PC & Video Games

E3 2019: June 8th - June 11th. XBox Scarlet reveal, new games and Sony MIA.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2019 1:08 pm
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1162 posts
319 upvotes
zod wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 1:30 am
I already have a ps4 pro, it's a great gaming console, but not a great media box. The media app has limits to formats, which means a lot of stuff doesn't work on it. The bluray drive has a cd laser, but they never bothered to write an quick app to play cd's (Which I realize is obsolete, but something that's so easy MS still does it), it does 4k, and it has Kodi. It kind of feels like a 180 from the last gen or me. I had a 360 but bought the ps3 as a bluray player. Now I kind of want an xbox one x because it's a better media box :)
Ya Sony really dropped the ball there. Sony has good games but shit services. Microsoft has pro consumer services but no games.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1162 posts
319 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jun 3rd, 2019 11:33 am
I feel like the biggest announcements in the past year from MS were that they acquired some notable studios (Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Playground Games) and some up-and-coming niche ones (Undead Labs, InXile, Compulsion). Hoping this means we'll be seeing a bunch of new IP.

That said, given that I don't have a 4k TV, and I own an Xbox One X already and have an extensive backlog of things on Gamepass or in my library, I don't think I'll be an early adopter for either PS5 or the next XBox...
Microsoft always starts off strong and then shrivel up like a bunch of limp d*cks! They dropped the OG Xbox after only a couple of years while PS2 was still being supported nearly a decade after it's launch. Xbox 360 was so dominant as a platform that Sony almost went bankrupt until MS fell asleep at the wheel and the incompetence set in and it became just about Forza, Gears, Halo. Despite almost going bankrupt the PS3 actually managed to surpass the 360 in lifetime sales! Let that sink in! Xbox One once again started just as strong with great original IPs such as RYSE, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive until it became just the Forza, Gears, Halo show all over again!

You mean to tell me that it took several years into their console's generation to figure out, "Hey! Maybe we need some games for this console!?" Nah! Micrsoft will only succeed once they fire that baffoon Phil Spencer and bring in someone competent.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4325 posts
2223 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Bryson wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 10:15 am

You mean to tell me that it took several years into their console's generation to figure out, "Hey! Maybe we need some games for this console!?" Nah! Micrsoft will only succeed once they fire that baffoon Phil Spencer and bring in someone competent.
Things don't turn around overnight. Look at the studios that they've acquired in the past year. I think Phil has been great for the Xbox community and I look forward to see what they have to show at E3 this year.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8559 posts
1194 upvotes
Victoria
Bryson wrote:
Microsoft always starts off strong and then shrivel up like a bunch of limp d*cks! They dropped the OG Xbox after only a couple of years while PS2 was still being supported nearly a decade after it's launch. Xbox 360 was so dominant as a platform that Sony almost went bankrupt until MS fell asleep at the wheel and the incompetence set in and it became just about Forza, Gears, Halo. Despite almost going bankrupt the PS3 actually managed to surpass the 360 in lifetime sales! Let that sink in! Xbox One once again started just as strong with great original IPs such as RYSE, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive until it became just the Forza, Gears, Halo show all over again!

Yah, it's a dissapointing because I was originally an xbox person. Loved the original Xbox (mostly because of the modding), and loved the 360. I bought the ps3 as a bluray player, but later in it's life then naturally started using it as console because of all the amazing games that come out for it. It does feel a bit like MS abandoned AAA single player exclusives. Sony never did and makes a mint on them. God of War, inFamous, Horizon Zero Dawn, Last of US, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Bloodborne etc.... MS seems to barely put out mediocre single player titles, but mostly focuses on multiplayer. I know the modern world loves multiplayer, but I think MS underestimates the demand for really good single player titles.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3686 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
9394 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 9:06 am
I'll be an early adopter of the new Xbox as long as they have trade-in promos.

And you need that 4K TV for spotting vehicles on the road in PUBG. Face With Tears Of Joy
Yeah, I say I won't be an early adopter, but then when a tradein promo pops up, I'll probably be in line with you lol

Also, gotta get that SSD to make sure you're not landing in a building that isn't rendered yet Face With Tears Of Joy... Been a while since I played PUBG w/ you guys!
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3686 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
I agree that MS gets complacent, but I have the opposite view re: their current leadership. All the positive things that MS has been doing has been because of Phil Spencer. He had to right the ship because of the crap that Don Mattrick was doing at the start of this generation, de-emphasizing the gaming aspect of the Xbox and trying to make it something that appeals to the family (forced Kinect, TV integration, spending money on cross-media crap like Quantum Break web TV shows, etc).
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7385 posts
2090 upvotes
Sony and Nintendo have better exclusive games than Microsoft by far IMO.

I really like the 4K UHD Blu-ray player in the XBox One X. On a good 4K OLED HDR TV 4K UHD movies are better on it than in the theatres.
That is some next level way to view movies as if you're seeing them for the first time in a whole new way.

Sony seems to not care about having a 4K UHD blu-ray player to keep costs down and focus on the video gaming aspect. Hopefully they
will at least include some revision of the PS5 model that has one included.

zod wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 1:30 am
I already have a ps4 pro, it's a great gaming console, but not a great media box. The media app has limits to formats, which means a lot of stuff doesn't work on it. The bluray drive has a cd laser, but they never bothered to write an quick app to play cd's (Which I realize is obsolete, but something that's so easy MS still does it), it does 4k, and it has Kodi. It kind of feels like a 180 from the last gen or me. I had a 360 but bought the ps3 as a bluray player. Now I kind of want an xbox one x because it's a better media box :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
5666 posts
3130 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 12:11 pm
Yeah, I say I won't be an early adopter, but then when a tradein promo pops up, I'll probably be in line with you lol

Also, gotta get that SSD to make sure you're not landing in a building that isn't rendered yet Face With Tears Of Joy... Been a while since I played PUBG w/ you guys!
Actually, the new patch made the SSD less of a requirement!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7385 posts
2090 upvotes

A lot of people betting that Todd Howard will not apologize for Fallout 76Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Updated with Results Show:
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 18th, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7385 posts
2090 upvotes
XBox conference starting at 4pm ET:

Official stream:

Microsoft:
Join us at the E3 Briefing for:
Eyes World premieres
Video Game New game reveals
Party Popper Big surprises
Person Raising Both Hands In Celebration And MORE!
XBox Scarlet = Holiday 2020, will launch with Halo Infinite.
Spencer says it is 4 times more powerful than XBox One X.
No price point given yet.

XBox XCloud streaming service coming this October.

- Keanu Reeves is an NPC in Cyberpunk 2077 (out in 4-16-2020)
- Double Fine joins XBox Games Studios for game exclusivity

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7385 posts
2090 upvotes
Bethesda announces:

- new advanced streaming technology. Orion.
- showcases DOOM Eternal (Nov. 22nd, 2019 release date)
- Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 still in development for next gen consoles and PC (no trailers)
- Ghostwire Tokyo new IP
- new improvements and free DLC for existing Fallout 76 owners.
- a lot of mobile games

-
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9118 posts
428 upvotes
Mississauga
New dying light cant wait for, ghostwire & blair witch looks interesting
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7385 posts
2090 upvotes
Ubisoft is up live:

- Uplay + announced for PC and Google Stadia $14.99 USD a month to stream select Ubisoft library games.
- Watch Dogs Legion (play and recruit anybody)
- Rollerblading multiplayer sports game announced. Beta available to download on PC now.
- New IP: Gods and Monsters

Worst conference of E3 so far.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7385 posts
2090 upvotes
I will be watching the Raptors game instead but here is the live Square Enix conference:

Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 10th, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.