• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 10:10 pm
Nov 13, 2013
752 posts
253 upvotes
OTTAWA
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 10:34 am
I'm sure this is not how you really think!
Actually it is. I personally don't find the whole princess culture thing very healthy. I completely get that most people think dressing up little girls is fun and harmless so I don't judge people that do but I prefer not to go overboard with it at least.
Nov 1, 2009
463 posts
61 upvotes
We'd let our daughter decided when it's time for her to get her ears pierced.
Aug 6, 2014
702 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
where do people in this thread go to get their newborn's lips and eyebrows pierced?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1104 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Out of curiosity, at Claires, how do they do it, needle or gun? In general, how old is the person doing it? And how much is it?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16278 posts
4932 upvotes
Ottawa
cardle wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:26 pm
Out of curiosity, at Claires, how do they do it, needle or gun? In general, how old is the person doing it? And how much is it?
They use a piercing gun.
Dec 23, 2015
192 posts
153 upvotes
fisher44 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:55 pm
where do people in this thread go to get their newborn's lips and eyebrows pierced?
Was thinking about a nose ring and a tattoo for my little darling.
Feb 20, 2011
317 posts
38 upvotes
downtown TO
why do u want your kid ears done? let her make the decision when she is old enough or are u getting it done for your own gratification. my daughter.. and i know lots girls are different and changes there mind so often doesnt want hers done but when ready she can if it something SHE wants done not something i think she shud do
Mar 22, 2015
96 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Macx2mommy wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:27 pm

Also, I know it’s for a baby, but i do know a people that had their ears done when they were babies but then their ears grew differently and it looks odd.

Not saying this stuff will happen, just higher risks.
Mine were pierced around 6 months and the holes are completely crooked. I imagine they were straight when pierced and while my earlobes are symmetrical now, one hole is higher than the other. That coupled with the risks of infection, ripped earlobes and choking, I just don't see how it's worth it just for your girl to look "pretty" or to not get confused for a boy (oh, the horror). A niece had hers done to her as a baby and kept pulling them out until her mom gave up, so it was just a waste of money, time and pain. She wanted them repierced when she was 5 and it was a much simpler process - she even cleaned them herself everyday.
Apr 10, 2011
243 posts
83 upvotes
lookingfortv wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 1:26 am
so it was just a waste of money, time and pain.
THIS. Piercing is painful. I don't understand why people would want to inflict unnecessary pain and body mutilation on a baby. For the sake of what? So the baby looks more "like a girl?" .... because it's "pretty" for a girl to have her ears pierced? It's a little sick, in my opinion. Almost as bad as circumcision... but that's a whole other topic that I won't get into now........
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
16278 posts
4932 upvotes
Ottawa
lemmiwinks wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 12:01 pm
THIS. Piercing is painful. I don't understand why people would want to inflict unnecessary pain and body mutilation on a baby. For the sake of what? So the baby looks more "like a girl?" .... because it's "pretty" for a girl to have her ears pierced? It's a little sick, in my opinion. Almost as bad as circumcision... but that's a whole other topic that I won't get into now........
Let me guess...anti-vaxxer?
Apr 10, 2011
243 posts
83 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 12:04 pm
Let me guess...anti-vaxxer?
Um, no. There is scientific proof that vaccinations help save lives. There is no logic behind piercing ears, or circumcision, for that matter....
Aug 6, 2014
702 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
how am i gonna win the baby beauty pageant if i don't pierce little dakota montana's goddamned ears