Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Earn 25x Scene points at East Side Mario until Sept.13 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2015 4:11 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1845 posts
451 upvotes
Brampton

Earn 25x Scene points at East Side Mario until Sept.13 (YMMV)

Expiry:
September 13, 2015
hello, now the home of all-you-can-eat – soup or salad, and garlic homeloaf – is also home to SCENE® points!

Starting now, earn on every meal when you show your SCENE card at East Side Mario's restaurants – you'll get 1 point for every $3 you spend*.

Plus, for a limited time until September 13, 2015, you can receive 25X bonus SCENE points!** Getting your bonus points is easy – here’s how:

Phone
Have this email with you at any participating East Side Mario's. It can be on your phone or as a printout.
SCENE card
Show your server your black SCENE membership card & this email when paying for your meal and your SCENE points will be automatically deposited into your account.
Remember, you can get this 25X bonus each restaurant visit before it ends on September 13, 2015 – up to three times a day!
22 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
So you get 25 points per $3 spent. So I have to spend $120 to get 1000 points. Not a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn terrible deal. This is just as worse as Air Miles.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2873 posts
2825 upvotes
Ottawa
From the title, I thought I'll get 2500 points from watching 1 movie!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
NoCountry4RFDer wrote: From the title, I thought I'll get 2500 points from watching 1 movie!
Ya tittle is horrible and misleading.
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
carmaster wrote: So you get 25 points per $3 spent. So I have to spend $120 to get 1000 points. Not a good deal.
im not following your logic. normally it woudl cost $1000 to get 1000 points. how is this not better? i mean besides having to eat *****ty food at ESM lol. dont think I could force myself to eat $120 of ESM but thats just me.

if this only cost me $120 of dinner at the keg, i'd be all over it. but its worth calling out that scene points in general are about to get diluted for anyone not already in the know. theyre bumping the redemption for the premium type movies, imax\dbox\3d\etc from 1000 to 1500 or 2000 points. i may cancel my scotiabank scene visa over this and explain that they basically eroded their points system from 2% to 1%. its probably better for me to get a grocery visa at PC and just buy cineplex gift cards instead.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2949 posts
801 upvotes
Toronto
The deal is decent. But the title let's you down.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
jamex wrote: im not following your logic. normally it woudl cost $1000 to get 1000 points. how is this not better? i mean besides having to eat *****ty food at ESM lol. dont think I could force myself to eat $120 of ESM but thats just me.

if this only cost me $120 of dinner at the keg, i'd be all over it. but its worth calling out that scene points in general are about to get diluted for anyone not already in the know. theyre bumping the redemption for the premium type movies, imax\dbox\3d\etc from 1000 to 1500 or 2000 points. i may cancel my scotiabank scene visa over this and explain that they basically eroded their points system from 2% to 1%. its probably better for me to get a grocery visa at PC and just buy cineplex gift cards instead.
You don't need to spend $1000 for 1000 points. You get 100 points for every movie ticket purchased.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2139 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
jamex wrote: im not following your logic. normally it woudl cost $1000 to get 1000 points. how is this not better? i mean besides having to eat *****ty food at ESM lol. dont think I could force myself to eat $120 of ESM but thats just me.

I agrere. You should cancel your Scotiabank Scene Card.

#Scenegate
Never trust someone who tells you that their favourite show is Corner Gas.
Dec 27, 2011
863 posts
1690 upvotes
RFD needs a system where you get perma-banned for posting a misleading title (maybe after a certain number of times), intentional or not.
Jan 8, 2006
834 posts
171 upvotes
carmaster wrote: You don't need to spend $1000 for 1000 points. You get 100 points for every movie ticket purchased.
ok fair enough. i was referring to cash spent outside of cineplex such as the scene visa points accumulation. this ESM deal sounds more along those lines than the 100 point movie accumulation. i suppose both perspectives are valid for comparison.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3214 posts
1263 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP. I have a gift card for ESM anyways so why not use it to get free scene points. 25x the points are better than no points.
May 9, 2007
55 posts
Toronto
To those interested, the 25x promotion is also at Milestones until Sept 7, 2015
The deal is warm, but it is better than their previous promotion. Last year the Cara restaurants gave you 3 points per dollar spent. Now you get 1 point per $3 spent plus this 25x promotion. The points given are close to that if you bought a movie ticket. If you like eating out, this is your chance before the Scene points become negligible for these restaurants.
Nov 19, 2011
31 posts
5 upvotes
Windsor
The ESM in London Ontario takes off 10% off the bill for CAA card, that's a much easier promo to use if you have one (They do not combine offers). While almost every ESM I've been to have been pretty terrible, I do recommend the one in North London near Masonville.
Sep 20, 2007
555 posts
186 upvotes
Any kind of SCENE points earned outside of Cineplex will be less than ideal which is just kind of obvious. This is really not that bad if you were already planning to go out and ESM was one of your options. This is similar to the Sport Chek SCENE points thing but this particular deal is better since it has a promo (although by default it's worse since Sport Chek is 1pt/$1 whereas this is normally 1pt/$3).

But yeah the title is super misleading. OP really needs to edit it.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Wpegger wrote: +1
+1
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7965 posts
9085 upvotes
Toronto
What a dumb thread... and on top of that it's YMMV only because you have to show 'the email" sent to you... good luck with that
OP, pls show some respect and refrain yourself from posting useless random stuff like this in the future
tester85 wrote: hello, now the home of all-you-can-eat – soup or salad, and garlic homeloaf – is also home to SCENE® points!

Starting now, earn on every meal when you show your SCENE card at East Side Mario's restaurants – you'll get 1 point for every $3 you spend*.

Plus, for a limited time until September 13, 2015, you can receive 25X bonus SCENE points!** Getting your bonus points is easy – here’s how:

Phone
Have this email with you at any participating East Side Mario's. It can be on your phone or as a printout.
SCENE card
Show your server your black SCENE membership card & this email when paying for your meal and your SCENE points will be automatically deposited into your account.
Remember, you can get this 25X bonus each restaurant visit before it ends on September 13, 2015 – up to three times a day!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
ESM has always been my favorite go-to restaurant, especially with the kids. all you can eat salad is great - and cheap. That said, things have been going down hill there. We bought a 34$ pizza to share and they only counted that as 1 adult meal so had to pay for 1 of our kids (was a kids eat free day). The not to be combined with any other offer promo has gotten really strict. Son had his birthday, won a free desert, but then if we go there on a kids eat free day, or use the mini mario membership card, he can't use the 'prize' he felt so happy to spin and win on his bday.

I am not going to complain that much though - we'll still go, it's just there are so many promos out, but you can't take advantage of any of them with kids since the kids eat free trumps all the promos. Again, still a good deal for us at ESM, but the rules have tightened quite a bit. Before we used to get a 10$ off our 30$ bill + both kids ate free on sunday. They didn't call the sunday kids eat free as a promo to trump the coupons we had. 20$ for a large pizza, unlimitted salad x 2 adults + 2 free kids meals. I guess that was 2 good 2 be true.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2240 posts
445 upvotes
yeah, but i'll have to eat at Milestones, so i rather not earn any points then to eat at Milestones.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)