• Dec 6th, 2004 4:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5101 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster
Leshita wrote:I feel that after the graphics leap of the consoles next generation, I won't care as much anymore. Sooner or later graphics will move to a point where most people will probably not notice a difference between the last gen and next (or they won't care), after which developers will really need to find other ways to innovate and attract players to their games.
I'm actually kind of interested to see what Nintendo's "Revolution" is going to be like as they say they are going to add some innovative features (like what they did with the DS with the dual screen and touchscreen).
In fact, I already think that the jump here isn't all that big.
Dec 31, 2001
760 posts
BC
Maybe I'm the only person not impressed, Yes, the pic has more details, looks more real, but it's still pretty easy for me to tell it's CG, not real photo. I'm expecting to see next generation consoles give me some game scenes, such as car chasing, at first sight, I couldn't tell it's TV news, or it's the game. :lol:
Deal Addict
May 9, 2001
1549 posts
59 upvotes
zuberal wrote:Screenshots looks good but they're definately just movie shots. If anyone wants to get into real gaming, they should pick up a PC. Obviously it's always way ahead of all the consoles when most video cards cost 2-3 times the amount of the console alone. I found it quite humorous when someone demoed Halo 2 for me, because it looked like a 3 year old PC game.
Uh huh. And when Xbox 1 came out and PC gamers saw Halo 1 and DOA3, they were drooling and saw nothing that looked like it at the time on the PC. When the next gen consoles come out, PC will be slightly behind again just because PC devs need to code for lower-specc'ed hardware. Wait till you see the Xbox 2 and PS3 game demos at next year's E3.
We have yet to see any mention of Nintendo's "Revolution" hardware which is why I didn't mention it. Nintendo has said they are not focusing on graphics anymore which is kinda worrisome.
If those game concept shots can be rendered in real-time for the next gen consoles, that would be pretty amazing. Compare the shots there to Madden and the difference is night/day.
I'm on the road to 5000...
Oct 20, 2002
256 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
I believe it when I see it. Especially with all thoses texture, a hefty amount of memory will be needed.