in Wired Interview
https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-s ... n-console/

Annual EA Conference:

Top 10 countdown of the all-time most embarrassing, unintentionally entertaining, or worst E3 moments:

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 4th, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
41 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8584 posts
1208 upvotes
Victoria
It seems kind of weird that two differently powered consoles is now going to be something out of the gate. Hopefully Microsoft gets some good exclusive's this time around. I've thought about buying an Xbox One X for a cd/bluray/media box (since you can use Kodi on it). Maybe i'll hold out for a new console if it has the same stuff. Still.. most of my favourite games were on the ps4.....
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2120 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Xbox Scarlet: Must resist temptation to make "I don't give a damn" joke...

All told looks to be a dull year, which is a given whenever new consoles are on the horizon but they still need to maintain interest in current gen machines so people don't just stop buying them altogether. Avengers looked interesting until rumours that it's another live-service thing. Nintendo's Marvel game looks much better in comparison.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3689 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
I feel like the biggest announcements in the past year from MS were that they acquired some notable studios (Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Playground Games) and some up-and-coming niche ones (Undead Labs, InXile, Compulsion). Hoping this means we'll be seeing a bunch of new IP.

That said, given that I don't have a 4k TV, and I own an Xbox One X already and have an extensive backlog of things on Gamepass or in my library, I don't think I'll be an early adopter for either PS5 or the next XBox...
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4334 posts
2238 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 11:33 am
I feel like the biggest announcements in the past year from MS were that they acquired some notable studios (Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Playground Games) and some up-and-coming niche ones (Undead Labs, InXile, Compulsion). Hoping this means we'll be seeing a bunch of new IP.

That said, given that I don't have a 4k TV, and I own an Xbox One X already and have an extensive backlog of things on Gamepass or in my library, I don't think I'll be an early adopter for either PS5 or the next XBox...
I'm interested to see what Compulsion is working on. I think I'm in the minority, but I loved We Happy Few. It wasn't without it's flaws (some very major ones), but I loved the story telling. With MS behind them, I feel that they'll be able to come up with some great things.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5084 posts
1018 upvotes
Milton
Hoping for a new Zelda game!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2932 posts
680 upvotes
Ajax
M1GOmigs wrote:

You know I always say the same thing, then E3 comes around and I cannot resist. I updated most of my HT to take advantage of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, so I am ready for the next round. Bring it!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1811 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
Well looks like two Ubisoft games have already leaked - Watch Dogs Legion and Roller Champions.

Despite some speculations WB's Rocksteady will not be at E3.

With Sony opting out, I'm looking forward to Nintendo Direct the most. Hope to see more details on Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Astral Chain, while having release dates for The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and Animal Crossing. I could see Animal Crossing being delayed to early 2020.

Square Enix's presentation will also be interesting. I wonder how they will sell the episodic format of Final Fantasy 7 and manage the lofty expectations of an Avengers game.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1162 posts
319 upvotes
zod wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 1:28 am
It seems kind of weird that two differently powered consoles is now going to be something out of the gate. Hopefully Microsoft gets some good exclusive's this time around. I've thought about buying an Xbox One X for a cd/bluray/media box (since you can use Kodi on it). Maybe i'll hold out for a new console if it has the same stuff. Still.. most of my favourite games were on the ps4.....
If you HAD to choose only one console then I'd go with the PS4 as well. If you can afford Xbox One X also then it's worth for the multiplats and couple of exclusives. It's twice as powerful as the PS4 Pro. I was extremely disappointed with the Xbox one S however.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8584 posts
1208 upvotes
Victoria
Bryson wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 10:32 pm
If you HAD to choose only one console then I'd go with the PS4 as well. If you can afford Xbox One X also then it's worth for the multiplats and couple of exclusives. It's twice as powerful as the PS4 Pro. I was extremely disappointed with the Xbox one S however.
I already have a ps4 pro, it's a great gaming console, but not a great media box. The media app has limits to formats, which means a lot of stuff doesn't work on it. The bluray drive has a cd laser, but they never bothered to write an quick app to play cd's (Which I realize is obsolete, but something that's so easy MS still does it), it does 4k, and it has Kodi. It kind of feels like a 180 from the last gen or me. I had a 360 but bought the ps3 as a bluray player. Now I kind of want an xbox one x because it's a better media box :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5670 posts
3145 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:

I'll be an early adopter of the new Xbox as long as they have trade-in promos.

And you need that 4K TV for spotting vehicles on the road in PUBG. Face With Tears Of Joy