Expired Hot Deals

EA Access New Games Added (and Coming 2016)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2016 5:21 pm
[OP]
Apr 5, 2012
177 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto

EA Access New Games Added (and Coming 2016)

Deal Link:
Not sure if this is the right place for it or not, but seeing as how PS+ and XBGWG get a thread every month, I figured it might be ok.

Just added and now available are:

Heavy Weapon
Bejeweled 2
Bejeweled 3
Feeding Frenzy
Feeding Frenzy 2
Zuma

Being added next month are:

EA UFC 2
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

And being added in December is:

Star Wars Battlefront

If anyone was thinking of picking up any of those games, you might be better served with an EA Access subscription for a year instead. Also, pretty safe to say we can expect a sale on the Star Wars Season Pass around the same time as the game hits the Vault
33 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
2829 posts
220 upvotes
Ottawa
EA Access is by far the best deal this generation (can't believe it's not on psn). $30 for a year is awesome. People should sell their battlefronts now and just get this as you won't be playing it (your physical copy) in a year from now.
Pepsi WEH Winner - 4 for 5
Didn't win a Xbox X.. but next best thing. Scored at the Brick for $249! $300 off!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1393 posts
340 upvotes
Calgary
Awesome. Don't have any of those XBO games so looking forward to trying them out. I do find UFC very difficult based on the previous game. Controls are hard to remember.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13190 posts
3404 upvotes
London
Can't wait to get UFC next month

I accidentally shipped my copy inside my xbone during the microsoft upgrade promo lol
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13783 posts
4023 upvotes
Montreal
freakx2001 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2016 5:31 pm
EA Access is by far the best deal this generation (can't believe it's not on psn).
really? you don't know why greedy sony refused to allow it on psn.

two words: PS NOW
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13190 posts
3404 upvotes
London
JackWhyte wrote:
Oct 7th, 2016 6:46 pm
freakx2001 wrote:
EA Access is by far the best deal this generation (can't believe it's not on psn).

That doesn't even make sense. They wouldnt be competing products
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2013
2200 posts
584 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't Origin Access $5 a month?
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
2713 posts
1315 upvotes
Montreal
I logged in and I cant see the new stuff :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7071 posts
391 upvotes
raichu1 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2016 8:17 pm
Isn't Origin Access $5 a month?
Yeah, for PC.
Maybe MS is subsidizing the price, either way, you don't even need XBL Gold subscription for EA Access on Xbone, but of course that would limit your multiplier aspect of the games in the vault.
I'm glad I've waited for Catalyst, I would give it a second chance now
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1393 posts
527 upvotes
London
freakx2001 wrote:
EA Access is by far the best deal this generation (can't believe it's not on psn). $30 for a year is awesome. People should sell their battlefronts now and just get this as you won't be playing it (your physical copy) in a year from now.
Yeah I think Playstation really dropped the ball on not allowing it on their service. I think that was kind of the start of their downfall. They just don't want to encourage competition to PS+.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17191 posts
490 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
freakx2001 wrote:

Viper98 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2016 6:50 pm
JackWhyte wrote:
freakx2001 wrote:

I was about to say the same thing... Makes zero sense.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13783 posts
4023 upvotes
Montreal
Viper98 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2016 6:50 pm
I meant to say a combination of PS PLUS and PS NOW, something that sony has stated as their reasons to reject ea access for the ps4.

i.e. both are sony-owned and operated game rental systems, and sony wants ALL the money from gamers looking for a game rental system, not just a small piece of the pie. and they certainly don't want competition.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3095 posts
2734 upvotes
Ottawa
Mirror's Edge is definitely a good offering. Everything else is pretty meh.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1174 posts
329 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
freakx2001 wrote:

Its more like they wanted their piece of pie. Microsoft doesnt get there 30% take from ea like when they sell a game plus from what i have heard and will still have to support the app and questions surrounding it. Microsoft did it because they are desperate and wanted any leverage they can get to compete with sony (ea access, backwards compatibility, etc) if they were on top this probably would have never happened with them. With Sony on top they felt like they didn't need to unless they got a piece, plus they are worried then that other publishers would start doing it (activistion, ubisoft) and they wouldn't make as much revenue from their store or off the licenses of retail discs as everybody was instead subscibing to the company netflix style of games.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13783 posts
4023 upvotes
Montreal
thetick wrote:
Oct 8th, 2016 12:55 am
if they were on top this probably would have never happened with them.
obviously, and that's why everyone knows the best game ecosystem always exists on the platform that is on SECOND PLACE on the sales lists - like Avis, they "try harder" to get your business.

the guy in first place always plays the evil overlord, tossing crumbs to its simpleton customers, while the one in second place is the benevolent angel, and invents new customer-friendly strategies to gain market share. look at the difference between sony (good guy on the ps3, ps plus freebies, no pay for online) and microsoft (bad guy on the xbox 360 - eat our gruel or else!) this generation, but sony made up a LOT of ground through the 10 years of that generation, finally topping out in sales right near the end.