Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[EA ORIGIN] Battlefield V - $40.67 CAD - 50% off for BF1/BF4 owners

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 7:10 pm
Feb 11, 2013
77 posts
86 upvotes
Waterloo
People on the fence about the game, I'd say go for it! I got Origin Premier to try it last month and I'm hooked! I'm definitely getting this.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
FARMERBLANCHE wrote: Isn't this getting panned beyond belief?
Only because of dumbasses that have a problem with EA adding a female character to the game
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
s1301950 wrote: so bf5 got a single player campaign? or purely multiplayer?
It has multiple SP "campaigns"

They have a thing called "War Stories" where you play through a mini campaign based around one character. I think there are 5 in total each being ~90 minutes
Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
g00f wrote: hmmm...wait or buy ....boxing day is mainly Cnd...so doubt there will be many good online prices.....hmmmm......decisions....
umm lol boxing day is NOT mainly canadian.... it was actually an american thing and then like other stuff that gains popularity canada started doing it. not even 3 years ago i was asking at a business in burlington if they were going to have a boxing day sale and the people behind the counter looked at me like they had no clue.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1321 posts
731 upvotes
Edmonton
ill buy it when its under 15. wont be long.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
zewill wrote: Its funny how games drop in value so fast... 2 weeks.. already 50% off.
Who buys full priced anymore, apart from the uber impatients or hardcore fans?
Oh how the gaming world has changed! I used to buy a game and have full functionnalities. Having purchased a ps4 recently, i was confused at the notion of premium pass, season pass, so many DLC'S...
Yup, I consider 50% off the base game as 25% off now, since the seasons pass is basically expected if you do multiplayer. Or could just wait it out until a good deal on the "full" game bundled with the pass.
Nov 27, 2008
245 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto
Yet all my American friends give a blank stare as well whenever asked about boxing day sales there. Black Friday is their boxing day, They don't have boxing day sales like we have up here.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: umm lol boxing day is NOT mainly canadian.... it was actually an american thing and then like other stuff that gains popularity canada started doing it. not even 3 years ago i was asking at a business in burlington if they were going to have a boxing day sale and the people behind the counter looked at me like they had no clue.
I think you're confusing boxing day with black friday

Boxing day is not a thing that is done in the US. It is Canada/England
Jul 17, 2007
672 posts
397 upvotes
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: umm lol boxing day is NOT mainly canadian.... it was actually an american thing and then like other stuff that gains popularity canada started doing it. not even 3 years ago i was asking at a business in burlington if they were going to have a boxing day sale and the people behind the counter looked at me like they had no clue.
Boxing day, December 26th, is a Commonwealth thing. The US doesn't really participate.
Last edited by edifonzo on Dec 5th, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 7, 2016
270 posts
237 upvotes
Vancouver
The game is fairly good if you ignore some of the historical liberties they've taken with the game. Multiplayer runs well even if it doesn't have any major improvements like the previous games. Worth it at 40, not worth it at full price.

This is only for the multiplayer. Don't think anyone buys a BF game for its campaign since Bad Company 2.
Jul 29, 2005
727 posts
36 upvotes
Anyone know if this can be gifted? I don't see an option to gift when clicking on the offer, but do see the option when I just go to the game page on Origin under regular price. Is there an option to gift after entering payment info when buying via the promo link on their site?
Nov 21, 2011
71 posts
59 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
My origin only lists BF5 deluxe edition at 50% off

I own BF1 and BF4

I do not want the deluxe edition so I guess I will not buy....
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
2099 posts
1824 upvotes
AB
Lush78 wrote: My copy came "free" with my Asus 2080ti ROG Strix GPU. Finished the campaign, it was pretty short. It says new campaign chapter was coming out december 4th, but i didn't see it in the game. Might have to check origin for it. Still getting back into PC gaming after a decade...
Where did you get the latest strix card? Doesn't seem like any Canadian retailer has stock.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
nigelregal wrote: My origin only lists BF5 deluxe edition at 50% off

I own BF1 and BF4

I do not want the deluxe edition so I guess I will not buy....
Try relaunching origin or using the promo code I posted if that doesn't work. I didn't see the deal at all until I closed and relaunched Origin
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2018
1393 posts
1496 upvotes
Own BF1 and BF4 on PS4. I have it linked to my EA account and I want this on PC, log in and.....No deal for me.

The code you posted works, thanks OP! I was on the fence about everything for $90 after tax but $40 I can jump right in.
Last edited by MikeB84225 on Dec 5th, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
PSN needs to get on board with this price reduction(I mean sale).
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
Still stuck with my Xbox One BFV whatever edition code ....

Ticked beyond belief. : S

As for the price hey if this was a console price at launch this would be good and like the old days but this is a pc price and not at launch. LOL! Anyway ... hope the deal makes someone happy I guess.
Last edited by LetsMakeADeal2013 on Dec 5th, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
ph00p wrote: PSN needs to get on board with this price reduction(I mean sale).
Won't happen because they sell copies on PSN

I think it's save to say a very large percentage of people playing on PC are playing for free with origin access, which is why they are offering this sale to entice people to buy.
Feb 11, 2013
77 posts
86 upvotes
Waterloo
Use the code OP provided. With the code it actually showed $37~ for me.