Early Birth / Travelling and couple of other questions for first time parents
My wife is expecting our first child in June 2nd week. I am curious about couple of things
- I have to travel for a week just a week before Dr said about expectancy date. I obviously don't want to miss out on this exciting moment, but this travel is work related and would cost a lot if I don't go. While I will return a week before the delivery date suggested by Dr, how accurate are they ? I have been told that kid can come out anytime after 36 weeks. When is the delivery date 100% confirmed ?
- Can my wife travel in car with me driving during last dates on long drives ( 4-5 hours ) ?
- What if we are in a different city at time of birth because it was early. I imagine every hospital will entertain us right ?
- What costs should I expect within 6 months of birth in terms of medical / hospital etc ? I am Canadian and have the OHIP
- I am self-employed with firm making over 150K/year. What's the best tax strategy to maximize on child benefits ? My wife doesn't work
Thanks in advance.